Page 242 of 695 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 10418
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I will say the biggest disappointment I have with the Arkham games is the costume changes. The absolute highlight and the reason i bought the game in the first place was so i could wear 'the 70's costume' i.e. Classic blue/grey/yellow oval in a kickbutt Batman game.

The fact i have to BEAT it first in standard mode before i can play in the costume i WANT to is stupid and annoying AND it's been carried over to pretty much all of them. I have to blitz through the story... see all the surprise twists... before i can go back and savor it the way i wanted to play it.

One thing i'll give Sony's Spider-man.... They ALSO had costumes that were unlockable and buyable and all that... but you switch anytime you wanted to. I barely ever played in the 'new' costume... and just ran around in classic blue/red the whole time and loved every minute of it. I hope all games start following that blueprint. Having replay value is great.. but FORCING replay to get the gameplay you wanted is annoying as it comes.
    To be fair they fixed that. In Knight you have to leave the game to the main menu and select a new costume, City I think added a code you can just punch in, and Origin always had that.

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    To be fair they fixed that. In Knight you have to leave the game to the main menu and select a new costume, City I think added a code you can just punch in, and Origin always had that.
    OHHHHHH I have NOT heard about that. Blitzed Knight a couple years ago when i was housesitting for my sister (who had a PS4) so didn't worry about it. Since Quarantine I bought my own ps4 and bought a TON of the add on costumes, DLC, stories and stuff but haven't gotten to experiment with it yet. Too many other games to get through first.

Very curious about the City code though. I've been wanting to go back and play that again, but my file was missing and i really didn't wnat to play it TWICE again...

Eh, bad news if true.

But, wouldn't AT&T be better off selling something else? Video game industry is bigger than Hollywood+Music combined (in terms of profit iirc; made more money than the latter in 2018).

So one would think they would hold onto that. Unless they want to limit the number of divisions they need to sell off?
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Never change, corporate America.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s because AT&T took on $200 billion in debt to buy WB, and one stockholder has been pushing them to divest assets to start paying off the debt.
    Well that one stockholder should look at something less profitable to cut.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I would sell the publishing divisions before I touch the video games.

Ultimate Member

Looking at what they own-you would be hard pressed to give up something.

Maybe Cinemax.

Publishing part-who is going to buy that if they don't get full ownership of all of Dc's characters?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Maybe Cinemax.

Publishing part-who is going to buy that if they don't get full ownership of all of Dc's characters?
    I realize debt is an issue - but what is the point of going into debt to buy something if you then turn around and sell some of the most profitable and lucrative parts? Better off having not bothered in the first place.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Maybe Cinemax.

It's the same with Warner interactive. Most of what they publish are Warner IPs and potential purchasers ain't grabbing those IPs. At least the video games make bank. What has Warner Bros publications and Uproxx done for them?

Fantastic Member

I realize debt is an issue - but what is the point of going into debt to buy something if you then turn around and sell some of the most profitable and lucrative parts? Better off having not bothered in the first place.
    Capitalism makes debt different for companies than it does for you and I. They were already in debt when they bought Time Warner, they just hope that this longterm merger will someday turn profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Capitalism makes debt different for companies than it does for you and I. They were already in debt when they bought Time Warner, they just hope that this longterm merger will someday turn profitable.
    Well, it won't if they sell the most profitable parts. Well, maybe it will in a short term buy low sell high kind of way where you never cared what you were buying just as long as you could sell it for more. But not in a long term business way.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Damn it! This would be horrible. No more Injustice and no hope of getting a good DC game for the foreseeable future.

Well seeing how things usually go, Disney will buy NetherRealm, make a Marvel fighting game with them and make billions. Maybe Superman will get an iOS game someday (facepalm).
    Disney isn't doing too hot themselves and I completely doubt that they can afford buying NetherRealm.

I thought it was an odd decision at first when I heard the news, but I get it now when I thought deeply enough about it. Gaming industry thrived during the pandemic and has been very profitable in the recent years more so than movies and music industry. Long term tho? I truly believe that the future isn't going to be bright for this industry considering the state of the global economy right now with many people losing their jobs and the governments admitting that these jobs aren't coming back. Entertainment industry as whole is probably going to suffer big time in the next decade so I can see where they are coming from.
    Last edited by Rise; 06-14-2020 at 07:09 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Disney isn't doing too hot themselves and I completely doubt that they can afford buying NetherRealm.

I thought it was an odd decision at first when I heard the news, but I get it now when I thought deeply enough about it. Gaming industry thrived during the pandemic and has been very profitable in the recent years more so than movies and music industry. Long term tho? I truly believe that the future isn't going to be bright for this industry considering the state of the global economy right now with many people losing their jobs and the governments admitting that these jobs aren't coming back. Entertainment industry as whole is probably going to suffer big time in the next decade so I can see where they are coming from.
    Disagree - look at the Great Depression. Despite economic hardships the movie industry thrived. Why? Because people turn to entertainment more when things are bad. People need their escapism most during the hard times. You didn't see entertainment stagnate during the recession either. People may not have much money, but they will gladly spend some of that just to forget their problems for a while - the more or bigger the problem, the more they want to escape. So I don't see the entertainment industry going down from this, and if it does then we should all be more worried than we are - because that will only happen if we're worse off than we were during the Great Depression.

Well seeing how things usually go, Disney will buy NetherRealm, make a Marvel fighting game with them and make billions. Maybe Superman will get an iOS game someday (facepalm).
    I don't see Disney wanting NetherRealm just for a Marvel fighting game. They don't want Mortal Kombat and I don't think they think that deeply about the gaming side to make an acquisition like that (PS4 Spider-Man was all Sony).

Damn it! This would be horrible. No more Injustice and no hope of getting a good DC game for the foreseeable future.

Nope. Disney sold off all their video game companies as well and just license off their properties. I can see WB/AT&T doing the same with DC, Harry Potter, Mortal Kombat...etc. The sale wouldn’t come with the character licenses btw, only the gaming studio.