Page 324 of 693 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Also yeah real bold of DC to green light another Superman and Batman show.

I bet if they're feeling extra risky they'll make a Batman movie with the Joker.
    At least give them credit for giving Superman a cartoon again after S:TAS .

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think that'd be true if DC/WB showed remotely the littest of interest in pushing Aquaman. Aquaman made a billion dollars in 2018 and what have they done for the character since? Cancelled a plan spin off. Giving him a 6 episode animated mini series with questionable designs.....and thats all. They didnt even bother to give him a solo animated movie. Suicide Squad made less and has been pushed 100% more than Aquaman.
    The comic books aren't everything. Even if it looks like blobby crap, an animated miniseries is more of a push than 3 or 4 ongoing comic book series combined in terms of money and effort spent, and at least 7 ongoings worth in pure audience reach. And he didn't get a solo animated movie, but he still got top billing as the named focus character in an animated team up movie - I know you forgot about Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis, from the Lego DC Superheroes line.

Just because it's not a cartoon series or film aimed at us doesn't mean the miniseries or Lego movie isn't a push. And chances are good that with Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom scheduled for next year he'll be getting more announced real soon. Honestly, there's really good odds they'll announce an Aquaman title to their DTV animated movie line at Fandome to ride the new movie's success.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least give them credit for giving Superman a cartoon again after S:TAS .
    I assume WW fans have to wait for both new Superman and Batman shows to theoretically implode for a WW show like how we didn't get a WW movie until after BvS?
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-09-2021 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Nothing but Batman! The games are where the films used to be! Hopefully someday DC gaming will catch up!

And it’s only a matter of time until Marvel catches up or surpasses DC in animation. It’s inevitable! They’ve surpassed DC everywhere else so, why not here too? We live in a Marvel generation, where the only character that can compete is Batman
    Superman is getting an animated series, Aquaman an animated miniseries. That's just from what we know. And I've seen some of Marvel's recent animated output. Marvel's Spider-Man looked okay, but the other shows?
    DC seems safe in animation.

Also I'm not a gamer, but a lot of Marvel's games seem more quantity over quality so...

If we're talking animation. Then well, Spiderverse (granted that's Sony) blows away just about every DC Animated movie. Even Mask of The Phantasm.
    Please, some of DC's own animated DTV line blows away Mask of the Phantasm. Under the Red Hood, Crisis on Two Earths, The Dark Knight Returns, The Flashpoint Paradox.

I bet if they're feeling extra risky they'll make a Batman movie with the Joker.
    They made a Joker movie without Batman (kid Bruce doesn't count).

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The comic books aren't everything. Even if it looks like blobby crap, an animated miniseries is more of a push than 3 or 4 ongoing comic book series combined in terms of money and effort spent, and at least 7 ongoings worth in pure audience reach. And he didn't get a solo animated movie, but he still got top billing as the named focus character in an animated team up movie - I know you forgot about Aquaman: Rage of Atlantis, from the Lego DC Superheroes line.

Just because it's not a cartoon series or film aimed at us doesn't mean the miniseries or Lego movie isn't a push. And chances are good that with Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom scheduled for next year he'll be getting more announced real soon. Honestly, there's really good odds they'll announce an Aquaman title to their DTV animated movie line at Fandome to ride the new movie's success.
    I dont consider getting top billing in a team up movie to be that much of a push tbh. WW was the leader of the JSA but when majority of your appearances are in team up movies it doesnt add up the same imo. It'd be a little different if it was like Batman & Harley Quinn where it's named Wonder Woman & Aquaman but it wasnt.

Harley was so popular in SS she got her own movie, her own animated series, a dtv where she is co-listed in the title with batman, is a major player in the SS game. That's a push.

A Lego movie is a tiny push I guess but that's a pretty cheap push compared to others.

Please, some of DC's own animated DTV line blows away Mask of the Phantasm. Under the Red Hood, Crisis on Two Earths, The Dark Knight Returns, The Flashpoint Paradox.

I found Under the Red Hood, Flashpoint to be fairly mediocre.

Extraordinary Member

After all the money they loss this year, you bet

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I dont consider getting top billing in a team up movie to be that much of a push tbh. WW was the leader of the JSA but when majority of your appearances are in team up movies it doesnt add up the same imo. It'd be a little different if it was like Batman & Harley Quinn where it's named Wonder Woman & Aquaman but it wasnt.
    It's still more of a push than most get, and it's probably gearing up for an even bigger push probably. Hell, it probably would've had more announced by now if not for covid delays. I just don't see him getting a billion dollar movie and not getting more in time to take advantage of his sequel. This Fandome and next year's Fandome before his movie sequel hits theaters I expect to hear more.

Harley was so popular in SS she got her own movie, her own animated series, a dtv where she is co-listed in the title with batman, is a major player in the SS game. That's a push.
    Aquaman got his own movie, and is getting his own animated series. Only difference is his name next to Batman's in a DTV and a game. And honestly, the Lego DTV probably checks the box there. So game is all he's missing.

A Lego movie is a tiny push I guess but that's a pretty cheap push compared to others.
    Disagree - Lego is insanely popular. I don't understand this viewpoint that it's lesser than the DTVs aimed at us older audiences. It's an equal push in terms or budget and audience, and arguably more important because it's netting him fans from the future generation beyond us.

I found Under the Red Hood, Flashpoint to be fairly mediocre.
    Funny, that's my feeling for the overhyped and overrated MotP (it's good, but not great, not like so many fans claim). Different tastes I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    After all the money they loss this year, you bet
    When, where, on what, and how much money did they lose this year?

Sure, and Spider-Verse blows them all away.

Sure, and Spider-Verse blows them all away.
    Yeah, but it's a theatrical movie. Now, when Marvel can make a DTV that can blow them away? That'd be something.

Yeah, but it's a theatrical movie. Now, when Marvel can make a DTV that can blow them away? That'd be something.
    I enjoyed the series of Marvel DTV's that they were doing a few years ago but they didn't seem to find the same success or audience DC did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I enjoyed the series of Marvel DTV's that they were doing a few years ago but they didn't seem to find the same success or audience DC did.
    It wasn't a few years ago, it was over a decade ago. And they didn't find the same success as DC did because the line ended just as they got really good.

It wasn't a few years ago, it was over a decade ago. And they didn't find the same success as DC did because the line ended just as they got really good.
    They did manage to do Planet Hulk justice .