Page 219 of 693 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229269319 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    "WB Animation confirmed at the panel at Cinema Con they are working on a "Top Secret DC Animated Movie" that isn't Super Pets. Now what could that be... Hmmmmmm..."

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...74079308591104

any guesses?
    Batman stuff I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    "WB Animation confirmed at the panel at Cinema Con they are working on a "Top Secret DC Animated Movie" that isn't Super Pets. Now what could that be... Hmmmmmm..."

https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...74079308591104

any guesses?
    Was this guy the one with the Batman Beyond scoop? If so, then I'm guessing that must be it.

I would love to find out they're really doing Batman Beyond after all and the previous denial/rebuttal/whatever was a misdirect.

Yeah, I guess if it's anything it's that Batman Beyond movie, although it'd be cool if it was something different .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I guess if it's anything it's that Batman Beyond movie, although it'd be cool if it was something different .
    You mean that it being Batman Beyond wouldn't be cool? Dude, that was one of the coolest most fun shows ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    You mean that it being Batman Beyond wouldn't be cool? Dude, that was one of the coolest most fun shows ever!
    Oh, I would totally love a Beyond movie, don't get me wrong, I just think it would also be cool for them to do something that's not Batman-related .

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends on if it depends on toy sales for money for new episodes.

That is what killed Young Justice & Static Shock.

Marvel Rising Toys are leaving the shelf way faster than DCSHG at the store I go to.
    I do think the toys are doing fine, but that's mostly a gut feeling. While the ratings themselves aren't the best (though it could be fine for Sundays at 4pm in the demo they want, I don't know), they seem to be hovering in a similar area now.

DCSHG's numbers are up for the 3/31 episode: 401k
    http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...3-31-2019.html

Tried to watch Fatal Five on DCU and found out it doesn't come out on the service until the 16th. I don't understand why it didn't just premiere on DCUniverse first.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Tried to watch Fatal Five on DCU and found out it doesn't come out on the service until the 16th. I don't understand why it didn't just premiere on DCUniverse first.
    They time the release on DC Universe to coincide with the physical release, probably so that it doesn't cut too much into digital sales.

WB is reviving the DC Showcase animated shorts with new shorts based around Sgt. Rock, Adam Strange, Death, Phantom Stranger, and the Death in the Family storyline.

Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, in partnership with DC, are currently in production on five new DC Showcase animated shorts for release in 2019-2020.

Inspired by characters and stories from DC’s robust portfolio, the all-new series of shorts will be included on upcoming DC Universe Movies releases, with exception of an innovative Batman: Death in the Family long-form animated short, which will anchor a compilation set for distribution in late 2020.

Each of the five shorts – entitled Sgt. Rock, Adam Strange, Death, The Phantom Stranger and Batman: Death in the Family – opens with a new, live-action branding sequence that features a few Easter Eggs specially added for observant fans.

Sgt. Rock is executive produced and directed by Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series) from a script by award-winning comics writers Louise Simonson & Walter Simonson and Tim Sheridan (Reign of the Supermen). The original tale finds battle-weary Sgt. Rock thinking he has seen everything that World War II can dish out. But he is in for the surprise of his life when he is assigned to lead a company consisting of legendary monsters into battle against an unstoppable platoon of Nazi zombies. Karl Urban (Star Trek & Lord of the Rings film franchises) provides the voice of Sgt. Rock. Also voicing characters in Sgt. Rock are Keith Ferguson, William Salyers and Audrey Wasilewski.

Adam Strange is produced and directed by Butch Lukic (Batman Unlimited franchise), who also conceived the original story – which is written by J.M. DeMatteis (Constantine: City of Demons). On a rugged asteroid mining colony, few of the toiling workers are aware that their town drunk was ever anything but an interplanetary derelict. But when the miners open a fissure into the home of a horde of deadly alien insects, his true identity is exposed. He is space adventurer Adam Strange, whose heroic backstory is played out in flashbacks as he struggles to save the very people who have scorned him for so long. Charlie Weber (How To Get Away with Murder) provides the voice of Adam Strange, alongside with Roger R. Cross, Kimberly Brooks, Ray Chase and Fred Tatasciore.

Inspired by Neil Gaiman’s “The Sandman,” Death is produced & directed by Sam Liu (Justice League vs. The Fatal Five) and written by J.M. DeMatteis (Batman: Bad Blood). In the story, Vincent, an artist with unresolved inner demons, meets a mysterious girl who helps him come to terms with his creative legacy … and eventual death. Leonardo Nam (Westworld) provides the voice of Vincent, and Jamie Chung (The Gifted, Big Hero 6) is the voice of Death. The cast includes Darin De Paul, Keith Szarabajka and Kari Wahlgren.

The Phantom Stranger has Bruce Timm (Batman: The Killing Joke) at the helm as executive producer & director, and the short is written by Ernie Altbacker (Teen Titans: The Judas Contract). Set in the 1970s, the short follows young adult Jess as she joins her friends at a party in a dilapidated mansion hosted by the mysterious Seth. When odd things begin to happen to Jess and her friends, the Phantom Stranger intervenes to save her from a dreary fate. Peter Serafinowicz (The Tick) gives voice to The Phantom Stranger, and Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville, Impastor) provides the voice of Seth. The Phantom Stranger also features the voices of Natalie Lander, Grey Griffin and Roger Craig Smith.

More information regarding Batman: Death In The Family will be available in 2020.

All five new DC Showcase shorts credits include Jim Krieg as co-producer, Amy McKenna as producer, and Sam Register as executive producer.

So kinda like last time, a few obscure characters get a needed spotlight followed by a longer short with a more tentpole character. Sounds cool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    So kinda like last time, a few obscure characters get a needed spotlight followed by a longer short with a more tentpole character. Sounds cool.
    this is super obscure

then again Catwoman and Green Arrow are in no way obscure

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    this is super obscure

then again Catwoman and Green Arrow are in no way obscure
    Jonah Hex and the Specter(Spectre?) are pretty obscure, GA was kinda obscure to the non-comic reading cartoon watching audience (not really really, but this was early in the TV series run, so definitely less well known than he is today). And Catwoman sort of doesn't count since it was after the whole "put all the shorts together with the big Superman Shazam team up short" thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Was this guy the one with the Batman Beyond scoop? If so, then I'm guessing that must be it.
    that was confirmed to never have been in development. social media influencers are not reputable sources. you guys continue to believe old debunked news