Page 323 of 695 FirstFirst ... 223273313319320321322323324325326327333373423 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,845 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aquaman kind of has infamy on a video game front, although a video game about a Superhero set in underwater could be pretty interesting.
    He has an infamous video game?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    He has an infamous video game?

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    It's irritating. Marvel literally kicks their asses on a regular basis. DC really needs to start putting in the effort. They look like fools right now.
    That is very true! Pretty soon Marvel is going to dominate them in every aspect! DC’s strongholds used to be video games and animation! Now Marvel isn’t so behind anymore…

Spider-Man
    Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    Spider-Man 2
    Wolverine
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    The Avengers
    Midnight Sons
    Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

That’s 8 games in the last 5 years! Compared to DC:

Injustice 2
    Gotham Knights
    Suicide Squad:Kill The Justice League

Only 3 games in that same period of time! Pathetic! DC just loves to lose and it’s getting so frustrating being a DC fan

I just don't believe that because we have two games public right now that it means WB isn't developing anything else with their other IP's and there's only really one Batman game with Gotham Knights (just because Deadshot and Harley are nominally Bat characters doesn't make SSKTJL a Batman game).

Like before we just really had Spider-Man and Avengers (and see how that turned out for Marvel with Avengers). Who is to say we won't see more games announced soon? Other than expecting the bare minimum from DC/WB but I'd like to think otherwise.

Movies I can understand. They've announced several games. But on every front? I don't think that's fair.
    I don’t mean to be confrontational, but what on Earth makes you think that’s not the case? Who do you think is making these secret games? The only one we know of is WBM having a second DC project in the works, zero indication of anything else on the way. WB has denied any pitches that weren’t Batman or Batman related such as SS which is absolutely seen as a Batman property given the prominence of Harley Quinn and how hard they’ve tied Deadshot to Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    That is very true! Pretty soon Marvel is going to dominate then in every aspect! DC’s strongholds used to be video games and animation! Now Marvel isn’t so behind anymore…

Spider-Man
    Spider-Man: Miles Morales
    Spider-Man 2
    Wolverine
    Guardians of the Galaxy
    The Avengers
    Midnight Sons
    Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

That’s 8 games in the last 5 years! Compared to DC:

Injustice 2
    Gotham Knights
    Suicide Squad:Kill The Justice League

Only 3 games in that same period of time! Pathetic! DC just loves to lose and it’s getting so frustrating being a DC fan
    Infinite and Avengers didn't really help Marvel Games' reputation. Quality over quantity is a thing.

You're also missing Batman: The Telltale Series and the Lego games (although I guess then you'd have to include Marvel's Lego games).

I don't think What If means Marvel has suddenly matched DC on an animation front again.

I get wanting more content and featuring more characters but I feel like it's not a fair 1-to-1 comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t mean to be confrontational, but what on Earth makes you think that’s not the case? Who do you think is making these secret games? The only one we know of is WBM having a second DC project in the works, zero indication of anything else on the way. WB has denied any pitches that weren’t Batman or Batman related such as SS which is absolutely seen as a Batman property given the prominence of Harley Quinn and how hard they’ve tied Deadshot to Batman.
    I guess because I've seen enough DC game concepts that didn't pan out to think that they're still getting pitches on other properties or might be open to them.

Hasn't Suicide Squad become enough of it's own brand that it's not automatically associated with Batman?

I mean, did anyone see Insomniac developing a Wolverine game coming? Although I think there were rumors about Eidos Montreal's Guardians and an X-Com Marvel game, but I also recall rumors of a Wonder Woman game.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Look, I'm a Superman fan, a big one, I love the guy to pieces. Batman's the only hero who surpasses him, and that's purely because Bruce has had the better luck in cartoons and movies my lifetime. Comic book wise they're even, Supes has had some of the best comics I've ever read. When I die I might get entombed with my copy of Smashes the Klan. So this hurts to say, even though I'm not a gamer, just reconciling what this says about his popularity right now it hurts to admit this - but Supes is never going to get a videogame until he gets a universally liked, billion dollar hit movie. It's just not going to happen. So, while I wish you were right about this, I really wish you were speaking truth, it's no longer true - you can no longer say Aquaman can't get a game just because Superman can't. We're at that stage where Superman can't get a game while Aquaman damn well could. Aquaman's currently in a much better position on that front than Superman is. And that sucks.
    I think that'd be true if DC/WB showed remotely the littest of interest in pushing Aquaman. Aquaman made a billion dollars in 2018 and what have they done for the character since? Cancelled a plan spin off. Giving him a 6 episode animated mini series with questionable designs.....and thats all. They didnt even bother to give him a solo animated movie. Suicide Squad made less and has been pushed 100% more than Aquaman.

Infinite and Avengers didn't really help Marvel Games' reputation. Quality over quantity is a thing.

You're also missing Batman: The Telltale Series and the Lego games (although I guess then you'd have to include Marvel's Lego games).

I don't think What If means Marvel has suddenly matched DC on an animation front again.

I get wanting more content and featuring more characters but I feel like it's not a fair 1-to-1 comparison.
    Nothing but Batman! The games are where the films used to be! Hopefully someday DC gaming will catch up!

And it’s only a matter of time until Marvel catches up or surpasses DC in animation. It’s inevitable! They’ve surpassed DC everywhere else so, why not here too? We live in a Marvel generation, where the only character that can compete is Batman

Wow, I never even heard of that, and the gamecube was the last system I owned!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think that'd be true if DC/WB showed remotely the littest of interest in pushing Aquaman. Aquaman made a billion dollars in 2018 and what have they done for the character since? Cancelled a plan spin off. Giving him a 6 episode animated mini series with questionable designs.....and thats all. They didnt even bother to give him a solo animated movie. Suicide Squad made less and has been pushed 100% more than Aquaman.
    I mean, I wasn't really begging for a Trench movie personally...

I think the animated series is actually just three episodes.

As far as an animated film, they did give him a Lego movie.

Nothing but Batman! The games are where the films used to be! Hopefully someday DC gaming will catch up!
    The Lego games aren't all Batman even when they have his name on it. I mean, you don't think GK and the SS will be good games? I think that should matter.
    And it’s only a matter of time until Marvel catches up or surpasses DC in animation. It’s inevitable! They’ve surpassed DC everywhere else so, why not here too? We live in a Marvel generation, where the only character that can compete is Batman
    If you'd seen how badly Marvel screwed the pooch on an animation front prior to What If, I don't think you'd feel so confident. And considering how hyper-focused they are on making the cartoons linked to the movies they're already limiting themselves on that front as far as serious animation while DC has two solo cartoons confirmed for Batman and Superman while Marvel Animation screwed up Spider-Man and The Avengers.

Not to mention the regular DC Animated DTV's.

If we're talking animation. Then well, Spiderverse (granted that's Sony) blows away just about every DC Animated movie. Even Mask of The Phantasm.

The more you know.gif. Though this is kind of funny since now Aquaman has had a game before WW and a solo animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    The Batman effect. DC only cares about Batman and his world, so they’re the only ones that ever get anything. Even in a DCU game like Injustice, 1/3 of the roster is usually Batman adjacent characters. It’s basically Marvel vs Batman and the latter can’t compare to a whole universe of characters

I mean, I wasn't really begging for a Trench movie personally...

I think the animated series is actually just three episodes.

As far as an animated film, they did give him a Lego movie.

The Lego games aren't all Batman even when they have his name on it. I mean, you don't think GK and the SS will be good games? I think that should matter.

If you'd seen how badly Marvel screwed the pooch on an animation front prior to What If, I don't think you'd feel so confident. And considering how hyper-focused they are on making the cartoons linked to the movies they're already limiting themselves on that front as far as serious animation while DC has two solo cartoons confirmed for Batman and Superman while Marvel Animation screwed up Spider-Man and The Avengers.
    Lego is.....I guess it can count? lol.

Looking it up, they allowed Red Lanterns! JL!

Hell even The Flash and Shazam got lego movies.

The Batman effect. DC only cares about Batman and his world, so they’re the only ones that ever get anything. Even in a DCU game like Injustice, 1/3 of the roster is usually Batman adjacent characters. It’s basically Marvel vs Batman and the latter can’t compare to a whole universe of characters
    I think just because they push Batman so hard doesn't mean they only care about Batman. I know it can seem that way but I don't think it's that 100%.

Also yeah real bold of DC to green light another Superman and Batman show.

I bet if they're feeling extra risky they'll make a Batman movie with the Joker.