Page 205 of 693 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 10395
    Mighty Member

I thought Mister Terrific was simply going to be a cameo but nope it seems like he'll play a crucial role. I'm definitely going to check this out.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Why does DC want her to have a sword so badly?
    It's 2019. Might as well accept it. It's part of her brand now.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Negative. This version of WW flies, but the DCEU seems completely unwilling to let her do it. I’d say give it to her, and put the sword on the back burner. “No sharp edges”

I think my main issue with the sword here is that I don't think it fits with Diana's DCAU design.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Why does DC want her to have a sword so badly?
    I have no idea it's annoying. They probably think it makes her look "cool".

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think my main issue with the sword here is that I don't think it fits with Diana's DCAU design.
    Yeah it looks stupid around her waist. And she never needed it in the show so why now?

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Negative. This version of WW flies, but the DCEU seems completely unwilling to let her do it. I’d say give it to her, and put the sword on the back burner. “No sharp edges”
    We don't really know that. She flew during her battle with Aries in her origin movie, so it'd be weird to think she can't fly in the DCEU. Sure, she didn't fly in BvS or JL, but those were made with Snyder leading the way. With him gone and not around to say no, there's plenty of reason to believe she can fly in her other appearances going forwards. I mean making her flying a one time thing in the origin film and then never again for no explained reason seems...stupid.
    Anyways I got my fingers crossed and expect she will fly again.

Also, I'm one of the WW fans who likes her with a sword. No reason a warrior like Diana wouldn't have a sword (you know, assuming she has a sword that can stand up to her superstrength and the foes she goes against).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    We don't really know that. She flew during her battle with Aries in her origin movie, so it'd be weird to think she can't fly in the DCEU. Sure, she didn't fly in BvS or JL, but those were made with Snyder leading the way. With him gone and not around to say no, there's plenty of reason to believe she can fly in her other appearances going forwards. I mean making her flying a one time thing in the origin film and then never again for no explained reason seems...stupid.
    Anyways I got my fingers crossed and expect she will fly again.

Also, I'm one of the WW fans who likes her with a sword. No reason a warrior like Diana wouldn't have a sword (you know, assuming she has a sword that can stand up to her superstrength and the foes she goes against).
    I think the jury is still out on the whole “flying” thing against Ares. Some said it was her using energy from his attacks. Some said it was her levitating amongst the rubble and wreckage. I know Justice League was filmed around the same time, so why didn’t she do it in that movie?

Isn’t it sad that almost two years after a successful film that one of the biggest takeaways for the WW mythos is that she must always have a sword on her hip.

Isn’t it sad that almost two years after a successful film that one of the biggest takeaways for the WW mythos is that she must always have a sword on her hip.
    Not to me, I'm fine with the sword. I can see why some people have an issue with it though, since this is supposed to be the DCAU WW who never carried a sword. I just hope they don't suddenly have Aquaman all covered in tattoos wherever he shows up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Same how Wonder Woman flies (sometimes) or the trunks going away and never coming back.

It is 2019, what does that have to do with anything? That lassos are out and swords are in? lol
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I think the jury is still out on the whole “flying” thing against Ares. Some said it was her using energy from his attacks. Some said it was her levitating amongst the rubble and wreckage. I know Justice League was filmed around the same time, so why didn’t she do it in that movie?
    Snyder. Well, Snyder and then Whedon not thinking to add any flying scenes afterwards once he took over to fix things. But mostly Snyder. I don't think her not flying in Justice League goes any higher than that. But we'll see once WW 84 comes out. I'm personally pretty confident she'll have a good flying scene or two in there though, and not just in the invisible jet.

Nope, because the movie didn't start the sword thing, other creators have been trying to add the sword thing and make it stick for years now (New Frontier, New 52, etc.). Her movie just kind of helped cement a trend that had long been in the works (and I think was inevitable), but it was definitely not the biggest takeaway or even one of the main takeaways of the film.

Same how Wonder Woman flies (sometimes) or the trunks going away and never coming back.

It is 2019, what does that have to do with anything? That lassos are out and swords are in? lol
    Why can't both be in? I like both.

Why can't both be in? I like both.
    Why do you like the sword? I'm not asking to be condescending or anything like that, I honestly want to know what you find appealing about it for Diana.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Then again, Bruce Tim is involved with this, and he admitted that he and his team struggled the most with Diana’s role in the show, as well as characterization. So, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised. A shame she’s a character that few at DC seem to really “get”.

Snyder. Well, Snyder and then Whedon not thinking to add any flying scenes afterwards once he took over to fix things. But mostly Snyder. I don't think her not flying in Justice League goes any higher than that. But we'll see once WW 84 comes out. I'm personally pretty confident she'll have a good flying scene or two in there though, and not just in the invisible jet.

Nope, because the movie didn't start the sword thing, other creators have been trying to add the sword thing and make it stick for years now (New Frontier, New 52, etc.). Her movie just kind of helped cement a trend that had long been in the works (and I think was inevitable), but it was definitely not the biggest takeaway or even one of the main takeaways of the film.
    Snyder was involved in the writing for the WW movie so I doubt he didn't want Diana to fly.