Page 24 of 695 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I hope Jason is a villain in the Arkhamverse. Jason as a anti-hero doesn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hope Jason is a villain in the Arkhamverse. Jason as a anti-hero doesn't work for me.
    He's probably gonna be an anti-hero, I never liked it either. I just don't get the appeal of a Bat-family member that kills and Jason coming back from the grave only really works if he is an antagonist for Batman but for some reason DC keeps pushing him as an anti-hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    yeah I thought Rightwing's look was perfect in Arkham City not sure why they changed it
    Everyone's supposed to be armored up since they are "going to war". Hopefully you can pick skins for your partners and not just Batman, because you can choose your skins at the very beginning of the game without having to beat it first.

BANNED

He's probably gonna be an anti-hero, I never liked it either. I just don't get the appeal of a Bat-family member that kills and Jason coming back from the grave only really works if he is an antagonist for Batman but for some reason DC keeps pushing him as an anti-hero.
    Well people pretty much love the rebel or anti hero characters it gives them a certain kind of niche,that's why pretty much wolverine was so loved when he was introduced,that's why out of the 4 tmnt raphael is probably the most loved turtle.

And speaking of the tmnt I always feel there's a comparison with the robins and the turtles,Dick=Leonardo,Jason=Raphael,Tim=Donatello, I wholdet call Damian michelangelo but he is the youngest robin and maybe in couple of years he can loosen up a little he will be like mickey.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Well people pretty much love the rebel or anti hero characters it gives them a certain kind of niche,that's why pretty much wolverine was so loved when he was introduced,that's why out of the 4 tmnt raphael is probably the most loved turtle.

And speaking of the tmnt I always feel there's a comparison with the robins and the turtles,Dick=Leonardo,Jason=Raphael,Tim=Donatello, I wholdet call Damian michelangelo but he is the youngest robin and maybe in couple of years he can loosen up a little he will be like mickey.
    Jason was a more compelling character in the ground than alive.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This. The bad boy rebel thing is so over done and kind of annoying. Wolverine went from an amazing character to a tedious one once they played up the bad boy thing and began pushing him as a lead.

A reformed Harvey Dent who is still morally shady compared to Batman's other allies would have been a way more interesting route. They could have avoided any annoying daddy issues as well.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I'm not sure that's as widely shared a belief today as it was when Jason was first revived ten years ago. As recently as 2002, if you asked most people if fans would accept a revived Jason Todd, most of them probably have responded in the negative. Lo and behold: we are ten years into Jason's return, and against all odds, he's more popular than he's ever been. Jason Todd has become one of the most remarkable examples of a successfully reclaimed and rehabilitated "failed" character in the history of fiction.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The appeal of Jason is there are more options available to him when it comes to dealing with villains. There are only so many times you can have Batman cart the Joker off to Arkham after slaughtering people en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This. The bad boy rebel thing is so over done and kind of annoying. Wolverine went from an amazing character to a tedious one once they played up the bad boy thing and began pushing him as a lead.

A reformed Harvey Dent who is still morally shady compared to Batman's other allies would have been a way more interesting route. They could have avoided any annoying daddy issues as well.
    Harvey has his own daddy issues as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I'm not sure that's as widely shared a belief today as it was when Jason was first revived ten years ago. As recently as 2002, if you asked most people if fans would accept a revived Jason Todd, most of them probably have responded in the negative. Lo and behold: we are ten years into Jason's return, and against all odds, he's more popular than he's ever been. Jason Todd has become one of the most remarkable examples of a successfully reclaimed and rehabilitated "failed" character in the history of fiction.

Don't forget that the many votes for Jason's death was really just one guy calling multiple times. The hate he got was actually kind of exaggerated.

BANNED

I respectfully disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Especially when you realize DCAU Tim was basically Jason with Tim Drake's name, and that Jason's story got a big animated movie in Under the Red Hood which I recall doing quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially when you realize DCAU Tim was basically Jason with Tim Drake's name, and that Jason's story got a big animated movie in Under the Red Hood which I recall doing quite well.
    Yes Under the Red Hood is a great Batman story with Jason as the main villain and Jason should've stayed the bad guy. Jason would be better as a villain than the whole bad boy anti-hero thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The appeal of Jason is there are more options available to him when it comes to dealing with villains. There are only so many times you can have Batman cart the Joker off to Arkham after slaughtering people en masse.
    Not really because if Jason catches a villain, he will kill them and that's it.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yes Under the Red Hood is a great Batman story with Jason as the main villain and Jason should've stayed the bad guy. Jason would be better as a villain than the whole bad boy anti-hero thing.
    Jason's arc in Batman & Robin when took in a sidekick and put his exploits on social media was another great villain arc for Jason. The villain potential for him is still untapped.