Page 233 of 691 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 10355

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They're doing a comic based on Batman: The Animated Series. With show creator Paul Dini writing!
    https://www.newsarama.com/49029-paul...in-comics.html
    Hope there's a continuation of Superman: TAS one day but it seems only Batman: TAS and Batman Beyond get the attention when the DCAU is revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hope there's a continuation of Superman: TAS one day but it seems only Batman: TAS and Batman Beyond get the attention when the DCAU is revisited.
    B:TAS was a dream come true for Timm and Dini. S:TAS was just a job they did because they felt obligated too. They never really “got” the characters like they did with Batman & co. Plus I just don’t think they have any interest in revisiting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    B:TAS was a dream come true for Timm and Dini. S:TAS was just a job they did because they felt obligated too. They never really “got” the characters like they did with Batman & co. Plus I just don’t think they have any interest in revisiting it.
    That’s a shame since I thought S:TAS was the best of the DCAU but other than yeah I agree it was pretty obvious whenever Batman showed up who they liked more and in JL/JLU where they just flat out did not get a character like Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That’s a shame since I thought S:TAS was the best of the DCAU but other than yeah I agree it was pretty obvious whenever Batman showed up who they liked more and in JL/JLU where they just flat out did not get a character like Wonder Woman.
    Timm and Dini had a really bad habit where when they didn’t know what to do with a female character, they made them fall in love with Batman who was pretty blatantly their self insert at times. They still did great work overall and the DCAU works fine as an intro to the DCU, but yeah they dropped the ball on some characters.

Timm and Dini had a really bad habit where when they didn’t know what to do with a female character, they made them fall in love with Batman who was pretty blatantly their self insert at times. They still did great work overall and the DCAU works fine as an intro to the DCU, but yeah they dropped the ball on some characters.
    Yeah, I mean there's obviously Catwoman and Talia as pre-established love interests but it got annoying when seemingly every women who wasn't in a relationship with someone else was attracted to Batman (Barbara Gordon, Zatanna, Lois Lane, Wonder Woman, Cheetah, etc)

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Gary Miereanu on JLD: Apokolips War being the last DCAU movie:

"For 13 years, the #DCUniverseMovies (initially branded “DC Universe Animated Original Movies”) have arrived 2-4 times each year. Some in various continuities, others as one-offs. The only thing stopping is @JTuckerAnimator’s 6-year run of JL continuity. More movies are coming."

https://twitter.com/SuperPRGuy/statu...26470568890369

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

"For 13 years, the #DCUniverseMovies (initially branded “DC Universe Animated Original Movies”) have arrived 2-4 times each year. Some in various continuities, others as one-offs. The only thing stopping is @JTuckerAnimator’s 6-year run of JL continuity. More movies are coming."

Looks like it’s indeed the end then. Seems weird that they gave Supes, Wondy, and Bats new costumes then. What was the point? Man of Tomorrow will be stand-alone then or might be the kickoff for the next continuity.

Looks like it’s indeed the end then. Seems weird that they gave Supes, Wondy, and Bats new costumes then. What was the point? Man of Tomorrow will be stand-alone then or might be the kickoff for the next continuity.
    Considering the quality of the last continuity, I'm hoping for stand alone. I'm hoping for nothing but stand alones going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I wonder who's going to take over after Tucker.

Man of Tomorrow seems like it's going to be a pivot point for the line in more ways then one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Considering the quality of the last continuity, I'm hoping for stand alone. I'm hoping for nothing but stand alones going forward.
    I dunno, after 6 years of doing films in an animated continuity, it feels like a waste to go back to just doing standalones.

It’s not like the standalones were perfect adaptions either. People forget that they’ve always changed or left stuff out from the comics they’ve adapted. They completely changed the ending when they adapted Tower of Babel with JL Doom, and not for the better I’d say. Gotham by Gaslight, All-Star Superman, hell even Under the Red Hood which everyone loves has things changed as well, for the better I’d say since I don’t think highly of the comic version. Without the shared continuity one downside is that we don’t get to see characters change over a long term period.

Still I wouldn’t mind seeing a shakeup in the art department animation wise at the very least.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-31-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder who's going to take over after Tucker.

Man of Tomorrow seems like it's going to be a pivot point for the line in more ways then one.

I dunno, after 6 years of doing films in an animated continuity, it feels like a waste to go back to just doing standalones.
    Why? Feels more wasteful to do mediocre movies just to have a continuity. The standalones have been (with a few exceptions) much, much better. I'd rather waste continuity than continue to waste quality.

It’s not like the standalones were perfect adaptions either. People forget that they’ve always changed or left stuff out from the comics they’ve adapted. They completely changed the ending when they adapted Tower of Babel with JL Doom, and not for the better I’d say. Gotham by Gaslight, All-Star Superman, hell even Under the Red Hood which everyone loves has things changed as well, for the better I’d say since I don’t think highly of the comic version. Without the shared continuity one downside is that we don’t get to see characters change over a long term period.

Still I wouldn’t mind seeing a shakeup in the art department animation wise at the very least.
    No one I think is making that argument - just that more often than not they've mostly been better in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    No one I think is making that argument - just that more often than not they've mostly been better in comparison.
    People on reddit are. They want the adaptions to be one to one recreations, but don’t get that they’ve never been that ever. Except maybe in the case of the DKR movies.

People on reddit are. They want the adaptions to be one to one recreations, but don’t get that they’ve never been that ever. Except maybe in the case of the DKR movies.
    Yeah, to be honest people complained about them having to fit adaptions into the in-continuity movies instead of being more faithful but I think it's pretty likely that there would have been similar creative decisions made had they been standalone adaptions.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Looks like it’s indeed the end then. Seems weird that they gave Supes, Wondy, and Bats new costumes then. What was the point?
    I guess they changed plans only later.