Page 313 of 695 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 10419

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    You do know that being Brazilian isn't a race, right?
    Fire is a white Brazillian.
    People here assume everyone from other countries look the same.
    A lot of us in the USA have only recently become aware that there are white and black Latinos - we'd always assumed Hispanic/Latino was a race ala white/black/Asian. It's a hard notion to have to update.

Fire is a white Brazillian.
    It's open to interpretation as native Brazilians come in all shades too. Michelle Hurd, an Afro-Latina, played the character in the 90's JLA live action tv show pilot.

ETA: I didn't realize that Hurd was the reason the conversation started in the first place a couple of pages back, but it's not canon that Beatriz Da Costa is white in the comics, as opposed to being a lighter skinned Latina.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 08-24-2021 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's open to interpretation as native Brazilians come in all shades too. Michelle Hurd, an Afro-Latina, played the character in the 90's JLA live action tv show pilot.

ETA: I didn't realize that Hurd was the reason the conversation started in the first place a couple of pages back, but it's not canon that Beatriz Da Costa is white in the comics, as opposed to being a lighter skinned Latina.
    North American's concept of "Latina" doesn't really fit Brazilians as our process of colonization and miscigenation was different than in countries colonized by Spain.
    Fire has never been portrayed in comics as anything other than white.
    I'm not against changing Fire's ethnicity in adaptations, but it should be acknowledged as a departure from the source material just like the new Batgirl casting. The fact the character is Brazilian has no bearing on the color of her skin, as Brazil is one of the most diverse countries in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    That's one hell of a cast with so many characters.
    Wait, Nosferata is a totally different character from Nocturna?!

Looking her up, Nosferata does seem cooler though.

Fire has never been portrayed in comics as anything other than white.
    I mean, how can you tell unless Fire confirms her ancestors were white and only married other white Brazilians?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

"Light skinned" and "white" are concepts that overlap but have their own categories in the US. In Latin America you can be called white even if you have non-European looking features or ancestry. Fire is light skinned, but it is open to interpretation.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well they gave their Wally a big chunk of Impulse's personality. Waid made Wally more easy going and jokey than Barry ever was but he was never comedy relief like JLU Wally. Hell, he was a downright jerk during the New Teen Titans days.
    At this point, the Flashes' personalities have been so frustratingly spliced up, mashed together, and reinvented in media adaptations that I doubt I'll see a satisfying execution of the men behind the cowl in the next decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    At this point, the Flashes' personalities have been so frustratingly spliced up, mashed together, and reinvented in media adaptations that I doubt I'll see a satisfying execution of the men behind the cowl in the next decade.
    YJ is probably the closest, although they killed Wally off and don't really do much with Barry.

Fantastic Member

Well they gave their Wally a big chunk of Impulse's personality. Waid made Wally more easy going and jokey than Barry ever was but he was never comedy relief like JLU Wally. Hell, he was a downright jerk during the New Teen Titans days.
    You could make an argument Wally was comic relief quite a bit in Justice League Europe and the Messner-Loebs part of Wally's run basically had him behaving like an immature teenager. I do think the DCAU played up the comic relief bit, but the style of humor was still more in-line with Wally from the comics than Bart in my opinion.

Plus, Wally's characterization during the NTT days has been rewritten since Post-Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    YJ is probably the closest, although they killed Wally off and don't really do much with Barry.
    I thought Wally's base personality was fine outside of his portrayal as a hero. I also found their take on Bart to be pretty underwhelming as he felt like Wally 2.0. Then again, perhaps that got better in season three?
    Last edited by Rend20; 08-24-2021 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I thought Wally's base personality was fine outside of his portrayal as a hero. I also found their take on Bart to be pretty underwhelming as he felt like Wally 2.0. Then again, perhaps that got better in season three?
    Their take on his comic Bart persona is a bit of an act but he seems more hyperactive and energetic than season 1 Wally in my opinion.

Marvel announced a new RPG game called Midnight Sons. Seems like there is a lot of Marvel video game content on different platforms. Even if they are mobile games, it still puts the brand out there for more people to discover. DC fans have to wait years for a new Injustice or Arkham game to be released. I really wish there was more options for DC based games.

Marvel announced a new RPG game called Midnight Sons. Seems like there is a lot of Marvel video game content on different platforms. Even if they are mobile games, it still puts the brand out there for more people to discover. DC fans have to wait years for a new Injustice or Arkham game to be released. I really wish there was more options for DC based games.
    We have Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad coming out probably next year. Probably hear more at FanDome.

Better to wait than fast-forward to another Avengers disaster.

It's actually Midnight Suns. lol I'm guessing since there are ladies on the roster, they didn't want to call it "sons".

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's actually Midnight Suns. lol I'm guessing since there are ladies on the roster, they didn't want to call it "sons".
    I would've swapped Carol for Wanda to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We have Gotham Knights and Suicide Squad coming out probably next year. Probably hear more at FanDome.

Better to wait than fast-forward to another Avengers disaster.
    Can we fast forward IJ3 so we can get an Avengers disaster for that?