Page 244 of 695 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 10424
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Could be interesting though JL members having a podcast almost makes expect to hear something like Superman plugging Audible.

I haven't followed what they've been doing but this sounds interesting, maybe they could try adapting famous stories.
    There’s a lot of detective stories that feel like natural fits for an audio drama, or stories that could be modified into thrillers and such to compensate for the loss of visualization that audio dramas usually compensate for with twists and reveals. Audio drama is usually pretty heavy on monologues, expositional dialogue, and reporting and recall style storytelling.

Paul Dini’s Detective Comics and Streets of Gotham runs would be natural fits for the product, particularly with stuff like Joker’s reveal as the magician competing with Zatana, Abuse turning out to be Colin the kid, and Hush’s frequent retellings of his backstory.

Tower of Babel could work with the right take on its reveals and moments.

Geoff Johns’s Rogue Profiles would supply good work.

And I suppose a particualrly ambitious project could be something like Kingdom Come...
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Injustice Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition is free. Spread the word because this is going under the radar for some reason.

inju.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Injustice Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition is free. Spread the word because this is going under the radar for some reason.

inju.jpg
    I know things with WB and their games is complicated, but I'm still counting on an Injustice 3 reveal soon...

I had a weird dream that might be of interest here. So in my dream I was watching a movie in the theater, and the movie was set in the CW DC universe (impossible, I know those versions of the characters will never be on the big screen). And what happened is Brainiac was trying to bottle Central City, but all the heros managed to defeat him and drive him away from Earth - however not before the city was shrunk most of the way to bottling size, along with everyone in the city including Flash and every other speedster like Wally. So Superman and Supergirl go to space to track Brainiac down in a bid to find a way to regrow the city. However everyone back on earth decides the solution is to time travel and stop Brainiac before he shrinks Central City, and for some reason my subconscious mind didn't supply the Legends couldn't do it. And since the Speedsters can't reach enough speed at Thumbalina height, the plan is to speed boost the Supers, but they have to be found in space. Then the movie ended on a to be continued and about a minute later I woke up.

For something my subconscious threw together, actually not a bad plot.

Rocksteady working on a Suicide Squad game possibly titled “Suicide Squad kills the Justice League”.

https://www.gamesradar.com/rockstead...de-squad-game/

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Rocksteady working on a Suicide Squad game possibly titled “Suicide Squad kills the Justice League”.

If this is how Rockstead introduces the wider DCU into the Arkhamverse...it would be a surprise .

I’m actually a bit surprised by the Suicide Squad game, not the Batman one they’ve wanted to make that for years to keep that series going (I for one though love those games). I’m interested to see what kind of game it will turn out to be, because I always thought if there was a Suicide Squad game it would either have to be a strategy game with permadeath like XCOM or third person action squad game like Mass Effect or Dragon Age.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I had a weird dream that might be of interest here. So in my dream I was watching a movie in the theater, and the movie was set in the CW DC universe (impossible, I know those versions of the characters will never be on the big screen). And what happened is Brainiac was trying to bottle Central City, but all the heros managed to defeat him and drive him away from Earth - however not before the city was shrunk most of the way to bottling size, along with everyone in the city including Flash and every other speedster like Wally. So Superman and Supergirl go to space to track Brainiac down in a bid to find a way to regrow the city. However everyone back on earth decides the solution is to time travel and stop Brainiac before he shrinks Central City, and for some reason my subconscious mind didn't supply the Legends couldn't do it. And since the Speedsters can't reach enough speed at Thumbalina height, the plan is to speed boost the Supers, but they have to be found in space. Then the movie ended on a to be continued and about a minute later I woke up.

For something my subconscious threw together, actually not a bad plot.
    Haha, nice

Ooo..interesting. I wonder what type of game it will be...NeatherRealm style? Arkham style? Mass Effect style would be cool..where you get to recruit teammates and do missions for them.
    Last edited by Triple J; 06-22-2020 at 10:45 AM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    Ooo..interesting. I wonder what type of game it will be...NeatherRealm style? Arkham style? Mass Effect style would be cool..where you get to recruit teammates and do missions for them.
    It's Rocksteady, so I have to assume the gameplay will have some basis in the Arkham games.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's Rocksteady, so I have to assume the gameplay will have some basis in the Arkham games.
    I don’t know about that, I remember reading that they were looking for concept artists to design guns, which to me says it will probably be a shooter at its core.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t know about that, I remember reading that they were looking for concept artists to design guns, which to me says it will probably be a shooter at its core.
    Not necessarily - a Suicide Squad game would need plenty of guns without having to be just a shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Looks like it might be the best Superman movie yet.

This looks awesome. Story beats remind me of Earth One supes. Also wasn't expecting MM
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

This looks like a good Superman origin story .

I'm also happy to see Martian Manhunter play a big role. He looks great .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not necessarily - a Suicide Squad game would need plenty of guns without having to be just a shooter.
    I'm not sure how playable the actual Squad will be, but you'd probably have to work out projectile functions between Deadshot, Boomerang, and maybe Harley.
    Looks like it might be the best Superman movie yet.
    It's kind of funny to think Superman's films in this line have had more consistency in quality then the Batman films have as of late.