Page 277 of 693 FirstFirst ... 177227267273274275276277278279280281287327377 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,155 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    According to YouTuber Grace Randolph, there are a bunch of animated movies (all part of the new universe?) that have not just been developed but also completed entirely in secrecy. If true, wonder when they will announce these.
    Isn't she notoriously unreliable? And also that makes no sense

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like WB may be ending their practice of releasing Blu-rays/physical copies of their animated stuff. I don’t know this guy but he apparently works with/for Warner Archives. I’m guessing WB wants to force you to subscribe to HBO MAX in order to get their animated stuff, which makes sense. Gotta get those subs up.
    Or buy them on itunes/vudu/whatever. I think that the internet has made the traditional physical media distribution methods obsolete anyways. Especially for TV shows. Why would anybody who had a choice go to the season set, find which disc the episode you want is on, put it into the DVD player, navigate the menu for the episode you want, then hit play when you could do the whole thing with the remote from sitting on your couch?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I belive she been right more times
    Then not

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Speaking of the animated side

Looks like WB may be ending their practice of releasing Blu-rays/physical copies of their animated stuff. I don’t know this guy but he apparently works with/for Warner Archives. I’m guessing WB wants to force you to subscribe to HBO MAX in order to get their animated stuff, which makes sense. Gotta get those subs up.

As for Grace: She’s full of crap and I don’t believe she has any inside sources, but I can see this specifically being true. We’ve heard about a The Long Halloween movie being in development for years, HBO Max needs lots of content and animated DC movies could help.
    Disney barely releases stuff on DVD any more, so this doesn't surprise me.

Animation usually takes around 2-3 years to make. I can see them rolling ideas for future projects but they probably won't announce them until their current slate has been released.

She, like many internet savants, makes a bunch of guesses based on information that's available to anybody and every now and then, she gets one right and the internet anoints her as an oracle. Not just her but this is how just about every click bait site that claims to have inside information works.

Doom Patrol Adds the Sisterhood of Dada and Dead Boy Detective Agency to Season 3

Comics fans will know the Brotherhood of Dada, a group of superpowered agents of mayhem (they’re not really evil, per se) who have clearly been renamed the Sisterhood of Dada even though they have the same members, because why the hell not? Here are the official cast and character descriptions:

“Micah Joe Parker will play Malcolm... He is a quiet, sensitive, and thoughtful soul who would often rather be invisible than face this unforgiving world.

“Wynn Everett will play Shelley Byron, a.k.a. The Fog... Supposedly a deadly terrorist, Shelley is charming, seductive, poetic, and a bit mad.

“Miles Mussenden will play Lloyd Jefferson a.k.a. Frenzy... A sculptor of strange life-like masks who is covered with tattoos and scars, the memories and injustices that immortalize his life, he is cryptic and stoic with a capacity for extreme devastation.

“Anita Kalathara will play Holly Mc Kenzie, a.k.a. Sleepwalk... A light-hearted ne’er do well, Holly knows where the best parties are. After a wild night of partying, she usually takes a nice long nap in the ice cream truck where she works, and if she is awoken mid-nap, there is hell to pay.

“Gina Hiraizumi will play Sachiko, a.k.a. The Quiz... She is an enigmatic germaphobe whose crippling phobias mask awe-inspiring powers.”
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/doom-patrol-...-de-1846751997

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Doom Patrol Adds the Sisterhood of Dada and Dead Boy Detective Agency to Season 3

https://io9.gizmodo.com/doom-patrol-...-de-1846751997
    Still waiting for the Brotherhood of Evil...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Still waiting for the Brotherhood of Evil...
    The Brain’s containment jar was in the background of the Mento episode and Mallah was referenced in a flashback. Hopefully they’re still around.

Sounds like the show runners are sticking with the Morrison era. That’s totally fine by me but I would like to see some of the crazy Silver Age villains show up.

Or buy them on itunes/vudu/whatever. I think that the internet has made the traditional physical media distribution methods obsolete anyways. Especially for TV shows. Why would anybody who had a choice go to the season set, find which disc the episode you want is on, put it into the DVD player, navigate the menu for the episode you want, then hit play when you could do the whole thing with the remote from sitting on your couch?
    Because you get to watch it when the internet's down, your speed is laggy and you want to see it in better quality, when you're not in the mood to subscribe to a particular streaming service, or when the execs decide to censor or delete something that's controversial, or they just aren't streaming that episode/series for whatever reason, just off the top of my head.

What do you do when you want to watch something but it's not available on the streaming service or the thing you wanted to watch has been altered in some way? Physical media is still important. Getting rid of them is just another way for them to keep you paying for their streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Because you get to watch it when the internet's down, your speed is laggy and you want to see it in better quality,
    I included the phrase "who had a choice" for a reason. You're describing situations in which there is no choice, not the same.

when you're not in the mood to subscribe to a particular streaming service,
    I have good news for you: You can buy digital copies of TV shows even when they're not on subscription services. Even ones that have been pulled from streaming services for being "controversial" (https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...eason-2/191027)

or when the execs decide to censor or delete something that's controversial,
    So situations that happen one in a million times and situations in which the show was never going to be released on dvd in the first place?

Yeah, they've certainly never changed or censored something when they released it on physical media or just decided never to release them in the first place before. We can just watch Song of the South on DVD or VHS, right?

or they just aren't streaming that episode/series for whatever reason, just off the top of my head.
    I've been a fan of far too many shows that got a first season DVD release and never got any seasons past that released only for them to have been available on itunes since the day they first aired, or for them to only become available once they come to a streaming service. The shows that never got a digital release usually never got a home media release either.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    What do you do when you want to watch something but it's not available on the streaming service or the thing you wanted to watch has been altered in some way?
    WHO HAD THE CHOICE. Physical media is a suboptimal at best way to experience TV shows, and no number of once in a million hypotheticals is going to change that. Seems much more likely that having a far superior way to view and purchase TV shows has made selling TV shows on DVDs unprofitable (as Jerry Beck said, even the branches that are considered profitable are basically drops in the bucket, making the practice as a whole unprofitable)

Physical media is still important. Getting rid of them is just another way for them to keep you paying for their streaming service.
    You know that you can buy products digitally now, right? You don't have to wait for something to be available on a streaming service just to watch a TV show digitally. It's been that way for more than a decade now.

I've long been a fan of shows that never got a DVD release or more than one. There's a few shows I'm a fan of that have gotten DVD releases but aren't available digitally anywhere (The Adventures of Pete and Pete, for example). And quite a few more that never got a DVD release at all (or only got one season, or had later seasons have large delays) It's still not a very good or attractive way to watch TV shows and most of the shows your arguments could apply to weren't getting home video releases in the first place.

I included the phrase "who had a choice" for a reason. You're describing situations in which there is no choice, not the same.
    Actually it is the same - if you don't own a physical copy, you literally don't have a choice. You're bound to the whims of your internet provider, financial situation, the streaming service, and the weather. You may not want to acknowledge it, but none of us really have a choice if the content is all on the cloud/online behind paywalls and executive decisions.

I have good news for you: You can buy digital copies of TV shows even when they're not on subscription services. Even ones that have been pulled from streaming services for being "controversial" (https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...eason-2/191027)
    That's good.

So situations that happen one in a million times and situations in which the show was never going to be released on dvd in the first place?
    It's happening more often than one in a million. Climate change is real, our power grid is vulnerable, cell towers vulnerable. Look how things froze over in Texas. But if you have a generator you can still power up a dvd player despite floods, earthquakes, power outages. And again, corporations are much more fickle than the weather.

Yeah, they've certainly never changed or censored something when they released it on physical media or just decided never to release them in the first place before. We can just watch Song of the South on DVD or VHS, right?
    Maybe not newer ones, but older discs/tapes probably. They can't censor a disc after it's been released.

I've been a fan of far too many shows that got a first season DVD release and never got any seasons past that released only for them to have been available on itunes since the day they first aired, or for them to only become available once they come to a streaming service. The shows that never got a digital release usually never got a home media release either.
    True. I'm not telling you that streaming is bad, I'm not arguing against streaming. I'm arguing that there are reasons why people might prefer physical media. You're assertion that nobody would like to have physical media if they can stream it instead just isn't true. I mean, people still buy physical books, CDs, and even vinyl tapes. In a world were vinyl records still exist, you think movies on physical discs are obsolete?

And again, sometimes your data just isn't high speed enough to make it look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Actually it is the same - if you don't own a physical copy, you literally don't have a choice. You're bound to the whims of your internet provider, financial situation, the streaming service, and the weather. You may not want to acknowledge it, but none of us really have a choice if the content is all on the cloud/online behind paywalls and executive decisions.

That's good.

It's happening more often than one in a million. Climate change is real, our power grid is vulnerable, cell towers vulnerable. Look how things froze over in Texas. But if you have a generator you can still power up a dvd player despite floods, earthquakes, power outages. And again, corporations are much more fickle than the weather.

Maybe not newer ones, but older discs/tapes probably. They can't censor a disc after it's been released.

True. I'm not telling you that streaming is bad, I'm not arguing against streaming. I'm arguing that there are reasons why people might prefer physical media. You're assertion that nobody would like to have physical media if they can stream it instead just isn't true. I mean, people still buy physical books, CDs, and even vinyl tapes. In a world were vinyl records still exist, you think movies on physical discs are obsolete?

And again, sometimes your data just isn't high speed enough to make it look good.
    I honestly think that in a post apocalyptic hell scape that whether or not I have more Looney Tunes DVDs than have already been released is going to be the furthest thing from my mind and probably everybody else's.

I honestly think that in a post apocalyptic hell scape that whether or not I have more Looney Tunes DVDs than have already been released is going to be the furthest thing from my mind and probably everybody else's.
    I think our current post apocalyptic hellscape experience proves that's not true.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar