Page 286 of 693 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 10395
    Astonishing Member

The best announcements for a long time, especially Caped Crusader. Really looking forward to see it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Very excited for both of these, especially the Superman one. But I really want a WW one as well!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Bruce Timm should just stay away from Batman...
    As long as non-Bat characters aren't pulled in and he can resist doing his gross Bruce/Babs pairing (if she's even in this), we should be fine with Timm.

Though I'd be more excited if Dini and other people from the early BTAS days were involved, I don't think this ever worked great just because of Timm on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    May I interest you in another helping of Batman and Superman?
    Hey Superman hasn't had a solo ongoing cartoon since the 90s, so don't harsh our buzz But yeah, no excuse to sit around on WW still.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Both shows look neat. I'm assuming the Batman show will be somewhat similar to the new reboot. But funny enough the new cartoon is more similar to the CW show. Probably because the Suprman reboot is too far out lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    Both shows look neat. I'm assuming the Batman show will be somewhat similar to the new reboot. But funny enough the new cartoon is more similar to the CW show. Probably because the Suprman reboot is too far out lol
    Yeah, I don't think it'll be an exact match but I think like with B:TAS they'll take some cues from the latest Batman movie. Especially since Reeves is part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Very excited for both of these, especially the Superman one. But I really want a WW one as well!

As long as non-Bat characters aren't pulled in and he can resist doing his gross Bruce/Babs pairing (if she's even in this), we should be fine with Timm.

Though I'd be more excited if Dini and other people from the early BTAS days were involved, I don't think this ever worked great just because of Timm on his own.

Hey Superman hasn't had a solo ongoing cartoon since the 90s, so don't harsh our buzz But yeah, no excuse to sit around on WW still.
    Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Poochie Quinn. This is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Poochie Quinn. This is getting ridiculous.
    I wonder if Harley will be in the new Batman cartoon.

Because though she's been done to death everywhere else, one of her co-creators being in charge of her again might get us a better take on her than we've had in a while.

Because though she's been done to death everywhere else, one of her co-creators being in charge of her again might get us a better take on her than we've had in a while.
    Tbh, even with Timm involved I don't think a bearable version of HQ is possible under him either. Even ignoring the original incarnation's own problems, he was involved in the Batman/Harley Quinn animated movie from what I recall and that was probably the worst of all the animated films imo.

It looks like they’re going for a Golden Age vibe so I don’t expect to see Harley (even if we do inevitably get to Joker).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks like they’re going for a Golden Age vibe so I don’t expect to see Harley (even if we do inevitably get to Joker).
    I don't think that will stop them, after all they worked in a cameo by her in the New Frontier adaptation

Description of the special features for Long Halloween Part 2 give a story description of the DC Showcase Blue Beetle short (basically a Charlton era tribute in the vein of a Saturday morning cartoon) and revealed the first 2022 animated film will be titled "Injustice."

I don't think that will stop them, after all they worked in a cameo by her in the New Frontier adaptation
    They did? Was that in the villain montage at the end?

DC really is allergic to WW. it's mind boggling how they're not taking advantage of her big presence in the media right now. Absolutely crazy. She deserves an animated show already.
    Agreed. I actually held my breath wondering "now where is the Wonder Woman show?" only to get some crickets and tumbleweed.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    or an Aquaman one, that is not aimed at toddlers

Indeed, and same applies to Aquaman. Two characters that practically saved DC movies and they simply don't milk the success.
    Or another Green Lantern show but this time with John Stewart in the lead. Or a Flash animated show. Maybe it's just me but I think all the Big 7 should have a solo feature or show by now.

You're right. That just makes it even worse. Wonder Woman 80th is coming up and what do they have to show for it?

I bet the animation department is still stuck in a boys club mentality for superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Timm did say that if he had full creative control he would have set B:TAS in the 30's. I suspect this will have the same vibe as the 'Strange Days' short.

Concept art for the new Superman cartoon.

DC really is allergic to WW. it's mind boggling how they're not taking advantage of her big presence in the media right now. Absolutely crazy. She deserves an animated show already.
    They keep acting like if they don't plop out Superman/Batman content whenever possible, the general audience is somehow going to forget them...

Astonishing Member
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.