Page 267 of 695 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 10418

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Yeah, early days of Superman and Batman in Man of Tomorrow and Long Halloween, and Justice Society probably is more about Diana and Barry, also we'll have Aquaman there. They're clearly setting up new continuity.
    Wonder if they brought in Barry so they could have him bring Diana (and possibly Arthur) to the present timeline so they can avoid the question of 'what was Diana doing between WW2 and the present day'?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wonder if they brought in Barry so they could have him bring Diana (and possibly Arthur) to the present timeline so they can avoid the question of 'what was Diana doing between WW2 and the present day'?
    Or they'll make a connection to Apokolips War through Barry.
    But in the case of Diana, by the way, it is likely that this is exactly what will happen. Not sure about Arthur.

I think that old universe is done now and they won't be referencing it beyond the vaguest term in this new universe.

Or Barry's efforts in the past make Diana and Aquaman present-day heroes in his time.

Why would that be necessary? On Young Justice Diana has been around since WWII.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Three “origin” movies starring the Trinity each, all in the same art style? Yeah they’re definitely building up to a reveal these all take place in the same continuity.
    I hope not. I'm hoping it's just a pet art style and nothing more.

Give the shared movie continuity a little break at least!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't have a problem with Nora but I think she was growing more contentious with the fandom as her season went along.
    She was? Why?
    Jensen Ackles starts as a Robin and lives long enough to play Batman .
    Technically he never voiced Robin. Went straight to adult Red Hood.

Oh they are totally stealthing into another shared universe.

The art style is the same as the one they got for the Superman movie and the JSA movie.

I don't mind it. This is how you are supposed to set up a shared universe anyway. No muss, no fuss, just solid, standalone movies, with connective elements and if they work out, you can cross them over.
    Ugh. Fine. Maybe it won't be terrible like the last shared universe. Because, and I know that continuity has it's fans, but dear lord it stunk to high hell on ice! It was so, so bad. Irredeemably so! It was awful! From JL War to JLD Apokolips War it was g-damned awful!

Venting over...

Also, one mistake they're apparently remaking for the new universe, if that's what this is - What the ever living hell is with this belief that every single entry in a shared universe must always share the same art style? The comics are in the same universe, and yet they get different art styles! Damn it WB animation, continuity is a story decision not an art one!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I hope not. I'm hoping it's just a pet art style and nothing more.
    It's probably easy from a production standpoint to keep a similar art style when working on multiple films.

It's why Bourassa's style was used as much as it was.
    She was? Why?
    Her characterization and role in the plot.
    Technically he never voiced Robin. Went straight to adult Red Hood.
    Yeah, but he still had a Robin domino mask .

I guess it's like VA's who just voiced Nightwing without necessarily voicing Robin, but still in that same vein.

Interesting that they’re still using the Catwoman VA even though she passed away. They’ll have to recast if they want to use Catwoman again anyway so I’m kind of surprised they didn’t do so here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Interesting that they’re still using the Catwoman VA even though she passed away. They’ll have to recast if they want to use Catwoman again anyway so I’m kind of surprised they didn’t do so here.
    I guess it depends on if they adapt Dark Victory, but one could say it would be seen as disrespectful for them to not use her lines if she fully recorded for both movies.

When we had to pitch to DC storylines we were going to produce for the DC Animated Universe -- obviously, we've got to do Batman which we ended up doing as The Long Halloween and we restarted a new version of Superman -- this came about because I wanted to do a World War II story with Wonder Woman, because I initially had a pitch with DC Access to do a Wonder Woman series based in World War II," Lukic tells CBR.
    Yeah sure sounds like my analysis of these three being “origin” stories for the new shared universe version of the Trinity was correct. I’m betting the first JL movie that unites all these takes will have them fight Brainiac since he was on the spine. Either that or he’s the planned foe for the next Superman movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I mean, they used West’s recordings for Batman vs. Two-Face even though he died about a year before it was released.

Yeah sure sounds like my analysis of these three being “origin” stories for the new shared universe version of the Trinity was correct. I’m betting the first JL movie that unites all these takes will have them fight Brainiac since he was on the spine. Either that or he’s the planned foe for the next Superman movie.
    Yeah, I've seen a few "new DC Animated Universe" comments in regards to the press for the latest movie.

I don't know if we'll for sure get a Justice League movie with these versions of the heroes (we have all the Big Seven covered save for GL) but I also think we'll be sticking with these versions for any film produced by Butch Lukic.

Hawkgirl is also on the spine for JSA: WWII, but Shayera's apparently only mentioned by Hawkman.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I mean, they used West’s recordings for Batman vs. Two-Face even though he died about a year before it was released.
    Right but with West’s passing they didn’t plan to make any sequels using that version of the character. It was fine to use him because that was the end. It looks like they do plan to continue using the versions established here, so they’ll have to recast or not use Catwoman (which is unlikely).

Young Justice Season 4 Has 9 Episodes Finished & More In The Works

https://screenrant.com/young-justice...isodes-update/