Page 240 of 693 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m just bummed they’re making yet another Batman game. It’s far past time to branch out. At this point what could they possibly offer in a Batman game that would be new and exciting (besides better graphics on the PS5)? Superman is my favorite character so obviously I’m biased about wanted a Supes games. But I would be overjoyed if they would make a Wonder Woman, GL, or Flash game. Just something different.
    I get where you're coming from, but Batman is their most reliable IP so I don't think it's surprising they're planning to do more Batman games.

But Rocksteady also has something in the works and there's a rumor of other DC games in the work set in the same universe as The Batman game. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get where you're coming from, but Batman is their most reliable IP so I don't think it's surprising they're planning to do more Batman games.

But Rocksteady also has something in the works and there's a rumor of other DC games in the work set in the same universe as The Batman game. Time will tell.

Yeah.. i honestly love every Arkham game I've played.... so more of the same actually works pretty well for me. I'd like a Superman or Green Lantern game too... but i can understand the mechanics of that are a lot tougher to work than simple street brawling+ Gadgets to really get you feeling immersed in the game. Superman Returns was pretty awesome game, but it had a lot of serious flaws that were honestly meant to be it's strengths...

Spider-man was pretty fun too.. .but the one i really want is a Daredevil game. Even if it's just a skin for Spider-man or plays the exact same as Batman... those street level characters all have potential... but the 'big guns'? They're a lot tougher to do justice.

I’m just bummed they’re making yet another Batman game. It’s far past time to branch out. At this point what could they possibly offer in a Batman game that would be new and exciting (besides better graphics on the PS5)? Superman is my favorite character so obviously I’m biased about wanted a Supes games. But I would be overjoyed if they would make a Wonder Woman, GL, or Flash game. Just something different.
    Do we know for sure it's another Bats game? Yeah, I would like something different as well. Aquaman

I will take Supes, WW or Flash as well. GL would be too hard (especially because you would have to limit the constructs to certain shapes?), unless they find some other unique way to implement it.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Do we know for sure it's another Bats game? Yeah, I would like something different as well. Aquaman

I will take Supes, WW or Flash as well. GL would be too hard (especially because you would have to limit the constructs to certain shapes?), unless they find some other unique way to implement it.
    WB Montreal has been teasing a Batman game for a while now and most gaming insiders know about it.

It was supposed to be revealed at E3 before Covid happened so now everyone is just waiting for WB to just actually announce it.

Yeah, after the Arkham games I don't really see what much else new there is to offer in another Batman game. If this starts some DC video game universe than that's cool long-term but given WB/DC's track record it will probably just be another "Batman and friends" franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, after the Arkham games I don't really see what much else new there is to offer in another Batman game. If this starts some DC video game universe than that's cool long-term but given WB/DC's track record it will probably just be another "Batman and friends" franchise.
    Well, one thing they can improve on from Knight is better use of the Batfamily.

A lot of the rumors concerning the game involve Robin, Batgirl, and Nightwing being playable and not just team-ups like in Knight.

They can probably better implement the Batmobile too. And do better bosses.

Extraordinary Member

Ideally, a strong enough comic-to-video-game adaptation could become an often-appearing franchise using lore, storytelling, and only occasional gameplay changes keep producing material - think of it as similar to how many Mario games are conceptually and at times functionally the same thing, as are Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Mortal Kombat, etc.

The Batman franchise simply has more faith from industry members that you really can produce a familiar game, but change how the story and tweak it a bit, and have a good game - similar to how a Netherrealm Studios is likely confident enough in its ability to handle the DCU as a whole with Injustice we’re liable to get a third game on that franchise, or how the new TellTale studios likely feels confident they can produce another Batman game, or Sony another Spider-Man game.

I *am* one of those guys who really wouldn’t be totally satisfied until I got to play a Batman video game with 3+ Robins and 3+ Batgirls... and I’m probably neither alone on that premise, or wrong in thinking that with the solid gameplay design of the Arkham series, and any successors molded after it, mainstream gamers would likely find it fun and fresh enough to keep buying it as well.

What Superman and other properties need is someone to crack the code on the gameplay for the characters, at which point you could likely start seeing multi-game franchises of those characters. While Superman’s power-set is hard to set up, I *do* think he and his world are already a potential moneymaker for something like a TellTale game, for instance.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

They should experiment with minigames or something maybe. And also a small slew of unexpected games. Amethyst of Gemworld anyone?

HOLY **** https://twitter.com/shinobi602/statu...907780608?s=21

AT&T is looking to sell the WB gaming division! Holy hell I'm completely blindsided by this. This could mean no more Injustice or DC games from Rocksteady. If Sony or MS buy a studio it means no more multi platform games from said studio. This is huge. Would WBM even exist after this? If not say goodbye to that Batman game and all plans for a DC Gaming Universe. Nothing in stone yet but this is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

AT&T is looking to sell the WB gaming division! Holy hell I'm completely blindsided by this. This could mean no more Injustice or DC games from Rocksteady. If Sony or MS buy a studio it means no more multi platform games from said studio. This is huge. Would WBM even exist after this? If not say goodbye to that Batman game and all plans for a DC Gaming Universe. Nothing in stone yet but this is massive.
    Makes no sense, their gaming division makes a ton of money doesn't it? The Arkham games, Injustice, Mortal Kombat, most corporations would kill for that kind of gaming success. I might not play games anymore, but I know of the kind if money they bring in. If this were the publishing division I'd understand, wouldn't be happy but I'd understand. But the gaming division that's cranking out so many successful franchises? It'd be like shooting themselves in the foot.

I hope this isn't true...feels like we might lose out on a lot of possible games and I don't see the overall business sense unless AT&T wants to pull a Disney.

Not sure if I trust anyone else with WB/DC games.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What the hell is AT&T thinking!? Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Batman Arkham, The LotR games and LEGO makes them huge bank. This move is boneheaded

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What the hell is AT&T thinking!? Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Batman Arkham, The LotR games and LEGO makes them huge bank. This move is boneheaded
    Yeah, I don't see the sense in it. And it's not like with Disney where the games up to that point weren't doing very well.

It’s because AT&T took on $200 billion in debt to buy WB, and one stockholder has been pushing them to divest assets to start paying off the debt.

It’s because AT&T took on $200 billion in debt to buy WB, and one stockholder has been pushing them to divest assets to start paying off the debt.
    I was not aware of that. Ouch .