Page 213 of 693 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 10394
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I was going to say something explaining why but I know how triggered some people get if you bring up race.
    But you just brought it up. At the end of the day it's what you wanted

BANNED

Anyway as lovely as this discussion is I want to keep things on topic of this thread and not derail it so I would hope people understand that and would either make a new thread to continue this discussion or bring up that Cyborg/Black Characters thread from.way back.
    Hilarious

DC currently has more poc employees and creators at the moment and just recently DCU published a whole index of black DC characters for BHM. It has to start somewhere and it starts with the most profitable. But if these characters aren't given the push then we won't see people like Vixen or Amazing Man become A list . Cyborg is simply a popular DC character y'all ALWAYS gotta make it complicated for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    But you just brought it up. At the end of the day it's what you wanted
    I didn't know we had a mind reader on this forum, please tell me more about what I was thinking.

At the end of the day people can't handle their faves being negatively talked about ...nobody had to respond, there could have been a simple "I disagree" and we all could have continued with continued talks about what Cyborg could bring to DP.

Hilarious

DC currently has more poc employees and creators at the moment and just recently DCU published a whole index of black DC characters for BHM. It has to start somewhere and it starts with the most profitable. But if these characters aren't given the push then we won't see people like Vixen or Amazing Man become A list . Cyborg is simply a popular DC character y'all ALWAYS gotta make it complicated for nothing.
    1. What does multiple employees and creators of color have to do with what I said, this is sounding very much on the wavelength of "I have a black friend"

2. What does DC Comics doing something nice for BHM when they ignore most of their black characters every other month suppose to show... Should I give them a cookie for remembering they exist for that month.

3. Has Cyborg shown to be profitable...

You responded to me but you're not even accurately addressing what I wrote ...at least make an attempt if you're gonna try to get on a high horse.

As someone who will continually respond until I feel I am done whether out of spite or pettiness I just want to thank you for derailing the thread despite what I requested.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Mighty Member

Is there a mute option? Stupidity tends to give me a headache.

Anyway, I don’t know if this was posted. The EP is said to be introducing characters like Beard Hunter (lol?), Celsius (who I think we saw on Titans already), Danny the Street and Lodestone.

I wish they can just upload the whole season. It make way more sense.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...mics-season-1/
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

I didn't know we had a mind reader on this forum, please tell me more about what I was thinking.

At the end of the day people can't handle their faves being negatively talked about ...nobody had to respond, there could have been a simple "I disagree" and we all could have continued with continued talks about what Cyborg could bring to DP.

1. What does multiple employees and creators of color have to do with what I said, this is sounding very much on the wavelength of "I have a black friend"

2. What does DC Comics doing something nice for BHM when they ignore most of their black characters every other month suppose to show... Should I give them a cookie for remembering they exist for that month.

3. Has Cyborg shown to be profitable...

You responded to me but you're not even accurately addressing what I wrote ...at least make an attempt if you're gonna try to get on a high horse.

As someone who will continually respond until I feel I am done whether out of spite or pettiness I just want to thank you for derailing the thread despite what I requested.
    You detailed the thread by talking about people getting triggered...you invited a hostile discussion when it could have been a healthy debate. Anyone is open to friendly discussions off rip, you don't have to go into it assuming people are gonna be triggered. It's all about how you approach it. I'm not trying to ride any high horse because I have my own issues with Cyborg. I just think DC putting him in a lot of media is GOOD and will lead to more representation all around. I personally think his origin story and his whole battle between man and machine is tiring at this point. But he has grown so much and still has so much potential. So many cyberpunk and sci fi stories you could do with him too and I can't think of many black sci fi leads currently in movies or comics but that might just be my own lack of knowledge; either way I think it would be cool. I would rather see DC get the character right and have him be remembered, for people of all backgrounds to see/grow up with or grow to admire. It's important for characters like Cyborg to have this type of exposure. You want to look back in 70 years like we do now with Batman and Superman and see a long history of prolific media appearances and comic runs. Hopefully that can happen. Either way just my opinion

I agree with you that it takes more than a BHM dedication

I dunno, isn't it just reasonable to assume that the creators wanted to add a more established DC character who could fit into the world of the Doom Patrol, and Cyborg just fit the bill?

I know his fans want Cyborg to be this technological adonis but a lot of the character's origins is rooted into him dealing with regarding himself as a "freak" and how his cybernetics cut him off from normal society, something that could relate well to the Doom Patrol.

This reminds me of when his role on the show was first announced and we had people arguing over whether he should be in it or not and if they were trying to replace Robotman .

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Are you talking about yourself ...or.

Also you trying to come into the thread with a dig like it was actually good is uh ...something.

Anyway, I don’t know if this was posted. The EP is said to be introducing characters like Beard Hunter (lol?), Celsius (who I think we saw on Titans already), Danny the Street and Lodestone.

There are obvious reasons why they're releasing episode by episode instead of all once, they want constant discussion from not only outlets recapping/reviewing the episodes but fans as well.

If you're part of a Netflix fandom you should be aware of how quickly binge shows stop getting focus in the media and by the fans it created.

As annoying as it is to see on a streaming service episode by episode releases builds up fandoms and keeps the show in the media and both of those things may attract new subscribers on interest alone.

Once DC has more shows on the streaming service it may change or it may stay the same.

The second obvious reason which may be the main reason (b/c DC comics is not the type of company that has been shown to look ahead), there isn't a lot of content on the service, so if they release all the episodes at once what do the subscribers have to watch after binging a show ...it's not like the streaming service has the library like Netflix does.

You detailed the thread by talking about people getting triggered...you invited a hostile discussion when it could have been a healthy debate. Anyone is open to friendly discussions off rip, you don't have to go into it assuming people are gonna be triggered. It's all about how you approach it. I'm not trying to ride any high horse because I have my own issues with Cyborg. I just think DC putting him in a lot of media is GOOD and will lead to more representation all around. I personally think his origin story and his whole battle between man and machine is tiring at this point. But he has grown so much and still has so much potential. So many cyberpunk and sci fi stories you could do with him too and I can't think of many black sci fi leads currently in movies or comics but that might just be my own lack of knowledge; either way I think it would be cool. I would rather see DC get the character right and have him be remembered, for people of all backgrounds to see/grow up with or grow to admire. It's important for characters like Cyborg to have this type of exposure. You want to look back in 70 years like we do now with Batman and Superman and see a long history of prolific media appearances and comic runs. Hopefully that can happen. Either way just my opinion

I agree with you that it takes more than a BHM dedication
    Lmao what hostility, I talked about triggering people b/c there are certain posters like 'Johnny' who seem to get upset about the mention of race and diveristy in comics and I did not want to deal with those kinds of responses at the time when I posted which was late for me ...it had nothing to do with actual triggering, nor was it an assumption as it happened in this thread and has happened outside of it.

As for the rest of what you said I agree with everything except for a couple things, media exposure is good for Cyborg but not at the expense of other characters which and while I think Cyborg has potential I do not think he has grown all that much as a character.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-10-2019 at 07:03 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I'm kind of surprised they haven't confirmed the Brotherhood of Evil yet, but I guess they might be saving them for later.
    There are obvious reasons why they're releasing episode by episode instead of all once, they want constant discussion from not only outlets recapping/reviewing the episodes but fans as well.

If you're part of a Netflix fandom you should be aware of how quickly binge shows stop getting focus in the media and by the fans it created.

As annoying as it is to see on a streaming service episode by episode releases builds up fandoms and keeps the show in the media and both of those things may attract new subscribers on interest alone.

Once DC has more shows on the streaming service it may change or it may stay the same.

The second obvious reason which may be the main reason (b/c DC comics is not the type of company that has been shown to look ahead), there isn't a lot of content on the service, so if they release all the episodes at once what do the subscribers have to watch after binging a show ...it'a not like the streaming service has the library like Netflix does.
    The consecutive release schedule seems to have worked for Titans and Young Justice judging by their high viewership, and they seem to have original content ready to for most of 2019, which is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm kind of surprised they haven't confirmed the Brotherhood of Evil yet, but I guess they might be saving them for later.

The consecutive release schedule seems to have worked for Titans and Young Justice judging by their high viewership, and they seem to have original content ready to for most of 2019, which is smart.
    That is good, do we know if there are other shows in development or being pitched outside of Stargirl, Swamp Thing and the animated Harley Quinn show ...I think there was talk of a Hawk and Dove show spinning out of Titans but anything else.

I am just wondering once all of the shows in development are finished and then released how is DC gonna juggle them, b/c even though the scheduling right now is helping with the lack of new content, it also seems like DC is not trying to have their new shows compete with each other.

That is good, do we know if there are other shows in development or being pitched outside of Stargirl, Swamp Thing and the animated Harley Quinn show ...I think there was talk of a Hawk and Dove show spinning out of Titans but anything else.

I am just wondering once all of the shows in development are finished and then released how is DC gonna juggle them, b/c even though the scheduling right now is helping with the lack of new content, it also seems like DC is not trying to have their new shows compete with each other.
    From what I'm understanding the DCU service is likely going to get absorbed into the Warner Media streaming service launching this year. Maybe that's why no new shows have been announced yet, outside those you mentioned.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

So far it's only the currently announced slate, aside from season 2 of Titans I guess, but production seems to be moving pretty smoothly for them.

BANNED

Are you talking about yourself ...or.

Also you trying to come into the thread with a dig like it was actually good is uh ...something.

The second obvious reason which may be the main reason (b/c DC comics is not the type of company that has been shown to look ahead), there isn't a lot of content on the service, so if they release all the episodes at once what do the subscribers have to watch after binging a show ...it's not like the streaming service has the library like Netflix does.

Lmao what hostility, I talked about triggering people b/c there are certain posters like 'Johnny' who seem to get upset about the mention of race and diveristy in comics and I did not want to deal with those kinds of responses at the time when I posted which was late for me ...it had nothing to do with actual triggering, nor was it an assumption as it happened in this thread and has happened outside of it.

As for the rest of what you said I agree with everything except for a couple things, media exposure is good for Cyborg but not at the expense of other characters which and while I think Cyborg has potential I do not think he has grown all that much as a character.
    Yeah but you still said it. You still came with that energy and negativity. If you wanna talk about race you will have more enlightening discussions if you approach it friendlier. If you wanna assume people like whoever you're talking about are gonna get triggered then you're just asking for an argument anyway ... If you don't like that guy go say it to that guy. There are hundreds of people here just trying to have a good time. we can all love each other because life's too short to be trying to call heads out. The way we can change is simply to educate ourselves. In this very conversation I've been educated. So therefore there's no reason to invite negativity when there's always a door open for a friendly discussion. Don't waste time making enemies who don't matter let's just have dope convos!

Batman vs the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated movie coming in late Spring.

http://collider.com/batman-vs-teenag...turtles-movie/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Cyborg is hot. That actor is very good looking.

Also hell Yes Batman v TMNT. [pretty sure it wasn't vs in the crossover comics]