Page 291 of 695 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 10416
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    OK, but when they grow up, they're going to realize this is horrible.
    TTG is often on in my local barbershop. It holds the kids' attention, they seem to genuinely enjoy it, and it has a silly, breezy humor that's consistent. When those kids are in their 30's with their own kids, I'm sure they'll look at TTG with affection and happily share it with their children.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Flash season 8 to begin with 5 'crossover-type' episodes featuring Arrowverse heroes

The CW is staging multiple Arrowverse team-ups this fall.

On Tuesday, network chairman and CEO Mark Pedowitz announced that season 8 of The Flash will begin with five special event episodes featuring heroes from across the Arrowverse — or the CW-verse, as he insisted on calling it.

"The idea for The Flash is [showrunner] Eric Wallace and [executive producer Greg Berlanti] have come together, and we're talking about other superheroes from the CW-verse that will come together in each individual episodes," Pedowitz told reporters during a press conference. "It will not quite be a crossover, but it will have a crossover-type feel with the introduction of all these characters."

Pedowitz didn't say which actors would visit The Flash in November. "I'll let you have those conversations with Eric Wallace," Pedowitz told EW on the call. "We do know that there are a couple feelers out to a couple of the actors, but we have no definitives yet."

One of those feelers is likely regarding Black Lightning star Cress Williams, who just wrapped up his four-season run on the topical superhero show. In a recent interview with EW, Williams confirmed that The Flash has twice reached out to gauge his interest in guest-starring in season 8.

"[We're] just in the talks phase," said Williams, who just moved back to Los Angeles, making visiting Vancouver for a guest stint much easier logistically. "I really enjoyed the crossover last year. Specifically, I think me and Grant [Gustin], we're just very like-minded in how we approach the work, and we had really great conversations. One of my favorite scenes of doing this character was the scene between me and him in the library [on the Waverider in "Crisis on Infinite Earths."] So the thought of being able to go back and do an episode here or an episode there? Oh yeah, no, I'm down for that."

The CW had to scrap its annual Arrowverse crossover this year because the COVID-19 pandemic made it virtually impossible to write and schedule a multi-episode event spanning multiple shows and featuring multiple actors. Instead of the usual crossover fun, Arrow alum David Ramsey is guest-starring as John Diggle on several of the shows, including Batwoman, Superman & Lois, The Flash, and Supergirl.

Riverdale, like The Flash, will also begin its next season with five "event" episodes, which is a way for the network to launch both shows in the fall while also accommodating their delayed production start dates.

"They will have completed production [on their current seasons] by the end of June, early July. So there will be enough of a hiatus so they will come back sometime in early September so that they're fully rested," Pedowitz said. "Because they're coming in early September, there's no way we can get eight or nine episodes up and running. So we're thrilled to have these eventize programming that we're going to do with Flash and Riverdale for those five episodes that start in mid-November."

Source: https://ew.com/tv/the-flash-season-8-event-episodes/

Looks like we got an Alan Scott for the Green Lantern show

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/green-...ott-confirmed/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    OK, but when they grow up, they're going to realize this is horrible.
    Some of them will, some will forget, others will demand more of what they enjoyed in their childhood and others will demand that their childhood faves grow up with them.

Accessible, kid friendly shows are important in order to keep these characters relevant for future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    TTG is often on in my local barbershop. It holds the kids' attention, they seem to genuinely enjoy it, and it has a silly, breezy humor that's consistent. When those kids are in their 30's with their own kids, I'm sure they'll look at TTG with affection and happily share it with their children.
    Ok, you win. They can like it

Extraordinary Member

I honestly see TTG as being mostly just the goofiest stuff form the original show in an abbreviated format, with an odd “refusal of ambition” in some areas- so to me, it’s not that it’s a bad show, but rather somewhat limited to what it could be and to what it came after.

It’s basically the Tofu alien episode over and over again, and sometimes, that’s great. And while I think that the old show being able to do something like “Haunted” clearly makes it superior to TTG, I get why they wouldn’t want to do it.

...But why not do a TTG version of Slade? For real? They made Trigon funny. Surely they could make Slade funny.

Hell, DCSHG 2.0 did that.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    ...But why not do a TTG version of Slade? For real? They made Trigon funny. Surely they could make Slade funny.
    They did. In the movie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    They did. In the movie
    Ah, thank you!
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    They did. In the movie
    I actually really liked the movie. Slade voiced by Will Arnett. Plus they kept calling him Deadpool.

I'm pretty sure if the internet existed in the 70's as it does now, there would be a vocal contingent of people hating on Superfriends.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm pretty sure if the internet existed in the 70's as it does now, there would be a vocal contingent of people hating on Superfriends.
    Don't be ridiculous - it's 2021 and there's still people who hate on Superfriends. They're just not vocal about it because 1.) it's not currently on the air and 2.) most of them are too old to figure out how this "world wide web" thing works.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Don't be ridiculous - it's 2021 and there's still people who hate on Superfriends. They're just not vocal about it because 1.) it's not currently on the air and 2.) most of them are too old to figure out how this "world wide web" thing works.
    Um, I watched the show when it first aired in '73, yet experienced the WWW while still in my twenties. Do you think kids back then were born middle-aged?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Only kids were watching it, though, so I'm not sure about that.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Flash season 8 to begin with 5 'crossover-type' episodes featuring Arrowverse heroes

On Tuesday, network chairman and CEO Mark Pedowitz announced that season 8 of The Flash will begin with five special event episodes featuring heroes from across the Arrowverse — or the CW-verse, as he insisted on calling it.

"The idea for The Flash is [showrunner] Eric Wallace and [executive producer Greg Berlanti] have come together, and we're talking about other superheroes from the CW-verse that will come together in each individual episodes," Pedowitz told reporters during a press conference. "It will not quite be a crossover, but it will have a crossover-type feel with the introduction of all these characters."

Pedowitz didn't say which actors would visit The Flash in November. "I'll let you have those conversations with Eric Wallace," Pedowitz told EW on the call. "We do know that there are a couple feelers out to a couple of the actors, but we have no definitives yet."

One of those feelers is likely regarding Black Lightning star Cress Williams, who just wrapped up his four-season run on the topical superhero show. In a recent interview with EW, Williams confirmed that The Flash has twice reached out to gauge his interest in guest-starring in season 8.

"[We're] just in the talks phase," said Williams, who just moved back to Los Angeles, making visiting Vancouver for a guest stint much easier logistically. "I really enjoyed the crossover last year. Specifically, I think me and Grant [Gustin], we're just very like-minded in how we approach the work, and we had really great conversations. One of my favorite scenes of doing this character was the scene between me and him in the library [on the Waverider in "Crisis on Infinite Earths."] So the thought of being able to go back and do an episode here or an episode there? Oh yeah, no, I'm down for that."

The CW had to scrap its annual Arrowverse crossover this year because the COVID-19 pandemic made it virtually impossible to write and schedule a multi-episode event spanning multiple shows and featuring multiple actors. Instead of the usual crossover fun, Arrow alum David Ramsey is guest-starring as John Diggle on several of the shows, including Batwoman, Superman & Lois, The Flash, and Supergirl.

Riverdale, like The Flash, will also begin its next season with five "event" episodes, which is a way for the network to launch both shows in the fall while also accommodating their delayed production start dates.

"They will have completed production [on their current seasons] by the end of June, early July. So there will be enough of a hiatus so they will come back sometime in early September so that they're fully rested," Pedowitz said. "Because they're coming in early September, there's no way we can get eight or nine episodes up and running. So we're thrilled to have these eventize programming that we're going to do with Flash and Riverdale for those five episodes that start in mid-November."

Is it just seperate teamups like the Brave and the Bold comics? Instead of it being one big storyline?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Making up for the lack of crossovers due to COVID (aside from Diggle).