Page 310 of 695 FirstFirst ... 210260300306307308309310311312313314320360410 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    ‘Catwoman: Hunted’ Sets Voice Cast (Exclusive)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...dc-1234998303/

Attachment 112672
    I'm actually kind of excited and cautiously optimistic about this one. Just a fun stylish Catwoman movie not adapting a beloved classic story (and possibly messing it up)? I'm sold, gimme.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I assume in the next WW animation we'll have Bane or Joker get crippled by Steve Trevor to even it out.
    Cripple? You can have Steve mow Joker down dead in a WWII era fighter plane if you promise we get like 3 Joker-free Batman movies straight after that. I like Joker, but he shouldn't be in every Batman movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I still wish Barbara Minerva showed up in Superman: MoT. She can be a jobber to Batman's girl, but she can't have a brief fling with Clark?
    If Cheetah is going to show up outside of a Wonder Woman or Justice League movie, I'd rather it be in a Superman flick any-day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm actually kind of excited and cautiously optimistic about this one. Just a fun stylish Catwoman movie not adapting a beloved classic story (and possibly messing it up)? I'm sold, gimme.
    I think it's a loose adaptation of Catwoman: When in Rome. (If that's the case, hopefully it says loose...)

Cripple? You can have Steve mow Joker down dead in a WWII era fighter plane if you promise we get like 3 Joker-free Batman movies straight after that. I like Joker, but he shouldn't be in every Batman movie...
    Yeah there are some villains that need a break.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think it's a loose adaptation of Catwoman: When in Rome. (If that's the case, hopefully it says loose...)
    Considering the premise and characters, I don't think so. It might take inspiration from it possibly here and there, but it seems to be too original in intent to call an adaptation. It'd be like calling The Dark Knight a Long Halloween adaptation because the former took some inspiration from the latter. Besides, if they were going to do a C:WiR adaptation, even a loose one, I can't see them not tying it into their main new shared universe after doing Long Halloween (which...was an adaptation I'm mixed on, took too many liberties in my opinion so is very loose indeed). I don't see them adapting that story outside of the new continuity (and no, this isn't going to be in the new continuity if it doesn't share the art style).

Considering the premise and characters, I don't think so. It might take inspiration from it possibly here and there, but it seems to be too original in intent to call an adaptation. It'd be like calling The Dark Knight a Long Halloween adaptation because the former took some inspiration from the latter. Besides, if they were going to do a C:WiR adaptation, even a loose one, I can't see them not tying it into their main new shared universe after doing Long Halloween (which...was an adaptation I'm mixed on, took too many liberties in my opinion so is very loose indeed). I don't see them adapting that story outside of the new continuity (and no, this isn't going to be in the new continuity if it doesn't share the art style).
    True.

I do find it interesting that they are making an effort to go though some seriously obscure villains. I think Cheetah, Talia and Black Mask are the only big names villains on the roster outside the title character. (IDK if Grundy is "big name" or not...)
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im excited for a Catwoman dtv but not a fan of the anime look they are going for. Wish it were more in line with her short that she had a decade ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im excited for a Catwoman dtv but not a fan of the anime look they are going for. Wish it were more in line with her short that she had a decade ago.
    I'll have to see how it looks in motion...although I think Catwoman is a character that lends herself well to the anime format.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'll have to see how it looks in motion...although I think Catwoman is a character that lends herself well to the anime format.
    It likely does but (from the looks of it) the style they chose at least design wise looks cheap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    La Dana? As in the Blue Beetle villain? Wouldn’t this technically be her first portrayal outside of comics?
    Given that the writer also heavily used the Reach in season 2 of Young Justice, I think it's pretty obvious he has read the John Rogers run of Blue Beetle.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    ‘Catwoman: Hunted’ Sets Voice Cast (Exclusive)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...dc-1234998303/

Attachment 112672
    That's one hell of a cast with so many characters.

Also, it's written by Greg Weisman so it will likely be better than the Nu52 movies.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's one hell of a cast with so many characters.

Also, it's written by Greg Weisman so it will likely be better than the Nu52 movies.
    Why DC/WB havent given Greg more to do is beyond me. Dude knows how to plot out a universe.

I mean, he is writing his own show right now and this movie shows that he has begun to branch out.

Yeah, I think working on YJ takes up most of his time.

I was actually wondering if this is set in the YJ universe given Kelly Hu is playing Cheshire again.

wow Titans seaosn 3 is going hard
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Why DC/WB havent given Greg more to do is beyond me. Dude knows how to plot out a universe.
    Greg pitched several spin-offs of Young Justice, but WB turned them down. Let's hope that after Young Justice season 4 premieres on HBO Max, they start to greenlight ​spin-offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    wow Titans seaosn 3 is going hard
    Are you enjoying it? I really liked the first 3 episodes.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.