Page 311 of 694 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361411 ... LastLast
Results 4,651 to 4,665 of 10408

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Greg pitched several spin-offs of Young Justice, but WB turned them down. Let's hope that after Young Justice season 4 premieres on HBO Max, they start to greenlight ​spin-offs.
    Weisman and his spinoffs, I don't get it. He had something like 9 different spinoffs pitched for Gargoyles and it hurt the series

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Greg pitched several spin-offs of Young Justice, but WB turned them down. Let's hope that after Young Justice season 4 premieres on HBO Max, they start to greenlight ​spin-offs.
    I'm not sure if they have the manpower or the wherewithal to focus on spinoffs alongside the main series, but maybe I'm selling them short.

From Glen Murakamis's IG:

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSi0svor..._web_copy_link

After Batman Beyond and before Justice League - Bruce Timm, Adam Warren and I developed a Batman series that never sold…

glen murakami IG.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Are you enjoying it? I really liked the first 3 episodes.
    I wasn't big on season 1. It had its moments I guess. In Season 2 the show picked up. This season so far so good.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's so weird, Power Rangers meets Bat family? Doesn't looks like something Bruce Timm would be involved. Reminds me a lot of Combo Rangers, a super sentai inspired comic book we have here in Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I wasn't big on season 1. It had its moments I guess. In Season 2 the show picked up. This season so far so good.
    Same here. Although i found episode four the weakest so far this season.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Considering Batman Beyond was made in part because WB wanted a show to compete with the more younger-skewing toyetic cartoons of the time, I'm not surprised they considered Batman-inspired Power Rangers.

So many times we came close to a straight up Batfamily show. Think my favorite pitch was based on No Man’s Land, pity that didn’t get made.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So many times we came close to a straight up Batfamily show. Think my favorite pitch was based on No Man’s Land, pity that didn’t get made.
    That. Plus I wish TNBA got to go on for a couple of more seasons. A slightly more grown up Tim, Babs as Oracle with Cass Cain, Huntress/Helen Bertinelli and Azrael would have been a dream come true.

Man, this looks like the sort of cartoon I would have ate up as a kid! I wonder why WB passed on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Man, this looks like the sort of cartoon I would have ate up as a kid! I wonder why WB passed on this?
    I ask this about many potential DC cartoons that never got off the ground...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I recently rewatched the JLA unaired pilot again and I have to give them kudos for trying. Not only would we have gotten characters that such as Fire/Ice that are largely ignored, we also had Green Lantern (Guy Gardner who was more Kyle) and Martian Manhunter who didnt just masquerade around as a human 99% of the time. Even the costumes were decent given the time (1997). Fire was racebent because even back then they knew representation mattered.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 08-21-2021 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Fire was racebent because even back then they knew representation mattered.

Are you being facetious? Isn't Fire Brazilian?

Batman is really the only character these producers know.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Are you being facetious? Isn't Fire Brazilian?
    Oops at me! That fact did slip my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I recently rewatched the JLA unaired pilot again and I have to give them kudos for trying. Not only would we have gotten characters that such as Fire/Ice that are largely ignored, we also had Green Lantern (Guy Gardner who was more Kyle) and Martian Manhunter who didnt just masquerade around as a human 99% of the time. Even the costumes were decent given the time (1997). Fire was racebent because even back then they knew representation mattered.

Huh, while not great that Flash costume was leagues better than the one from the TV show just a few years prior.