Page 270 of 693 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They gave Catwoman Joelle’s costume, which was probably the right choice. If they’re not going to emulate Sale’s style then I doubt his Catwoman design would look good.
    Minus the exposed underarms, of course .

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Can't wait to see all of these characters slaughtered and their entire world destroyed!
    It's better to burn out than to fade away.

Man, I forget sometimes how much Carmine Falcone is just Marlon Brando from The Godfather.

Looks pretty good. Though not a big fan of short fat Grundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Man, I forget sometimes how much Carmine Falcone is just Marlon Brando from The Godfather.
    Well, if you're going to be a tribute to the mafia, you may as well go with the best .

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Well they’re introducing the multiverse and we’ve seen from the trailers that Superman and Wonder Woman merchandise exists in that world. They could be comic characters in that world though but the multiverse concept lends itself to Pattinson jumping worlds for team ups! Also I hope to god it’s not another Nolan type of take! I need my outlandish villains to appear, especially Poison Ivy!
    Not necessarily. I think the multiverse isn't to lend itself to more team ups, but more solos. Basically the multiverse seems like a tool to take characters that don't fit as easily into the DCEU, or who they messed up too badly in the DCEU, and try them again Elsewhere without having to ditch the DCEU entirely. It's less about Pattinson Batman getting to be on the next Justice League, and more allowing Pattinson's Batman to exist in spite of their JLA plans and insulated from it.

And you can get a certain degree of outlandishness from a Nolan take. But it definitely from the teaser trailer and interviews seems like they're going for a more grounded type take, which is my preference for right now after getting the more comic booky stuff in other films. But while I hope it is another Nolan type take, you shouldn't have to fret or be too against it - aren't you already forgetting the multiverse concept you just typed? Poison Ivy and other outlandish villains can still menace Affleck's Batman, Keaton's Batman, or whoever they get to play Batgirl. That's the beauty of the multiverse - The Batman can be a grounded Nolan type take like I hope it will be, and you can still see one out of possibly two Batmen whack plant monsters with batarangs like they're cutting weeds. We can both wind up happy if WB plays it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I stated my reasons. Quite a few times.

Imagine that they did end this Justice Society movie with the entire justice society gunned down by soldiers and then the Flash returns to a future in which no other life exists and he dies of radiation poisoning. How satisfying of an ending would that be? How inclined would you be to check out any future movies made by the same people? Would you have spent quite as much time arguing with me for being unhappy with it as you've been doing so far?

That's for a single two hour movie. But getting invested for 7 years? For that ending?
    That's why Flash ran. He rebooted the universe. That earth, like Flashpoint's, no longer happened. He ran to undo that ending.
    And saying every movie should end in "and everyone dies" as snark to express anger over it isn't going to change it.

I know that I've made it clear that I hated that earth, and that ending actually pleased me because I had wanted that world to die for 7 years (it's not nice, but it's true and it wouldn't be right me discussing this and not being up front that yeah, I liked that ending because I really wasn't a fan of that continuity - but despite that I want to try and be sympathetic from a less biased position). But I do get how people who were fans of it would be upset. But I don't think it was quite that bad though. There were survivors, there was life left. Not much, but there was. And they told Barry to go back and reset things. I mean, it might be a small comfort, but it really could have actually ended with no life, everyone actually dead, even Barry. There were worse ways it could have ended. This way? There was clearly the intent to make this world so bad it needed to be rebooted - but still a note of hope because it could be rebooted, that there could be a world that is better. Honestly, that's not so bad compared to some ways it could have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    The animation looks good but the style is one I could do without. It’s not bad or anything but I really wish they tried to emulate Sale’s style.
    I do miss when there was an attempt to try and adapt the art styles along with the stories. This looks okay, but it could've looked better.
    They gave Catwoman Joelle’s costume, which was probably the right choice. If they’re not going to emulate Sale’s style then I doubt his Catwoman design would look good.
    I'm not sure his Catwoman design looked good even in his style.

I think Tim Sale's art would've been hard to adapt to begin with, but I think it looks solid as is.

If anything I'm reminded more of like Lee Weeks' prototype Catwoman costume from Tom King's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Tim Sale's art would've been hard to adapt to begin with, but I think it looks solid as is.

If anything I'm reminded more of like Lee Weeks' prototype Catwoman costume from Tom King's run.
    They figured out how to adapt Bolland's art, they could have figured out Sale's if they tried. I'm not saying it's bad art, and you're free to like it, it's just not what I wanted to see, and I don't really think there's anything that special or great about this style.

But yeah, the Catwoman costume is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    They figured out how to adapt Bolland's art, they could have figured out Sale's if they tried. I'm not saying it's bad art, and you're free to like it, it's just not what I wanted to see, and I don't really think there's anything that special or great about this style.

Did they? I thought TKJ looked nothing like Bolland’s style.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Did they? I thought TKJ looked nothing like Bolland’s style.
    I thought it looked as close as you could reasonably get and not devolve to motion comic animation, but of course your mileage may vary on that one.
    Point is, they tried.

I agree with the sense that I don't think they adapted Bolland's art that much. The attempt was there, but I don't think it was any more successful than an attempt to adapt Sale's art.

I did like how Sale drew Selina's 90's costume...although she looks good here .

Astonishing Member

I thought it looked as close as you could reasonably get and not devolve to motion comic animation, but of course your mileage may vary on that one.
    Point is, they tried.
    In the case of the TKJ, Bolland’s art style is so realistic and detailed that I don’t think you could properly replicate that in 2D animation, especially on a direct to video budget. Sale’s art, by contrast, I think would be easier to do in animation as its much more stylized. I think the New Frontier adaption did a very successful job translating the late, great, Dwaryne Cooke’s style to animation. Sale and Cooke have different styles, obviously, but I think New Frontier mimicking Cooke’s style is a much better point of comparison to drive home your point.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 04-07-2021 at 08:12 AM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I don’t see Sale’s art being that hard to translate to animation, personally.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    In the case of the TKJ, Bolland’s art style is so realistic and detailed that I don’t think you could properly replicate that in 2D animation, especially on a direct to video budget. Sale’s art, by contrast, I think would be easier to do in animation as its much more stylized. I think the New Frontier adaption did a very successful job translating the late, great, Dwaryne Cooke’s style to animation. Sale and Cooke have different styles, obviously, but I think New Frontier mimicking Cooke’s style is a much better point of comparison to drive home your point.
    Makes sense to me. Definitely would have greatly preferred an attempt to at least try and adapt Sale's style to this more generic "in universe" style they've chosen. Which, if nothing else, is one argument as to why this should never have been done as part of a shared universe (because somehow a shared universe can't ever have different art styles, despite the fact that the comics have been doing just that forever).