Page 256 of 695 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266306356 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Given how stereotypical Simon's original backstory was, that may not be a bad idea.

Although him being a fan of superheroes before becoming one might be too similar to Kamala Khan.
    Superhero fan boy becoming a superhero has been around for a long time dating all the way back to Jimmy Olsen and Marvel's Rick Jones. That trope isn't going to wear it self out any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Superhero fan boy becoming a superhero has been around for a long time dating all the way back to Jimmy Olsen and Marvel's Rick Jones. That trope isn't going to wear it self out any time soon.
    Yeah... I'll definitely take a fanboy getting powers over the OTHER extreme trope that is a jaded cynic who 'ain't gonna wear no stupid tights or wouldn't be caught dead in a cape or costume...."

That's the trope i want to see die. Superheroes that are ashamed of being superheroes...

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Barry Allan is the king of the comic book nerd becoming a superhero trope. Literally reading an issue of The Flash in his first appearance and names himself after his favorite superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Yeah... I'll definitely take a fanboy getting powers over the OTHER extreme trope that is a jaded cynic who 'ain't gonna wear no stupid tights or wouldn't be caught dead in a cape or costume...."

That's the trope i want to see die. Superheroes that are ashamed of being superheroes...
    I think we are well past superheroes-ashamed-of-being-superheroes phase but the reluctant hero is still a powerful archetype which I don't see them ditching soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Barry Allan is the king of the comic book nerd becoming a superhero trope. Literally reading an issue of The Flash in his first appearance and names himself after his favorite superhero.
    Him too.

Superheroes ashamed to be superheroes isn't ubiquitous enough to be considered a trend that needs to die.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You got it .
    Glad to hear about GLTAS.

Does anybody think we might a Young Justice live action adaptation on the CW or is that just me ...I'm just looking at Legends and thinking the show might not last another season.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Does anybody think we might a Young Justice live action adaptation on the CW or is that just me ...I'm just looking at Legends and thinking the show might not last another season.
    I have no idea what might replace it, but I think you're correct; Legends seems to have run its course. And IIRC, ratings aren't all that great either.

Doubt it, Titans is their young teen team show. Maybe a JSA show now that Stargirl is joining the CW?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Doubt it, Titans is their young teen team show. Maybe a JSA show now that Stargirl is joining the CW?
    Stargirl is already a JSA show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Stargirl is already a JSA show.
    Yeah, to a degree, but it also has a bit of a Infinity Inc. in it. Since it's basically just the younger ones plus Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, to a degree, but it also has a bit of a Infinity Inc. in it. Since it's basically just the younger ones plus Pat.
    True, but they call Courtney and the new kids the new JSA (probabbly because it's more marketable than Infinity Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I have no idea what might replace it, but I think you're correct; Legends seems to have run its course. And IIRC, ratings aren't all that great either.
    Yeah idk what could replace Legends but I do think they'd want another team show, and outside of Batwoman, the new superhero shows in development are focused on younger heroes ...obviously not Lois & Clark but they have 2 teens sons who could potentially spin-off on a YJ show.

And before The Flash ends, they could introduce Impulse somehow.

Everything is kind of aligning and pointing to a young hero generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Titans comes on HBO Max, this would be on the CW, and it's not like Titans and YJ haven't existed at the same time together in the comics, so what's stopping DC/WB from doing the same in live action especially when the two shows would come on different networks/services.

And while Titans has young actors, it doesn't skew young, the CW on the other hand would with Young Justice b/c they thrive on teen centered shows ...well before superheroes came along.

Also, JSA already essentially exists, Stargirl is a secret JSA show, she is building up a JSA team in the series.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member

Doubtful.

But yeah. LoT only has probably one more season.

Yeah idk what could replace Legends but I do think they'd want another team show, and outside of Batwoman, the new superhero shows in development are focused on younger heroes ...obviously not Lois & Clark but they have 2 teens sons who could potentially spin-off on a YJ show.

And before The Flash ends, they could introduce Impulse somehow.

Everything is kind of aligning and pointing to a young hero generation.

Titans comes on HBO Max, this would be on the CW, and it's not like Titans and YJ haven't existed at the same time together in the comics, so what's stopping DC/WB from doing the same in live action especially when the two shows would come on different networks/services.

And while Titans has young actors, it doesn't skew young, the CW on the other hand would with Young Justice b/c they thrive on teen centered shows ...well before superheroes came along.

Also, JSA already essentially exists, Stargirl is a secret JSA show, she is building up a JSA team in the series.
    Considering how they've been writing out the characters with more expensive powers on Legends and scaling the show back, I don't think the CW is in a rush for another superpower heavy team show.