Page 329 of 693 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 10394

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Aquaman got a billion dollars at the box office something that their reboot of Superman, Superman vs. Batman, and JL couldnt do. When a character like Aquaman does that you do a spin off movie if the director wants to. Wan knows how to make a horror movie on a budget so I doubt he'd be trying to get Anything above $50-$70million for the budget. And The Trench were actual costumes just enhanced by CGI
    Enhanced a lot by CGI. Look, I agree when a film does a billion like that you do a spin-off, but a horror movie with vague connections to the hero just isn't the same thing. Amazons make sense, and should get made. Gotham PD and Penguin makes sense for Batman spinoffs. But The Trench? I really think they should come up with a better Aquaman spinoff than that. Like, if they had announced an Aqualad show and then changed their minds on it, sure, I'd understand holding it against them. But billion dollar Aquaman or not, a Trench spinoff? I don't feel the loss here.

Mind you, that's just from a pure superhero spinoff perspective, that film doesn't make sense for DC's Aquaman. From a fan perspective, James Wan making a horror film with an army of Creatures from the Black Lagoon should normally be a safe bet as long as the budget is kept reasonable, it's just making it DC/Aquaman related that feels questionable. Also the $50-$70 million might be a bit much - horror films largely have a more limited profit.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    *sighs* This company will never learn. Like it's really hard to get excited for DC content. Meanwhile Disney is throwing Hawkeye and Miss Marvel at me.
    DC is throwing Doom Patrol, Stargirl, Peacemaker, and a lot of non-Batman content out there. Penguin getting a show doesn't invalidate that.

Astonishing Member

*sighs* This company will never learn. Like it's really hard to get excited for DC content. Meanwhile Disney is throwing Hawkeye and Miss Marvel at me.
    Aren’t we already getting
    1. Green Lantern tv series
    2. Peacemaker tv series
    3. Naomi
    4. Xanadu
    5. Constantine
    6. JLD

already confirmed and in the works? Also like Batgirl and Zatanna movie on HBO as well?
    Not to mention we already have flash, Titans, Superman and lois, stargirl and Legends? So not sure what the complain is about tbh. I’m not a huge fan of Batman compared to all the other dc properties but I’ll give them credit when it comes to tv series.

After how many movies though? lol. Even Vixen got a 30min animated series.
    They probably don't want to risk it after the movie with Halle Berry.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Catwoman is getting an animated film...

Isn't the Amazon spinoff still in development?
    Yeah, Jenkins is producing and/or writing depending on when she's scratched her Disney/Star Wars itch.

Stargirl is a pretty good show, and we got 8 years of Green Arrow, female sidekick and all.

Aquaman got a billion dollars at the box office something that their reboot of Superman, Superman vs. Batman, and JL couldnt do. When a character like Aquaman does that you do a spin off movie if the director wants to. Wan knows how to make a horror movie on a budget so I doubt he'd be trying to get Anything above $50-$70million for the budget. And The Trench were actual costumes just enhanced by CGI
    I guess I was never all that enthusiastic about a Trench spinoff because it felt unnecessary to me, so it didn't really bother me that much. Wan is involved in the cartoon show though.
    It was something that Patty wanted to do inbetween WW3 but its never been greenlit. It likely isnt happening.
    I thought it was in-production. Last I heard Patty said it would be set after Diana leaves Themyscira.
    After how many movies though? lol. Even Vixen got a 30min animated series.
    Does the timing really matter so much as them actually making it though?

Vixen, The Ray, Constantine, and Deathstroke got animated productions without Batman.

Still boggles the mind they’ve never done a solo Flash animated movie. Do they not realize how popular he is? Well he’s got a movie coming out next year so I can hope 2022 will be his first solo animated offering.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Still boggles the mind they’ve never done a solo Flash animated movie. Do they not realize how popular he is? Well he’s got a movie coming out next year so I can hope 2022 will be his first solo animated offering.
    They've previously stated that the solo animated offerrings don't do as well unless they're Batman-focused, so they rarely greenlight them

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    They've previously stated that the solo animated offerrings don't do as well unless they're Batman-focused, so they rarely greenlight them
    Can’t figure out what counts as a success, the GL movies look like they were huge hits. Plus they’ve never even tried to do a Flash movie and he has both a very popular TV series and a movie coming. Now is the perfect time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Can’t figure out what counts as a success, the GL movies look like they were huge hits. Plus they’ve never even tried to do a Flash movie and he has both a very popular TV series and a movie coming. Now is the perfect time.
    GL probably had the issue with the failure of the live-action movie going against it.

I feel like if we'll ever get a Flash solo film, it'll probably be with Matt Bomer's Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Aren’t we already getting
    1. Green Lantern tv series
    2. Peacemaker tv series
    3. Naomi
    4. Xanadu
    5. Constantine
    6. JLD

already confirmed and in the works? Also like Batgirl and Zatanna movie on HBO as well?
    Not to mention we already have flash, Titans, Superman and lois, stargirl and Legends? So not sure what the complain is about tbh. I’m not a huge fan of Batman compared to all the other dc properties but I’ll give them credit when it comes to tv series.
    If you think those five things are even in the same league as Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel and She-Hulk, then I really don't know what to tell you. There's zero excitement for Naomi, JLD, Xanadu (the card chick, really?), etc.
    "Fresh air is the best therapy."

If you think those five things are even in the same league as Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel and She-Hulk, then I really don't know what to tell you. There's zero excitement for Naomi, JLD, Xanadu (the card chick, really?), etc.
    Naomi is still a relatively new brand despite how well the comic sold. I think it has Ms. Marvel level of potential.

GL is a marquee DC IP so I think that's something that could be pretty great if they handle it right.

Xanadu has as much brand awareness as Moon Knight does until his show comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Naomi is still a relatively new brand despite how well the comic sold. I think it has Ms. Marvel level of potential.

GL is a marquee DC IP so I think that's something that could be pretty great if they handle it right.

Xanadu has as much brand awareness as Moon Knight does until his show comes out.
    Moon Knight have that MCU draw going on for the character. Nowadays, the MCU fans are willing to watch anything that as long as it take place in the MCU. Marvel Studios have build such trust in the fans that almost anything generates interest if not ensures success.

Why aren’t they? They’re all DCEU, a part from Naomi, and Green Lantern and Constantine are incredibly popular! Certainly more poplar than all those Marvel characters you mentioned