Page 243 of 693 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Disagree - look at the Great Depression. Despite economic hardships the movie industry thrived. Why? Because people turn to entertainment more when things are bad. People need their escapism most during the hard times. You didn't see entertainment stagnate during the recession either. People may not have much money, but they will gladly spend some of that just to forget their problems for a while - the more or bigger the problem, the more they want to escape. So I don't see the entertainment industry going down from this, and if it does then we should all be more worried than we are - because that will only happen if we're worse off than we were during the Great Depression.
    The reason we are in this situation in the first place is because we refuse to face reality and tried to escape instead. This isn't going to work forever and I feel that some people started to realize that with everything going on this year and social media working as double edged sword.

Entertainment industry was a tool used by governments to distract us or push whatever propaganda they want down our throats. As much as I consumed (and enjoyed) it, I think it's time to let go of it and I truly believe that it's in its last legs. Time will tell anyway and change is coming whether we like it or not.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    The reason we are in this situation in the first place is because we refuse to face reality and tried to escape instead. This isn't going to work forever and I feel that some people started to realize that with everything going on this year and social media working as double edged sword.

Entertainment industry was a tool used by governments to distract us or push whatever propaganda they want down our throats. As much as I consumed (and enjoyed) it, I think it's time to let go of it and I truly believe that it's in its last legs. Time will tell anyway and change is coming whether we like it or not.
    We're not in this situation because we tried to escape reality through entertainment, we're here because of a global pandemic and our politicians making the wrong decisions (the Chinese keeping the numbers and spread secret, Trump believing conspiracy theories over science about the virus, etc.). Nothing you can lay on the feet of people playing videogames.

And the entertainment industry wasn't a propaganda tool, least not here in the US - not unless you count the news cycle and Twitter/Facebook conspiracies the entertainment industry. Time will tell anyways, and change in movies and videogames isn't coming whether we like it or not.

WB to host first ever DC FanDome on 8/22, "an unprecedented, 24-hour global event featuring the largest virtual gathering of talent announcements and content reveals in the history of DC."
    Event to include DC Films, TV, Games, Comics, casts, creators & more.
    https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status...76600829390850
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

This should be interesting to watch play out...hopefully we get a lot of news on all things DC .

When are we getting our Justice Tots spinoff with Jon, Damian, Amistad, Arthur and Karens daughter
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

So Batman and Deathstroke, one more movie to go. Who will it be I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So Batman and Deathstroke, one more movie to go. Who will it be I wonder?
    Oh no, this is completely separate from the Animated Feature line. It's spinning off from a CWSeed cartoon. This is like Constantine: City of Demons.

That’s awesome! I saw one part of this story that they originally did for CW Seed and I loved it. Cool that they’re expanding it to an 87 minute feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wonder what their take on the Brotherhood of Evil might be like.

DC and Spotify team up to create original narrative podcasts based on DC characters

Seems like a modern update on stuff like old radio shows or audio dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    DC and Spotify team up to create original narrative podcasts based on DC characters

Nice hopefully all the JL members will get their own podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post

DC and Marvel seem to be doing a lot of audio-stuff lately, although I've never been quite sure which are worth checking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nice hopefully all the JL members will get their own podcast.
    Could be interesting though JL members having a podcast almost makes expect to hear something like Superman plugging Audible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    DC and Marvel seem to be doing a lot of audio-stuff lately, although I've never been quite sure which are worth checking out.
    I haven't followed what they've been doing but this sounds interesting, maybe they could try adapting famous stories.