Page 285 of 695 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 10422

I'd like this if the outlines/outer-lines weren't so thick.

Is this just a stylistic choice? I'd figure with such an iconic story they'd bring the S tier art style
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I'd like this if the outlines/outer-lines weren't so thick.

Is this just a stylistic choice? I'd figure with such an iconic story they'd bring the S tier art style
    It's their new shared universe style. All their movies sharing continuity with each other from now on will look like this. Doesn't matter how iconic a story is, or the story's iconic art, if it's part of their new rebooted universe it gets this style.
    Apparently some are tickled pink about that I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    The thick lines I guess.

I wonder who the Tommorrowverse's GL will be. Could be John but I think it could also be Kyle. Or they might surprise us and have all of them!
    If they're adapting Sinestro Corps. War (which had all four of the main Earth GL's), then it would be nice to see that reflected in the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    More villain appearances, hopefully that'll make people stop complaining about the Joker.
    I assumed they were saving them up for the second half.
    Ugh, is that what we're calling it?
    I was calling it the Lukic-verse.
    Because they both have stupidly bold lines. I mean the animation works better here, but those lines, they're hard not to notice.
    Some of us just don't like such thick lines.
    I don't really notice them, but I guess if they're there they remind me of comic art, so I don't really dislike them.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they're adapting Sinestro Corps. War (which had all four of the main Earth GL's), then it would be nice to see that reflected in the story.
    It'd be so cool if they did a Sinestro Corps War two-parter!

I assumed they were saving them up for the second half.

I was calling it the Lukic-verse.

I don't really notice them, but I guess if they're there they remind me of comic art, so I don't really dislike them.
    Not all comic art is bold lines. And what works in comics doesn't always look good in animation. The bold lines...I am not a fan, and never will be. At best I'll just "get used" to them indifferently. Which, as this is a visual medium, isn't the best feeling to have for an aesthetic choice we'll be stuck with for the next 5 to 10 years.

Bruce Timm, JJ Abrams, and Matt Reeves are making a new Batman cartoon for HBOMax titled Batman: Caped Crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Not all comic art is bold lines. And what works in comics doesn't always look good in animation. The bold lines...I am not a fan, and never will be. At best I'll just "get used" to them indifferently. Which, as this is a visual medium, isn't the best feeling to have for an aesthetic choice we'll be stuck with for the next 5 to 10 years.
    I think it's working really well here, but to each their own .

Astonishing Member

Ooh, looks like they’re harkening back to the original Kane aesthetic, at least when it comes to the ears.

Maybe the show will look somewhat like this:

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

My Adventures With Superman’: Jack Quaid-Fronted Animated Series Gets Two Season Order From HBO Max & Cartoon Network

My Adventures with Superman, with Jack Quaid lending his voice to the titular hero, has landed a two-season order at HBO Max and Cartoon Network.

Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and based on characters from DC, My Adventures with Superman follows the adventures of Superman and Lois Lane. The animated series features twenty-somethings Clark Kent, the bright and driven Lois Lane (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist actress Alice Lee), and their best friend Jimmy Olsen as they begin to discover who they are and everything they can accomplish together as an investigative reporting team at the Daily Planet.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Both new shows look good!

Now give us a Wonder Woman cartoon !

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DC really is allergic to WW. it's mind boggling how they're not taking advantage of her big presence in the media right now. Absolutely crazy. She deserves an animated show already.

Bruce Timm should just stay away from Batman...

This looks fun. Lois and Jimmy look like Luz and Gus from owl house though.

Now give us a Wonder Woman cartoon !
    or an Aquaman one, that is not aimed at toddlers

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    DC really is allergic to WW. it's mind boggling how they're not taking advantage of her big presence in the media right now. Absolutely crazy. She deserves an animated show already.
    Indeed, and same applies to Aquaman. Two characters that practically saved DC movies and they simply don't milk the success.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 05-19-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    May I interest you in another helping of Batman and Superman?