Page 300 of 695 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 10421

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    WB/DC: "We'll make a Smallville continuation cartoon before we even consider the possibility of a WW show".
    They haven’t done **** for WW’s 80th, I’m hoping DC putting Fandom in Oct this year means they’re going to reveal a bunch of WW projects there. A fool’s hope I admit, but one I hold to.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They haven’t done **** for WW’s 80th, I’m hoping DC putting Fandom in Oct this year means they’re going to reveal a bunch of WW projects there. A fool’s hope I admit, but one I hold to.
    They’ll probably have a tribute video, some interviews with Patty/Gal/Linda and the like, and maybe a release year for WW3.

If they have more then that I would actually be surprised. But I just try to go into everything with my expectations the size of a peanut so I never get disappointed.

They'll probably have their hands full showcasing Bats and Supes millionth new shows and the upcoming garbage fire animated Injustice movie.

They did a lot this year actually. WW84 was technically released last year but since it was in Christmas I still count it. JS WW2 was also this year. We've had Nubia The Real One, Sensational Wonder Woman, Black & Gold, Wonder Girl, And we might still get a canon book about Nubia&TheAmazons as well as Historia. Of course we should have a tv show, animated or live action, but it's still something.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-24-2021 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    They did a lot this year actually. WW84 was technically released last year but since it was in Christmas I still count it. JS WW2 was also this year. We've had Nubia The Real One, Sensational Wonder Woman, Black & Gold, Wonder Girl, And we might still get a canon book about Nubia&TheAmazons as well as Historia. Of course we should have a tv show, animated or live action, but it's still something.
    I don’t count WW1984 as being for this year since it was only pushed that far back because of Covid and was never intended to release that late. If they’re going to promote her as part of the “Trinity” she really should be getting some more outside media stuff. A cartoon to go alongside Batman and Superman’s doesn’t feel like a big ask, or another solo animated movie. I’m actually pretty happy with Diana on the comics side, but she’s lagging far behind her older brothers outside of comics.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don’t count WW1984 as being for this year since it was only pushed that far back because of Covid and was never intended to release that late. If they’re going to promote her as part of the “Trinity” she really should be getting some more outside media stuff. A cartoon to go alongside Batman and Superman’s doesn’t feel like a big ask, or another solo animated movie. I’m actually pretty happy with Diana on the comics side, but she’s lagging far behind her older brothers outside of comics.
    The lack of a solo animated movie I get since her last one didn't sell very well. I don't like it, but I can't argue with that. The best they could probably do is make her pivotal in something like in the JSA film.

But it's high time they at least gave her a cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The lack of a solo animated movie I get since her last one didn't sell very well. I don't like it, but I can't argue with that. The best they could probably do is make her pivotal in something like in the JSA film.

But it's high time they at least gave her a cartoon.
    I’d take a JLD movie with her set on the main Earth in the new continuity as the lead that adapts Tynion/Ram V’s run!

I’d take a JLD movie with her set on the main Earth in the new continuity as the lead that adapts Tynion/Ram V’s run!
    I think the Constantine DC Showcase feature is going to be set in the "Lukic-verse" since he's on one of the DVD spines, so I think that'll probably address magic in this universe.

I'm still expecting a straight-up JL film that features the rest of the Big Seven unless we get one or two more introductory films.

My only concern about adapting the Tynion/Ram V run is Zatanna getting stuck with another dull animated costume, but Long Halloween obviously shows they're not slavishly dedicated to the designs of the stories they're adapting and Otto Schmidt could probably come up with something better.

Unexpected but....yay?

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I can't wait to see what they do with Chloe on that series
    What's there to wonder about? They'll probably downsize her role and have either Tara Strong or Grey DeLisle voice her. Plus, the focus should be on Clark, Lois and Lex anyway since they are the MC's of this.

Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    They’ll probably have a tribute video, some interviews with Patty/Gal/Linda and the like, and maybe a release year for WW3.

If they have more then that I would actually be surprised. But I just try to go into everything with my expectations the size of a peanut so I never get disappointed.
    I mean, I have no expectations but even I'm disappointed.

Poor Diana (and every other non Sup/Bat character), stuck with a company who doesn't give a shit about them.

Incredible Member

DC Comics’ ‘Madame Xanadu’ Series in the Works at HBO Max With Bad Robot

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/mad...ax-1235005428/

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    DC Comics’ ‘Madame Xanadu’ Series in the Works at HBO Max With Bad Robot

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/mad...ax-1235005428/
    Guess they're building up the Justice League Dark...although "Madame X" sounds like a completely different together.

Guess they're building up the Justice League Dark...although "Madame X" sounds like a completely different together.
    Madame X sounds like a Marvel Weapon X spin-off.

I’ll be interested if it gets green-lit.

Xanadu has a lot of potential. Both as a character and as part of the greater magical DCU. She is immortal and is connected to a lot of the magical heroes. Her connection to Morgan Le Fay and Merlin gives her a tertiary connection to Etrigan and Shining Knight. She also has history with the Phantom Stranger and is partially responsible for the Spectre. She has met Hawkman's various reincarnations. She's been with Zatanna's father. If they play their cards right she could easily be the character connect all the magical heroes together like a mystical Nick Fury (kind of like how she was in the first JLD series but unlike Fury you got to establish Xanadu first).

Funny how the showrunner is Angela Robinson, whose Professor Marston and the Wonder Women came out in the same year as the first Wonder Woman film to capitalize on the latter's success, which would have definitely caused DC and WB a minor headache as that film revolved around Marston's polyamory and bondage inclinations.

I read the article and there's no mention of "Madame X" now so I'm guessing it was revised and the show will be called Madame Xanadu after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier
    It's short and fun enough.
    Why do you hope it’s short?