Page 271 of 695 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I don’t see Sale’s art being that hard to translate to animation, personally.
    It depends how they'd go about it. I guess if they could capture a really retro, stylized, animation design for like older cartoons it might have helped them capture Sale's art but Sale's art is so stylized and distinctive that I don't think it would've been easy to pull off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Makes sense to me. Definitely would have greatly preferred an attempt to at least try and adapt Sale's style to this more generic "in universe" style they've chosen. Which, if nothing else, is one argument as to why this should never have been done as part of a shared universe (because somehow a shared universe can't ever have different art styles, despite the fact that the comics have been doing just that forever).
    On the other hand one could argue that the found an art style that can capture the spirit and tone of the story, proving it's versatility and usefullness, but I guess art is extremely subjective .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It depends how they'd go about it. I guess if they could capture a really retro, stylized, animation design for like older cartoons it might have helped them capture Sale's art but Sale's art is so stylized and distinctive that I don't think it would've been easy to pull off.

On the other hand one could argue that the found an art style that can capture the spirit and tone of the story, proving it's versatility and usefullness, but I guess art is extremely subjective .
    Eye of the beholder. I just see a style that works, but doesn't wow. It's not bad enough to detract from whatever they want to do, but it'll never elevate anything either. It simply just is. But again, art is subjective.

And I still would like it better if they made an honest attempt at capturing Sale's artwork, but they didn't try, and there's not a comforting way to spin that I think.

Also just want to say Fronteir, I don't mean to be combative and I apologize if I seem too moody (I'm more just indifferent at this point). It's just that, while you're trying to be positive and look forward to things, and you're obviously coming from a better place because you really liked what the last team did, I'm coming in from the perspective of a fan who just endured some of their favorite properties going into a dark, dark, dark time where the quality was at an all time low. It's like telling an old school Transformers fan in the middle of the worst Micheal Bay film "Hey, maybe his next film will finally be the film you want!" I can't be won over until I actually see this movie and it turns out to actually be great (I'm fearing the worst and hoping for just "fine" right now). If they take my favorite Batman story of all time and merely just make it as "it's okay" and forgettable as Man of Tomorrow, I'll consider it a victory. I mean, I should be hoping for a smash hit home run like Year One and Dark Knight Returns and demanding nothing less, but "forgettable one off" would be a comforting victory for me. That's how far apart we are coming out of the last team's run of movie for the past half decade. It's just going to take a lot of success to turn me around to where I can be as optimistic about these movies as I used to be. There's a level of trust they have to earn from me, I can't just hand it out.

I hope this movie is on the level of my favorite Batman movies. I want them to prove me wrong and show that I'm worried for nothing. I downright pray that they're a huge improvement over the old Tucker team. But the best I can manage right now is just caution.

Either way, at least I have an excuse to reread TLH again.

Cooke worked on DCAU projects prior to working on New Frontier. So his style was easier to animate because it was already something close to what they normally do.

Sales style could be animated but it's clear that they don't have the budget or the man power to do it. Just compare the quality of animation on this and their earlier animated stuff. Its not as fluid or as high quality as those.

Also just want to say Fronteir, I don't mean to be combative and I apologize if I seem too moody (I'm more just indifferent at this point). It's just that, while you're trying to be positive and look forward to things, and you're obviously coming from a better place because you really liked what the last team did, I'm coming in from the perspective of a fan who just endured some of their favorite properties going into a dark, dark, dark time where the quality was at an all time low. It's like telling an old school Transformers fan in the middle of the worst Micheal Bay film "Hey, maybe his next film will finally be the film you want!" I can't be won over until I actually see this movie and it turns out to actually be great (I'm fearing the worst and hoping for just "fine" right now). If they take my favorite Batman story of all time and merely just make it as "it's okay" and forgettable as Man of Tomorrow, I'll consider it a victory. I mean, I should be hoping for a smash hit home run like Year One and Dark Knight Returns and demanding nothing less, but "forgettable one off" would be a comforting victory for me. That's how far apart we are coming out of the last team's run of movie for the past half decade. It's just going to take a lot of success to turn me around to where I can be as optimistic about these movies as I used to be. There's a level of trust they have to earn from me, I can't just hand it out.

I hope this movie is on the level of my favorite Batman movies. I want them to prove me wrong and show that I'm worried for nothing. I downright pray that they're a huge improvement over the old Tucker team. But the best I can manage right now is just caution.

Either way, at least I have an excuse to reread TLH again.
    I'm hoping it's good too .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Cooke worked on DCAU projects prior to working on New Frontier. So his style was easier to animate because it was already something close to what they normally do.

Sales style could be animated but it's clear that they don't have the budget or the man power to do it. Just compare the quality of animation on this and their earlier animated stuff. Its not as fluid or as high quality as those.
    Specifically you can contrast how well they mimicked the McGuiness and Turner styles for the Superman/Batman movies, and then compare with their attempt at aping Bolland and it’s clear their budget isn’t what it used to be. I thought the animation in Man of Tomorrow was pretty good, but damn did the DCAMU movies get choppy at times.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't know why they don't budget these movies better considering how popular their animations are.
    Always trying to chip away those margins, greedy corporate goons...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Specifically you can contrast how well they mimicked the McGuiness and Turner styles for the Superman/Batman movies, and then compare with their attempt at aping Bolland and it’s clear their budget isn’t what it used to be. I thought the animation in Man of Tomorrow was pretty good, but damn did the DCAMU movies get choppy at times.
    With the DCAMU it can be on a movie-by-movie basis.

Like Reign of the Supermen and Wonder Woman Bloodlines both looked much better than Hush did, and they were all within the same year.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    With the DCAMU it can be on a movie-by-movie basis.

Like Reign of the Supermen and Wonder Woman Bloodlines both looked much better than Hush did, and they were all within the same year.
    This is one of the most popular and important Batman stories ever - this better not be the one they choose to lowball the budget on.

This is one of the most popular and important Batman stories ever - this better not be the one they choose to lowball the budget on.
    I mean, I think it looked fine in the trailer, but I'm usually not a good judge of that kind of stuff.

Besides AT&T being in debt, there is a reason why so many of their movies have had a low budget recently:

Book1-1.jpg

Besides AT&T being in debt, there is a reason why so many of their movies have had a low budget recently:

Book1-1.jpg
    Is the lower budget a result of the movies not selling as well, or are the movies not selling as well because of the lower budgets?

Book1-1.jpg
    Is this comparing film sales for the same period of time or lifetime sales?

As in, are these sales for the first year or two of these films being available or sales for these films from the release date through the time of the figures?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Is this comparing film sales for the same period of time or lifetime sales?

As in, are these sales for the first year or two of these films being available or sales for these films from the release date through the time of the figures?
    I got the figures from here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_U...riginal_Movies

This is the source for their numbers: https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Su...ab=video-sales

And here is information on the site that compiles those numbers: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Numbers_(website)

So it looks like part of the reason the newer ones have lower sales figures is because they haven’t been for sale as long