Page 287 of 693 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 10394

Not a fan of the Superman art style but it may help to bring in a younger and new audience, which Superman desperately needs as he’s being left behind more and more.

Ngl, the Superman show actually looks fun and I'm glad he's finally getting a shot again.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Not a fan of the Superman art style but it may help to bring in a younger and new audience, which Superman desperately needs as he’s being left behind more and more.
    Was talking with someone about this elsewhere, and it’s legit been ages since Superman was in a mass media project aimed at kids. Legion of Superheroes was the last cartoon to star him, and since then everything he’s been in has been extremely violent or geared towards older audience (Snyderverse, Injustice, SS:KtJL game, S&L). This and the Batman cartoon will likely be walking that DCAU line of being kids shows that adults can enjoy as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Was talking with someone about this elsewhere, and it’s legit been ages since Superman was in a mass media project aimed at kids. Legion of Superheroes was the last cartoon to star him, and since then everything he’s been in has been extremely violent or geared towards older audience (Snyderverse, Injustice, SS:KtJL game, S&L). This and the Batman cartoon will likely be walking that DCAU line of being kids shows that adults can enjoy as well.

(This show was gone before its time).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

(This show was gone before its time).
    I seriously keep forgetting that exists despite being repeatedly reminded of it. It just kinda came and went didn’t it?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

We need cartoons for Wondy DC make it happen, Aquaman, Flash, and Shazam would be greatly appreciated as well.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Make that just Wondy, Flash, and Shazam. I forgot about the wacky Aquaman show
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I seriously keep forgetting that exists despite being repeatedly reminded of it. It just kinda came and went didn’t it?
    It deserved better.

It looks like they’re going for a Golden Age vibe so I don’t expect to see Harley (even if we do inevitably get to Joker).
    Personally can't wait for the cat burglar disguised as a granny/The Cat/Catwoman with her cat head mask transition that happened in the 1940's to be portrayed on this show.

It deserved better.
    Cartoon Network is just terribad with its DC shows not named Teen Titans Go!

I read an article which stated that it to do with how the DCEU stumbled. Basically, the movies are like the tide which lifts up these animated ventures. If a movie is successful, it will draw attention to the show and in turn that will help build a following. That never happened and with plummeting ratings, there was no incentive to keep making that show.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    We need cartoons for Wondy DC make it happen, Aquaman, Flash, and Shazam would be greatly appreciated as well.
    Agreed. Aquaman is getting a show but considering how goofy it looks, I would say he still counts on that list. Most of us are expecting something akin to the 90's DC action shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Personally can't wait for the cat burglar disguised as a granny/The Cat/Catwoman with her cat head mask transition that happened in the 1940's to be portrayed on this show.
    I'm still waiting for them to adapt that down to the "you've never seen a pretty girl before" Line .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Make that just Wondy, Flash, and Shazam. I forgot about the wacky Aquaman show
    While I'm happy DC is pushing Aquaman in the animated realm it sucks it's not something like the 2011 Thundercats series or something. I think stuff like Avatar and the Dragon Prince shows there's a lane for animated epic fantasy stories. Aquaman and Wonder Woman would thrive in the medium with the right budget and marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    While I'm happy DC is pushing Aquaman in the animated realm it sucks it's not something like the 2011 Thundercats series or something. I think stuff like Avatar and the Dragon Prince shows there's a lane for animated epic fantasy stories. Aquaman and Wonder Woman would thrive in the medium with the right budget and marketing.
    I think we need more conventional action cartoons back in the market.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I think we need more conventional action cartoons back in the market.
    Yeah. It's no surprise kids/teens/and young adults are more into anime. But Invincible proved to be really popular so I'm expecting DC to announce even more animated shows in the works