Page 212 of 694 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 10400

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Looks interesting. But cyborg with the DP?
    I was going to say something explaining why but I know how triggered some people get if you bring up race.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I was going to say something explaining why but I know how triggered some people get if you bring up race.
    I don't think it has anything to do with race. He's there firstly to promote Cyborg because DC really wants him to be popular. But more importantly to this series, he's there as a reflection of Robotman. What we have seen so far of Robotman is that he's still very much human without the fleshy bits. Cyborg will probably go through his "am monster or man?" phase and that familiar story would be a nice twist with Robotman mentoring him in a way. Robotman still holds onto what makes him human while Vic focuses more on what makes him machine. I hope this is what happens at least, it's a very compelling story idea just sitting there.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Bumblebee in the new DC Super Hero Girls cartoon:

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with race. He's there firstly to promote Cyborg because DC really wants him to be popular. But more importantly to this series, he's there as a reflection of Robotman. What we have seen so far of Robotman is that he's still very much human without the fleshy bits. Cyborg will probably go through his "am monster or man?" phase and that familiar story would be a nice twist with Robotman mentoring him in a way. Robotman still holds onto what makes him human while Vic focuses more on what makes him machine. I hope this is what happens at least, it's a very compelling story idea just sitting there.
    I wasn't gonna explain but that bolded part is the racial issue I have, I don't care why they want Cyborg on this team when the main reason boils down to them trying to push this character at the expense of other black characters. This could have been an opportunity to see a live action version of Karen Beecher aka Bumblebee since her character actually has been a part of the team but DC wants Cyborg to be the face of their black characters ...and he's hardly even that if you look at his comic design.

I guess when 'silly' asked why Cyborg with DP my answer should have been they're trying to shove him down our throats.

I will of course still watch this show tho for the other characters but I am cyborged out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bumblebee in the new DC Super Hero Girls cartoon:

Aw this is cute, forever will mad that Vixen wasn't the token black girl for the original shorts but for this version of DC Super Hero Girls Bumblebee definitely works.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-09-2019 at 11:50 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

Fans will never happy about a damn thing lol. Not trying to be mean but it just comes off as “This is not the black person I wanted.” He’s not being shoved in our faces, you’re just not a fan of the character and that’s okay. But own it! I’m sick of this BS either or mentality that a lot of you have. I’m over the moon with seeing Cyborg, John Stewart, Black Lightning, Mister Terrific and others on a regular basis. I want them all.

Now I’m annoyed.
    Last edited by Raijin; 02-10-2019 at 12:16 AM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

It isn't Cyborg's fault that DC has trouble promoting more than two black characters at a time. They had a similar issue in the 90s and 2000s when John Stewart and Steel were basically the only black characters that got any significant attention. Fans of other black characters didn't blame those two.

There is nothing wrong with asking for DC to promote more of their black characters but it profits no one to take this out Cyborg (who is still a popular character in his own right so let's not act like he's just a creator's pet).

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Fans will never happy about a damn thing lol. Not trying to be mean but it just comes off as “This is not the black person I wanted.” He’s not being shoved in our faces, you’re just not a fan of the character and that’s okay. But own it! I’m sick of this BS either or mentality that a lot of you have. I’m over the moon with seeing Cyborg, John Stewart, Black Lightning, Mister Terrific and others on a regular basis. I want them all.

Now I’m annoyed.
    DC wants to promote him. They obviously want him to be a bigger character since he's appeared in most of the animated movies since 2011, has been in a couple DCEU movies, is in YJ and will be in Doom Patrol. He's getting a lot of exposure, a lot more than other characters. It's okay for fans to want other characters to show up in some project.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

DC wants to promote him. They obviously want him to be a bigger character since he's appeared in most of the animated movies since 2011, has been in a couple DCEU movies, is in YJ and will be in Doom Patrol. He's getting a lot of exposure, a lot more than other characters. It's okay for fans to want other characters to show up in some project.
    He's literally been depicted in 4 different teams around the same timeframe. Justice League, Teen Titans, Young Justice and now Doom Patrol. He's definitely over exposed, and taking the place of other Black characters that could have been used in his place.

Doom Patrol could have used Mal Duncan or Bumblebee or both. Young Justice could give Static more screen time. Justice League (the animated films) could have done more with John Stewart or used Mister Terrific/Black Lightning/Vixen. Instead it's always Cyborg, which I feel is very deliberate on DC's part.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Mighty Member

It seems like bitterness to me.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    He's literally been depicted in 4 different teams around the same timeframe. Justice League, Teen Titans, Young Justice and now Doom Patrol. He's definitely over exposed, and taking the place of other Black characters that could have been used in his place.

Doom Patrol could have used Mal Duncan or Bumblebee or both. Young Justice could give Static more screen time. Justice League (the animated films) could have done more with John Stewart or used Mister Terrific/Black Lightning/Vixen. Instead it's always Cyborg, which I feel is very deliberate on DC's part.
    So if Jamie Reyes was in his exact position. You wouldn’t feel that he was “overexposed”

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Unless we count the Lego DC movies, Cyborg has only been part of the in-continuity animated movies. He doesn't show up in every Justice League animated movie in general. He won't be in Fatal Five. He's a founding member of the animated JL team, makes sense to see him in that version of the team. As for Doom Patrol, perhaps they just wanted to introduce him in the Titans universe but may or may not have been allowed to use him until the Justice League movie was out, so they used him in Doom Patrol instead, until they decide to put him with the Titans in the future. We all know how wacky WB are when it comes to their restrictions. I don think that Cyborg is over exposed, he's just the black character they tend to push the most. As such, it makes sense to see him more often than other black characters. I'm honestly not sure why there seems to be this resentment towards the character, this is almost turning into a Barry Allen/Hal Jordan thing, where people complain about them because they think they shouldn't be used over their favorites.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-10-2019 at 03:06 AM.

So if Jamie Reyes was in his exact position. You wouldn’t feel that he was “overexposed”
    I probably would if he was taking the place of other Latino characters on certain teams.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Black Lightning has his own t.v. series and has been the most prominent black character in Young Justice season 3. Mr Terrific will be part of the League in Justice League vs Fatal Five. Victor has been absent from the first two seasons of Young Justice and the live action Titans series.

So? If someone is upset that a character isn't being used then why aren't they allowed to be upset?

Well I've started a lively discussion.

Now I’m annoyed.
    Exactly, fans are never happy so my being unhappy shouldn't even warrant Cyborg fans coming out the woodwork.

And, I really don't care how you feel in regards to my anger towards an underdeveloped character (that has had multiple tries of gaining depth) constantly being used as the face of black characters.

Also did you notice how you named only black male characters ...do you see the quote in my signature. While I can be happy at people's fave characters being used (like I'm genuinely happy John Stewart is being given more things to do) I have no more love to give to Cyborg nor do I care about his fans being upset.

So yeah I'm still cyborged out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It isn't Cyborg's fault that DC has trouble promoting more than two black characters at a time. They had a similar issue in the 90s and 2000s when John Stewart and Steel were basically the only black characters that got any significant attention. Fans of other black characters didn't blame those two.

There is nothing wrong with asking for DC to promote more of their black characters but it profits no one to take this out Cyborg (who is still a popular character in his own right so let's not act like he's just a creator's pet).
    I can do both and have been doing both. I've been blaming DC and feeling like Cyborg is not worthy at the same time.

I've complained about DC Comics: No Two Minorities Alike policy for some time now while also saying that they had better options to choose from to be their token on the Justice League and the face of black characters.

You can trust in the fact that I have no problems "sharing the wealth"

As for the part about about John Stewart and Steel, I can't verify whether or not that is actually true and even if it was or seemed like that there are factors that may explain why but all I can say is that I am my own person so of course my (and others) negative feelings towards Cyborg is different from fans and their lack of negative feelings towards John Stewart and Steel back in the 90's.

Hell yeah I'm bitter, is this suppose to be an insult, am I supposed to feel ashamed b/c I don't, I have no problem admitting bitterness in the things that I say or do, nor does my bitterness erase what I may say factually.

And one of those factual things I was expressing is that DC's constant need to push Cyborg is at the expense of other black characters.

~~~~

Anyway as lovely as this discussion is I want to keep things on topic of this thread and not derail it so I would hope people understand that and would either make a new thread to continue this discussion or bring up that Cyborg/Black Characters thread from.way back.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-10-2019 at 06:45 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer