Page 330 of 693 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430 ... LastLast
Results 4,936 to 4,950 of 10394

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    GL probably had the issue with the failure of the live-action movie going against it.

I feel like if we'll ever get a Flash solo film, it'll probably be with Matt Bomer's Barry.
    Pity the previous Flash VA never even got a chance, he’s who I hear reading Barry now. I like Boomer’s Barry though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pity the previous Flash VA never even got a chance, he’s who I hear reading Barry now. I like Boomer’s Barry though.
    Christopher Gorham was a good Barry. And he was probably the best and most consistent of all the VA's who debuted in War.

Seriously though, of the VA's who kickstarted this universe the only ones who stayed through to the end were Batman, Flash, and Cyborg .

Christopher Gorham was a good Barry. And he was probably the best and most consistent of all the VA's who debuted in War.

Seriously though, of the VA's who kickstarted this universe the only ones who stayed through to the end were Batman, Flash, and Cyborg .
    And Batman’s VA was one of the worst imo. Conroy could do “grizzled” while still demonstrating emotional range as could Greenwood.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

And Batman’s VA was one of the worst imo. Conroy could do “grizzled” while still demonstrating emotional range as could Greenwood.
    Yes and no - he started out the worst, but got a lot better in the second and third films until he basically had it down pat. Just took him a bit to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    If you think those five things are even in the same league as Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel and She-Hulk, then I really don't know what to tell you. There's zero excitement for Naomi, JLD, Xanadu (the card chick, really?), etc.
    Green Lantern and Constantine are hugely popular, JLD has been the second biggest team in recent years just under the JLA, Peacemaker has John Cena and is tied to the popular Suicide Squad franchise - how are they not in the same league as Moon Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yes and no - he started out the worst, but got a lot better in the second and third films until he basically had it down pat. Just took him a bit to get there.
    I think O'Mara's performance was more often better in the League or ensemble films than it was in the Batman solo films.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I thought it was in-production. Last I heard Patty said it would be set after Diana leaves Themyscira.

Does the timing really matter so much as them actually making it though?

Vixen, The Ray, Constantine, and Deathstroke got animated productions without Batman.
    Amazons hasnt gotten past the script phase. last Patty talked about it is that they pitched it to WB, that it takes place after Di leaves the island and would tie into WW3.

I think timing does matter. If it didn't then we wouldnt have spent several decades complaining about the lack of a WW movie or dtv movie. Catwoman taking this long is a bit ridiculous. But DC doesnt really know how to use most of their popular characters outside of Harley/Batman.

I think O'Mara's performance was more often better in the League or ensemble films than it was in the Batman solo films.
    I never liked his voice. Sounded generic. He’s one of my least liked Batman VAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Amazons hasnt gotten past the script phase. last Patty talked about it is that they pitched it to WB, that it takes place after Di leaves the island and would tie into WW3.
    I think it has a better chance of happening then The Trench did.
    I think timing does matter. If it didn't then we wouldnt have spent several decades complaining about the lack of a WW movie or dtv movie. Catwoman taking this long is a bit ridiculous. But DC doesnt really know how to use most of their popular characters outside of Harley/Batman.
    Well, was there really a demand for a Catwoman film? I think it's nice we're getting something with her at all.
    I never liked his voice. Sounded generic. He’s one of my least liked Batman VAs.
    I appreciated that he stuck with it for all those movies even if he's not my ideal Batman voice.

I think Jensen Ackles has definitely been an improvement as far as Batman VA's go.

Ultimate Member

So who and/or what is the Amazons show going to be about?

Really? I felt it was the opposite - then again, that's just mostly because I keep thinking of the first one. JL:War was his absolute worse, Son of Batman was better but still rough, and then after that it was smooth sailing to me ears with no difference between the solo and team films.
    But wow his voice in War was bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

I really think the Halle Berry film really soured the execs on Catwoman for a long time (might even still be holding her back). Though to be fair if they'd been more confident in a woman led film when it first came up, a decade before 2004 Catwoman when it was still tied into the Burton films instead of putting it in development hell, we'd have never gotten that bomb, the original intended Catwoman movie might've been good, and there'd be more women led projects in the genre.

I think Jensen Ackles has definitely been an improvement as far as Batman VA's go.
    To me he's not as bad as O'Mara started out, but definitely worse than where O'Mara got to. Ackles sounds too much like, well, Ackles. He doesn't have enough of a separate Batman voice outside his own voice.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 09-14-2021 at 10:34 PM.

Really? I felt it was the opposite - then again, that's just mostly because I keep thinking of the first one. JL:War was his absolute worse, Son of Batman was better but still rough, and then after that it was smooth sailing to me ears with no difference between the solo and team films.
    But wow his voice in War was bad...
    I guess I only noticed it because I liked his performance more in JLD and the Superman films than I did in his actual solo films. I don't know if it was the ensemble nature or because he wasn't as prominent, but he felt more authentic as Batman there.
    To me he's not as bad as O'Mara started out, but definitely worse than where O'Mara got to. Ackles sounds too much like, well, Ackles. He doesn't have enough of a separate Batman voice outside his own voice.
    He has a very recognizable voice, but I feel like it fits well with Batman so it felt natural to me.

I guess I only noticed it because I liked his performance more in JLD and the Superman films than I did in his actual solo films. I don't know if it was the ensemble nature or because he wasn't as prominent, but he felt more authentic as Batman there.

He has a very recognizable voice, but I feel like it fits well with Batman so it felt natural to me.
    To each their own, I didn't hear a difference and I can't imagine audibly he did anything differently there vs his solos. So probably just liking those movies better maybe?

Eh, I thought Ackles had moments, but it was never better than just serviceable for me. Maybe because he is so recognizable - instead of feeling like his voice fits Batman well it came across strongly like Jason Todd or Dean Winchester trying a Batman impression.

Edit: Oh, it might not have helped that my experience of the not really accurate take of The Long Halloween wasn't as enjoyable as yours - I think how well you like the movies impact how well you appreciate the voices too.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 09-15-2021 at 09:15 AM.

To each their own, I didn't hear a difference and I can't imagine audibly he did anything differently there vs his solos. So probably just liking those movies better maybe?

Eh, I thought Ackles had moments, but it was never better than just serviceable for me. Maybe because he is so recognizable - instead of feeling like his voice fits Batman well it came across strongly like Jason Todd or Dean Winchester trying a Batman impression.

Edit: Oh, it might not have helped that my experience of the not really accurate take of The Long Halloween wasn't as enjoyable as yours - I think how well you like the movies impact how well you appreciate the voices too.
    Maybe? His performance just felt more on-point to me in comparison. But I guess to each their own.

I think Ackles' voice fits a young Batman well.