Page 253 of 695 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 10425
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I only remember Jakeem having a grandmother, if I recall correctly.
    He does have a father and younger brother-who don't know about him. He met them in an issue of JSA.

I want to say there is another person he lives with but I have to find those JSA Classified issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Guy is married and has a child??? Wow never saw that coming. IT BETTER BE ICE!
    I want it to be ice, but I think it'll probably be either a "normal" girl or an OC so they don't have these expectations of another, non-GL, Superhero in the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    He does have a father and younger brother-who don't know about him. He met them in an issue of JSA.

I want to say there is another person he lives with but I have to find those JSA Classified issues.
    I think I remember that issue now, where he found out his dad had another family and didn't know about him.

You know I have been thinking about the Stargirl show more and I think if they were ever to introduce a speedster after losing Jay with the rest of the JSA I think I would want it to be one of the Quicks (Johnny, Jesse, or heck if Yara is getting a show why not Jess from earth-11). I think it would be a nice twist if we introduced a superhero who was saying the speed formula as they run, of course then I assume that would cause some fun shenanigans if they ever crossover with the Flash show.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I want it to be ice, but I think it'll probably be either a "normal" girl or an OC so they don't have these expectations of another, non-GL, Superhero in the show.

I think I remember that issue now, where he found out his dad had another family and didn't know about him.
    It was the issue with Hourman's kid. JSA 38 (need to find that issue I know I have it)

He met his Dad, Step mom (JENNIFER) and half brother. He does have 2 aunts. HIs granny was dead and he had another unnamed brother

JSA Classified 28 was Jakeem solo story

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I only say it because Cindy’s black friend was named Jennifer Williams.

Obviously, Williams is a common surname, and there are other black people in Blue Valley.

But it seems too much of a coincidence.
    That is his step mother's name in the comic.

Well this would explain why they would be looking for new shows like Painkiller or Wondergirl, after Supergirl Black Lightning is coming to an end next season as well.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...fourth-season/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well this would explain why they would be looking for new shows like Painkiller or Wondergirl, after Supergirl Black Lightning is coming to an end next season as well.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...fourth-season/
    I’m so confused... was Black Lightning doing poorly? If so, I don’t know how the expect a Painkiller spinoff to do any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m so confused... was Black Lightning doing poorly? If so, I don’t know how the expect a Painkiller spinoff to do any better.
    I mean its possible just like with the cast of Supergirl that they were just done and wanted to move on from the role, this is only just the announcement after all.
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

In terms of 1.09 viewership last season after 1.44 in season 2. How it got to a 3rd season let alone 4th seems suspect.

Let me 1.09 viewers in perspective.

Some networks would go NUTS if they had a show average 1.09 or 1.44.

If IFC had this show-it would be it's highest rated show. It's biggest hit Portlandia went 8 years and couldn't sniff 1.09 and it won an Emmy.

That is not even good for Cartoon Network. Adult Swim on the other hand-YES.

A Static Shock rerun could get you more viewers.

I would have spun off the daughters.

And I would SUSPECT this is being done so Star Girl more than Painkiller can get a spot on the CW. I think the WG and Painkiller stuff is being done for show.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean its possible just like with the cast of Supergirl that they were just done and wanted to move on from the role, this is only just the announcement after all.
    More seasons higher the costs. You got 6 years. That is good enough for syndication.

Black Lightning does not have enough for that. A 5th season would have done that. Remember you got allegations on one of the producers and the youngest daughter-has a show she can fall back on with Tyler Perry.

This smells like a cost cutting thing due to that 150 billion debt At&T has.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    In terms of 1.09 viewership last season after 1.44 in season 2. How it got to a 3rd season let alone 4th seems suspect.

Let me 1.09 viewers in perspective.

Some networks would go NUTS if they had a show average 1.09 or 1.44.

If IFC had this show-it would be it's highest rated show. It's biggest hit Portlandia went 8 years and couldn't sniff 1.09 and it won an Emmy.

That is not even good for Cartoon Network. Adult Swim on the other hand-YES.

A Static Shock rerun could get you more viewers.

I would have spun off the daughters.

And I would SUSPECT this is being done so Star Girl more than Painkiller can get a spot on the CW. I think the WG and Painkiller stuff is being done for show.
    But doesn't CW get away with low viewers than any other network?

Extraordinary Member

It’s a shame we didn’t get a Black Lightning ongoing comic while the show was out.

Extraordinary Member

IIRC, it was the lowest rated of the Arrowverse shows. Personally, I'd expect a Painkiller series, and for that matter Wondergirl to do worse. Meanwhile, I guess CW Justice League meetings are going to be lonely... Let's see, Flash, Superman, J'ohn?, anyone else left? And honestly, I would have spun Diggle off into a GL show, whether HBO Max, or CW rather than spend on those other two new shows.
    Last edited by achilles; 11-20-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    IIRC, it was the lowest rated of the Arrowverse shows. Personally, I'd expect a Painkiller series, and for that matter Wondergirl to do worse. Meanwhile, I guess CW Justice League meetings are going to be lonely... Let's see, Flash, Superman, J'ohn?, anyone else left? And honestly, I would have spun Diggle off into a GL show, whether HBO Max, or CW rather than spend on those other two new shows.
    Well, I'm hoping HBOMax will give them the budget they need to do a GL show justice.

Extraordinary Member

And show that debuted before 2019 still get sent to Netflix. It’s in Warner’s best interest to end all shows on the cw under that field. All show forward from that like Batwoman and stargirl end up on HBOMAX after a season is completed