Page 339 of 693 FirstFirst ... 239289329335336337338339340341342343349389439 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,085 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It really sucks that DC hasn’t taken full advantage of the success of Young Justice. The show has featured a lot of new or seldom used characters in really great ways.
    We saw what happened with the last Young Justice run.
    Aqualad is definitely a great addition to the DCU and this version originated on the show but there are a number of other characters who have been squandered. I can’t believe they haven’t made Artemis/Tigress a more prominent character in the comics. They could have another much needed Asian-American superhero. There is also a lot of potential in the YJ version of Halo.
    Would she be a hero or villain though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They never took advantage of the popularity of the animated shows that came before either. Hawkgirl was tossed to the side despite being a big part of the DCAU. Stewart should’ve been pushed alongside Hal, someone else could’ve done plots for John while Hal was being built back up with Johns. The Titans are garbage and didn’t benefit at all from their popular cartoon. DC just can’t see to connect.
    With Hawkgirl...I mean, Kendra was Hawkgirl, so I'm not sure where synergy would've come in unless we replaced her or just gave her like a Hawkgirl solo and called it a day. Was Hawkman's book still running back then?

John and Hal were in the League together around that time, if I recall, although he didn't have any solo work even though he still appeared and had a role in GL events.

The 2003 Titans were around the same time as the Johns run, wasn't it? That was like the last successful Titans run.

They never took advantage of the popularity of the animated shows that came before either. Hawkgirl was tossed to the side despite being a big part of the DCAU. Stewart should’ve been pushed alongside Hal, someone else could’ve done plots for John while Hal was being built back up with Johns. The Titans are garbage and didn’t benefit at all from their popular cartoon. DC just can’t see to connect.

I get synergy doesn’t work all the time, Iron Man hasn’t benefitted at all from the MCU really, but DC really just isn’t able to profit off of their successful animated shows.
    Aquaman and Wonder Woman both had hugely successful movies and that success was never taken advantage of. At this point, I know what I'm getting from WB and DC

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Aquaman and Wonder Woman both had hugely successful movies and that success was never taken advantage of. At this point, I know what I'm getting from WB and DC
    You don't think a lot of people were demanding an Aquaman cartoon by way of Thundercats Roar ?

Oh man, Flash went out like a punk lol.

Don't why some are acting like Jokerwank is ridiculous when it comes to that but the Taylor using the "he's too crazy!!!" excuse to justify why the lasso of truth wouldn't work on him is okay for some people.

Because people don’t like Supes or Wondy but Flash became hugely popular because of the show (all the more mind boggling that DC completely failed to make an animated Flash movie back when the show was huge). So when Flash gets punked by Joker now the butthurt flares up because it’s someone they like jobbing out to make Joker look dangerous.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Because people don’t like Supes or Wondy but Flash became hugely popular because of the show (all the more mind boggling that DC completely failed to make an animated Flash movie back when the show was huge). So when Flash gets punked by Joker now the butthurt flares up because it’s someone they like jobbing out to make Joker look dangerous.
    spoilers:
    Huh, I thought Superman killed him in place of Shazam.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Huh, I thought Superman killed him in place of Shazam.
    end of spoilers
    Oh **** lmao sorry. Nope, go click the tweet I linked to see you’re either going to laugh or be furious.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Is this like DC's version of magic the gathering?

More info: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dc.../1100-6496945/
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Is this like DC's version of magic the gathering?

More info: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/dc.../1100-6496945/
    More like DC's Heartstone. Although we'll have to wait for more details in the future about the gameplay.

why do DC animated films keep leaking? I know piracy is everywhere but I don't see this with other animation companies
    The J-man

Astonishing Member

It really sucks that DC hasn’t taken full advantage of the success of Young Justice. The show has featured a lot of new or seldom used characters in really great ways.
    Their publishing unit is just bad at synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Like most fans I don’t want exact synergy as it would definitely ruin creativity, but there are very popular characters (many of whom are POC) not being used and that’s just leaving money on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    why do DC animated films keep leaking? I know piracy is everywhere but I don't see this with other animation companies
    I don't think any other movie leaked this year, as far as I am aware.

Aqualad is definitely a great addition to the DCU and this version originated on the show but there are a number of other characters who have been squandered. I can’t believe they haven’t made Artemis/Tigress a more prominent character in the comics. They could have another much needed Asian-American superhero. There is also a lot of potential in the YJ version of Halo.
    YJ could use some spin offs to better flesh out some of it's concepts.

Aqualad is in the same club now as Renee Montoya and the Harley Quinn as successful crossovers from animation to comics.

Artemis is tricky because there is an Artemis Crock in the comics who is very different from the cartoon version and was married to Icicle. They introduced the comic book equivalent of YJ Artemis in the Nu52 comcis only to be unceremoniously killed off in the same issue.

Maybe if Dini's Zatanna series was allowed to continue instead of getting nipped in the bud they could have introduced that Artemis as the daughter of the Huntress that that John Zatara fought in the Golden Age.

YJ is mostly an updated version of the OG5 Titans before the iconic Wolfman Teen Titans. But that was a very white team, hence why they updated Aqualad to Kaldu'r and since Donna was off limits at the time, they decided to revamp Artemis instead. Though, now that I think about it I wish they had pulled from some aspect of WW's mythology for the character.

I get synergy doesn’t work all the time, Iron Man hasn’t benefitted at all from the MCU really, but DC really just isn’t able to profit off of their successful animated shows.

Like most fans I don’t want exact synergy as it would definitely ruin creativity, but there are very popular characters (many of whom are POC) not being used and that’s just leaving money on the table.
    There is a whole generation of adults who grew up on 2k3 Titans and would pay money to see their characters done right in a comic book or a show. DC has barely tapped into that market. They sort of did with 'Beast Boy & Raven' YA mini but still not the same push these characters deserve.

With synergy, it depends on how you do it ultimately. Marvel has had good and bad examples of it. I really like how they incorporated 'Hope Pym' as 'Nadia Pym' into the MU but stuff like trying to retcon Clint's personality into a sloppy dudebro (Fraction's Hawkeye) which didn't fit in with either the MCU or any version of the MCU I've read didn't really work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Not just bad. Most of the time they just don't seem to care. And sometimes they come off as outright resentful if another character becomes too successful. JLU made John Stewart *the* Green Lantern for an entire generation of viewers to the point where when Hal's movie came out, some people thought DC whitewashed GL. So what did Johns and Didio do when they got promoted? They made Hal the default GL in every single adaptation going forward. We would be lucky to see John or any other GL show up in anything.