Page 3 of 690 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Origins was ok. War was a horrific mess. Superman and Wonder Woman basically went around murdering people the whole time. Yeah they were parademons, but the League didn't know they weren't alive until Cyborg showed up. They were basically executing people form the start. Not to mention Desaad
    Dude, they're an army of big scary monsters. Yeah they're really gonna hold back against that. I think they were icing parademons casually even back in the animated show.

I didn't like JL: War or Son of Batman that much. Throne of Atlantis was decent though and I loved Flashpoint and Assault on Arkham.

I thought the Flashpoint movie was incredible. It felt like there were real stakes and Barry Allen genuinely felt like an everyman character. I love Batman and Spider-Man but I don't consider either to really be an average person. Batman is basically a man at his mental and physical peak and Parker is a loser. Allen was just a regular guy trying to save the world

Ultimate Member

I really liked C. Thomas Howell's Reverse-Flash. He was a genuinely scary/menacing villain. JL: War and Son of Batman were bad. Flashpoint Paradox and Throne of Atlantis were decent/good. And I really liked Assault on Arkham.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I'm pretty okay with most of the League's aggressive tactics in War and ToA, the only thing that kind of bugs me about the latest JL cartoon movies is the constant bickering amongst the team. I think they're doing it to make the characters funny, but it really just makes them unlike able.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I'm pretty okay with most of the League's aggressive tactics in War and ToA, the only thing that kind of bugs me about the latest JL cartoon movies is the constant bickering amongst the team. I think they're doing it to make the characters funny, but it really just makes them unlike able.
    Well theyve only been working with each other what twice, I highly doubt they are all gonna be all chummy of the bat like that.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Well theyve only been working with each other what twice, I highly doubt they are all gonna be all chummy of the bat like that.
    Yeah...in the comics, ToA was 5 years after..I believe.

So, they had plenty of time to form as a cohesive unit.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I agree. The individual maturity of the team seemed to have been put in the back seat in favor of humor.

I understand that Billy is still a kid, I was just wondering why the wisdom of Solomon did not kick in as often as the strength of Hercules.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Yeah...in the comics, ToA was 5 years after..I believe.

So, they had plenty of time to form as a cohesive unit.
    But the films weren't that far apart.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I agree. The individual maturity of the team seemed to have been put in the back seat in favor of humor.

I understand that Billy is still a kid, I was just wondering why the wisdom of Solomon did not kick in as often as the strength of Hercules.
    Yeah, their lack of maturity is what I don't like. I understand that they might not work that well together yet, but they argue like school girls at every single turn. They should still be adults after all.

Ultimate Member

I'm not really going to complain that much about the JL's killing nameless mooks in a war anymore than I complained about The Avengers killing Chitauri left and right (ie not at all) because, you know, they're in the middle of a freaking war. Now Superman seemingly trying to murder Batman during their JL War confrontation, that's another story.

Has anyone here seen the Bizarro Lego movie yet? I almost picked it up the other day because it looked like it'd be really funny and cute.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

BANNED

Out of the new stuff, I've only seen Justice League War. I don't read any New52 Superman so I don't know how the comic version compares to the animated version but the animated Superman is one scary motha luva. I know Batman said that Superman was fighting to bruise and not to kill, but wowzer did he look like a man with a killer instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by quinnzel View Post
    Has anyone here seen the Bizarro Lego movie yet? I almost picked it up the other day because it looked like it'd be really funny and cute.
    I did, it was pretty fun. Not great or anything mind, but definitely cute and what you'd expect from LEGO, and it came with that Batman: Be-leagured special as a bonus feature. I would definitely recommend it to all fans of that sort of lighthearted fun. Also, I really loved the little Batzarro LEGO figure that came with it. And Bizarro was just great.

Qn: Do you guys think we overestimate the quality of the films/animated series produced earlier? (before the reboot and such?). A bias towards the stuff we grew up watching.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Qn: Do you guys think we overestimate the quality of the films/animated series produced earlier? (before the reboot and such?). A bias towards the stuff we grew up watching.
    No, I think they are well written, and their reputation and accolades prove that. I feel that a lot of the newer stuff is trying to hard to be edgy, and sometimes the plots are weirdly less mature then some of the older stuff. Odd since they are obviously targeting an older audience.