Page 2 of 690 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Well Oracle is my favorite incarnation of her, so I'm all for it. She's so much more interesting in that role.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I love Babs but I really don't understand why they would use Oracle on this show. DC/WB has spent a lot of time and money to make sure everyone knows that Barbara Gordon is the Batgirl. Now all of a sudden she's back to being wheelchair bound on this upcoming high profile show?!?
    TNT is a cable channel with their TV shows receiving tiny ratings. So the general audience would not know about that. We are getting a DCCU Flash despite the fact we already have a CW Flash. There are still rumours going on that Jenna Malone will be playing Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl in the DCCU. The way I see it, we are getting the Oracle version of Barbara Gordon on TNT while we are getting the Batgirl/Oracle version of Barbara Gordon in the DCCU. My theory makes sense since we have the kid/pre Batman version of Bruce Wayne on Fox wile we are getting the Batman version of Bruce Wayne in the DCCU. The general audience would know about the DCCU. So making Barbara Gordon a walking Oracle/Batgirl in the DCCU is what the general audience will remember. They would not care about the TNT version of Barbara Gordon like people don't not care about the Fox version of Fox Bruce Wayne.
    Last edited by TheDarkKnightReturns; 02-03-2015 at 08:14 AM.

It's just weird since Diane Nielson talked so much about synergy between the brands. Arrow has had an effect on the monthly comics. Felicity and Digg are now a part of the Green Arrow comic and (sadly) Deathstroke now looks like Maru Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    A team that's 2/3 women. Wow, I wasn't expecting that. This is a (pleasant) surprise.
    That is a surprise

I love Babs but I really don't understand why they would use Oracle on this show. DC/WB has spent a lot of time and money to make sure everyone knows that Barbara Gordon is the Batgirl. Now all of a sudden she's back to being wheelchair bound on this upcoming high profile show?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well Oracle is my favorite incarnation of her, so I'm all for it. She's so much more interesting in that role.
    Well, there are quite a lot of Oracle fans out there Besides, like others pointed out, this is still a TV show. The number of people who will watch is very small (compared to the people who will watch the movies). And yes, Oracle is an interesting take on the character.

It's just weird since Diane Nielson talked so much about synergy between the brands. Arrow has had an effect on the monthly comics. Felicity and Digg are now a part of the Green Arrow comic and (sadly) Deathstroke now looks like Maru Bennett.
    I see the former as a good thing..since I like those characters. The latter? I am not particularly sure.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Holy balls! The ending to this week's Flash ep!!! Totally nerded out.

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

BANNED

Even though, it'll never happen. I'd love to see WB Animation do a animated movie that wasn't Superman, Batman or Justice League related. Green Arrow, Teen Titans, Birds of Prey, Doom Patrol, etc...You limit yourself when you play it safe all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Even though, it'll never happen. I'd love to see WB Animation do a animated movie that wasn't Superman, Batman or Justice League related. Green Arrow, Teen Titans, Birds of Prey, Doom Patrol, etc...You limit yourself when you play it safe all the time.
    Well, we are getting Green Arrow and Flash in the kids movies/short films - Animal Instincts. So, there is progress.

Hopefully there will be more

By the time DOJ comes around, I would love to see a JL series back in the air, focusing on the lesser known characters (like JLU did).

JLU introduced me to lot of DC characters - from Green Arrow to Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Anyways, I am not sure why the recent movies have been bad
    Controversial opinion ahead:

I can't speak for the Batman stuff, but a lot of it has to do with the creators being forced to base their content on Geoff Johns' whack storylines. Justice League: Origin did not deserve its own animated feature. The comic was embarrassing enough, and did not deserve to be touted as something to entice a more general audience. The same goes for Flashpoint. Back in the heyday of the DCAU, Bruce Timm and co. were allowed the creative freedom to more or less do and adapt what they wanted to, and tell their own stories. This, no doubt, gave them more passion for their projects, and since their writers and producers are better storytellers than most comic writers, it allowed for better stories and a better product than what we're seeing today.

It would behoove DC to allow Timm to do what he wants and not force him to adapt Johns' stories and Justice League. I think they are allowing Timm more freedom with Gods and Monsters. Hopefully things turn around with the return of Timm and his new projects. I mean, really, who the hell is Geoff Johns compared to the guy behind Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League and Justice League Unlimited!?
    Last edited by Desh; 02-19-2015 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post

I can't speak for the Batman stuff, but a lot of it has to do with the creators being forced to base their content on Geoff Johns' whack storylines. Justice League: Origin did not deserve its own animated feature. The comic was embarrassing enough, and did not deserve to be touted as something to entice a more general audience. The same goes for Flashpoint. Back in the heyday of the DCAU, Bruce Timm and co. were allowed the creative freedom to more or less do and adapt what they wanted to, and tell their own stories. This, no doubt, gave them more passion for their projects, and since their writers and producers are better storytellers than most comic writers, it allowed for better stories and a better product than what we're seeing today.

It would behoove DC to allow Timm to do what he wants and not force him to adapt Johns' stories and Justice League. I think they are allowing Timm more freedom with Gods and Monsters. Hopefully things turn around with the return of Timm and his new projects. I mean, really, who the hell is Geoff Johns compared to the guy behind Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League and Justice League Unlimited!?
    Origins was below average..but I believe Johns stepped up his game in the later arcs (starting with Throne of Atlantis).

I have been thinking about that too. Lot of people revere Timm's animated works as awesome and in whole another level (I don't argue with that, but they also had their fair share of problems - like BatGod). Creative freedom - I am not sure about this one. ToA animated feature was a lot different from the actual story line.

Well, Gods and Monsters is reported to be a darker version of the League. Wonder how that will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post

I don't think they're being forced to adapt Johns' work, so much as there was a general shift in the direction of the Animated Features line to be more continuity-driven and the decision was made to base that universe off the currently running New 52 universe and through Justice League and Batman movies (since those sell well).

And by that logic, Origins was chosen to adapt since it covered the origins of the Justice League in Earth-0, much like Thrones of Atlantis was chosen because it was a big Justice League storyline and could be used to introduce Aquaman into the new continuity. It wasn't because they were forced to use Geoff Johns' storylines, and Thrones of Atlantis was a very loose adaption even if it was also very faithful for the most part.

The Batman movies are so far taking inspiration from Grant Morrisson and Scott Snyder storylines, who are currently big names on those characters, so I don't see an issue with doing the same for Johns' work on Justice League.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Seems like I am the only one who really enjoyed Origins and JL:War lol
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

The decay of DC's animation department is extremely depressing. All the shows are cancelled, and the movies are taking a serious downturn in quality, aside from Assault on Arkham. They need to seriously step up their game.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Origins was below average..but I believe Johns stepped up his game in the later arcs (starting with Throne of Atlantis).

I have been thinking about that too. Lot of people revere Timm's animated works as awesome and in whole another level (I don't argue with that, but they also had their fair share of problems - like BatGod). Creative freedom - I am not sure about this one. ToA animated feature was a lot different from the actual story line.

Well, Gods and Monsters is reported to be a darker version of the League. Wonder how that will go.
    The ToA comic was great, but the movie was a watered-down mess. They seriously need to fire the creative teams behind the League movies and get people who are actually competant
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Seems like I am the only one who really enjoyed Origins and JL:War lol
    Origins was ok. War was a horrific mess. Superman and Wonder Woman basically went around murdering people the whole time. Yeah they were parademons, but the League didn't know they weren't alive until Cyborg showed up. They were basically executing people form the start. Not to mention Desaad
    Cyclops was right