Page 216 of 693 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 10395
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    When I think of these movies I think Dollmaker getting his heart ripped out or lots of blood or that guy talking about his kid in the submarine before he gets murdered.

I don't get a sense of caring or empathy from most of these movies. That's what I feel.
    You must hate Geoff Johns then.

The in-universe movies have nailed their tone IMO. They don't hold back when it comes to violence and darkness but they also have plenty of room for levity and emotional beats, giving the latter that much more impact.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    You must hate Geoff Johns then.
    I don't surprisingly. He does a lot of stuff that I hate. Constant retcons, deaths, etc. but there is something in the way he does it. Johns always feels like he's saying that DC needs to be more hopeful with his work while reveling in the horrible and disturbing aspects of comics. Especially in something like Infinite Crisis which to me is a story about DC needing to be better again but doesn't do anything to address it and just solving everything through violence and death.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Well Arrow is finally coming to a close https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...n-8-cw-1192596

Personally I checked out after Laurel died and couldn't care less about this show anymore but it did have a significant impact and will surely leave one.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Well Arrow is finally coming to a close https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...n-8-cw-1192596

Personally I checked out after Laurel died and couldn't care less about this show anymore but it did have a significant impact and will surely leave one.
    Same here.

The DC Superhero Girls cartoon show premieres today on Cartoon Network at 6 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    The DC Superhero Girls cartoon show premieres today on Cartoon Network at 6 pm.
    Watched it, it was alright. Still liked the previous version better, the humor in this one didn't seem as good and the characters a bit more over the top. But for a premier it was okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Watched it, it was alright. Still liked the previous version better, the humor in this one didn't seem as good and the characters a bit more over the top. But for a premier it was okay.
    I actually thought it was a lot funnier then the Fontana iteration, but it was also a lot more zany.

It's definitely a very different beast from the original DCSHG.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I actually thought it was a lot funnier then the Fontana iteration, but it was also a lot more zany.

It's definitely a very different beast from the original DCSHG.
    I guess it really depends on your taste in humor, I find some of the more zany stuff to be a bit too much at once to be surprising, which is important to me. Humor is kind of subjective though. It was still fun if not funny I thought. I don't think there's anything wrong with either version, but like you said they are very different beasts, so I definitely see people being more fans of one or the other probably, but there will be some overlap with fans.

Will they still continue the old version any, or is it dead now?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Will they still continue the old version any, or is it dead now?
    I think it's done.

The last web short for the original was pretty finale-ish, and the fact that the animation and writing for that season felt like a bit of an afterthought didn't help either, and now the youtube page has completely shifted to promoting the new incarnation.

Astonishing Member

Anybody has any idea when Young Justice is coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Anybody has any idea when Young Justice is coming back?
    June according to wikipedia.