Page 282 of 690 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282283284285286292332382 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 10347
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Wait, I thought Caucasian meant white.
    On Earth, sure. But when aliens are involved, not so much. White does denote the color of his skin as we generally refer to them (as opposed to actually white like some Martians) but he's definitely not Caucasian. His family and genome don't come from Earth, let alone Europe or Western Asia.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Officially? No clue. Unofficially? Safe bet they'll tease it at Fandome.
    Well, that's something to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Well, that's something to look forward to.
    I'm looking forward to the film side more myself - a The Batman trailer, maybe some casting news or something for their Static, Batgirl, Zatanna, Blue Beetle, and Hourman films (are they in the DCEU? Will they be HBO Max exclusives?), hopefully an official announcement for Joker 2. Not really hyped for Black Adam or the Flash movies though, but maybe the trailers for them could win me over. All the other films at least have my interest, but Black Adam and Flash just doesn't have my attention now (nor does The Suicide Squad either).

Yeah a Luthor film could actually be fascinating and have something to say (unlike that lazy bore of a film Joker).

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yeah a Luthor film could actually be fascinating and have something to say (unlike that lazy bore of a film Joker).
    We're such different people - I loved the Joker movie. Best thing to come from DC's film output since The Dark Knight, with Wonder Woman coming in at a close second (haven't seen WW84 yet). Really hoping for that sequel announcement.

That said I do agree that a Luthor film could be quite entertaining. He's my favorite villain!

Incredible Member

I would like to see a brand new Watchmen movie in the new animated universe. Something along the lines of a traditional Superhero team on the surface. But the mystery will be why are the Watchmen a Superhero team fighting crime in the modern era like the Justice League. It would be fun to include non-tradition Watchmen members like Cyborg, Black Lightning, Black Adam and Vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I would like to see a brand new Watchmen movie in the new animated universe. Something along the lines of a traditional Superhero team on the surface. But the mystery will be why are the Watchmen a Superhero team fighting crime in the modern era like the Justice League. It would be fun to include non-tradition Watchmen members like Cyborg, Black Lightning, Black Adam and Vixen.
    Are you talking about actually having Watchmen characters appear in the regular DC universe or just characters with the same tone as Watchmen?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    We're such different people - I loved the Joker movie.
    In trying to respond to you I ended up writing for 10 minutes about how much I found the movie meaningless, how much I hated the fact that it was a remake of King of Comedy with none of the appeal of King of Comedy, how dumb and cliche that ending was, and how much contempt I feel for Todd Philips because he wasn't ashamed of putting that movie out as if it had any use to society. I guess I actually love dumping onto Joker movie and I end up dumping on fans of it instead. I'm sorry about that. It's immature on my part and it's quite toxic.

But putting aside my opinion of the movie, I honestly don't know how they would make a sequel to it. The whole point of the movie, and I'm not being hyperbolic when I say this, was to do a remake of King of Comedy with aspects of Taxi Driver. How do they make a sequel to a remake of two movies that don't have sequels? Do they now just move on to the rest of Martin Scorcese's filmography? Is Joker 2 just a remake of Goodfellas and Wolf of Wall Street?

Nah what am I talking about, it's gonna be a remake of Cape Fear after Joker is released from the asylum.

Nah what am I talking about, it's gonna be a remake of Cape Fear after Joker is released from the asylum.
    Oh crap, this might actually happen. Why the hell do I talk so much.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I'm curious to see whether or not Joker 2 will top the first film as the most profitable CB movie all-time or just be #2.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

In trying to respond to you I ended up writing for 10 minutes about how much I found the movie meaningless, how much I hated the fact that it was a remake of King of Comedy with none of the appeal of King of Comedy, how dumb and cliche that ending was, and how much contempt I feel for Todd Philips because he wasn't ashamed of putting that movie out as if it had any use to society. I guess I actually love dumping onto Joker movie and I end up dumping on fans of it instead. I'm sorry about that. It's immature on my part and it's quite toxic.

But putting aside my opinion of the movie, I honestly don't know how they would make a sequel to it. The whole point of the movie, and I'm not being hyperbolic when I say this, was to do a remake of King of Comedy with aspects of Taxi Driver. How do they make a sequel to a remake of two movies that don't have sequels? Do they now just move on to the rest of Martin Scorcese's filmography? Is Joker 2 just a remake of Goodfellas and Wolf of Wall Street?

I think we're even more different people than I originally thought - meaningless? No use to society? That's the truth of all movies! There is no meaning in movies existing, they offer nothing to society - they never have and never will. Fiction in general is just useless, non-contributing to society, it just is. All that matters is if you like it. Anything beyond the entertainment value is a pointless discussion. Movies serve no function or purpose other than to entertain people, and maybe once in a very rare blue moon change hearts and minds. Very, very, very rarely. It's fair to hate the movie if it doesn't appeal to you - taste is subjective after all. But calling any movie useless is unfair - fiction has no use beyond entertainment, film no other purpose but to garner a profit. Whether you love, hate, want, or don't want a particular film, none exist because they deserve to, because there's a need for that film or kind of film to exist. And that's not a bad thing. (and sorry for a rant - but the idea of movies being better because they're useful/needed is a sticking point with me - also when people say "no one asked for this movie/who asked for this movie" - no movie ever made was ever asked for except a few rare sequels and adaptations)

I never saw the King of Comedy, and find the argument against Joker based on that a non-factor personally. There's so many remakes/homages of Romeo and Juliet and A Christmas Carol and others that it feels like hypocrisy a bit. The Magnificent Seven was one of the best westerns ever, and it was just a retelling of Seven Samurai. Star Wars I've been discovering took a lot of elements from other films. Indiana Jones was a throwback to certain kinds of films. Most everything I've ever been a fan of was ripping off some other thing it turns out. Creature from the Black Lagoon? Ripped of King Kong. Godzilla? King Kong and Beast from 20,000 Fathoms. King Kong? The Lost World, a bit. Maybe Joker was more blatant and obvious about it, I don't know, never saw the movies it's ripping. But it's not worse than what half a dozen other films or so have done that way this century alone.

I bet even some of Scorcese's films ripped off some things from some other films, albeit maybe less obviously. Ultimately I'd rather judge a movie by other factors than what it's trying to ape. Most films aren't that original - even most beloved classics. Lion King was ripping off...Hamlet or Macbeth? I forget which one.

And in Joker's case - most of the people who watched it have never seen nor heard of King of Comedy - most of them never will watch it.

I get where you're coming from - you're clearly a huge fan of King of Comedy, Taxi Driver, and Scorcese, and see Joker as a blatant ripoff on these films and this director, and that makes you angry. But I think most people don't consider it that great a sin - the common refrain is that nothing in Hollywood is original anymore. Joker might not be original, but at least it's influenced by a different class of movies and style than what most other unoriginal movies take from. And I think on that front it's a good thing - at least it provides a contrast to the other films coming out these days.

Hey, I love Boogie Nights even though it's a remake of Goodfellas. So being a remake isn't a problem to me. I honestly didn't find Joker interesting of it's own accord for a variety of reasons, but I won't bother you with them . My main point was that since it was so dependent on two other movies I don't see how it could possibly find a story for a sequel, unless it finds another movie to take it's whole plot and themes and scenes and characters from, like Cape Fear.
    Last edited by Alpha; 05-10-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Incredible Member

Are you talking about actually having Watchmen characters appear in the regular DC universe or just characters with the same tone as Watchmen?
    it's a dream pitch. The Watchmen were inspired by the old Charleston characters who in my mind were traditional superheroes. So my pitch would be that the Watchmen revert back to that type of tradition Superhero role. Right now, in my mind it's a very rough idea. If I attempt to draft it out it would probably be a failure.

Hey, I love Boogie Nights even though it's a remake of Goodfellas. So being a remake isn't a problem to me. I honestly didn't find Joker interesting of it's own accord for a variety of reasons, but I won't bother you with them . My main point was that since it was so dependent on two other movies I don't see how it could possibly find a story for a sequel, unless it finds another movie to take it's whole plot and themes and scenes and characters from, like Cape Fear.
    Fair enough, to each their own. But I don't think Phillips' is totally reliant on Scorsese for movie ideas - he can and probably will make a unique sequel with it's own hooks. I'm definitely not going to judge it or say it can't be done or he can't do it this early in. Whether you think it was entirely dependent on Scorsese films or not, Joker still resonated with people enough t be the most profitable CB movie of all time. That takes real skill and talent - so I'd lean towards giving Phillips the benefit of the doubt for now.

I hate to tell you this man but based on your feelings about Joker, I think you’d hate whatever they did with Luthor because I almost guarantee it would be an American Psycho ripoff
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/