Page 354 of 695 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 10418

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Wait really?!

I assumed they were
    Nope. We’re assuming it’s because they’re being saved for the movie, but there’s no confirmation of that, we still have yet to get any update on whether GLC is still happening. Guy, Alan, Jess, and Simon are in this, as well as an OC Lantern who is a human/alien hybrid.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Marvel is making a serious push in animation. If WB isn’t planning to make animated shows for properties like Flash, WW, GL, or other underserved but popular IPs they’re going to get lapped. A new Superman show, first in 30 years, and an Aquaman miniseries are a great start but they really should be ramping up their animation side. Otherwise they’re going to get lapped like they’re in the process of being everywhere else.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Don't worry about WB.

I heard they are very optimistic about the Hotwheels Batmobile cartoon so much so that they are going to do a spin off each starring the Batwing, the Batboat and the Bat Copter. They are also considering a show starring Batman's costume. They're also considering the feasibility of Batman's grappling hook and Robin's bo staff having their own shows.

No word on a WW show but I heard someone whispered to Grace Randolph over a drain pipe that WB might be considering but not sure about a WW show.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Marvel is making a serious push in animation. If WB isn’t planning to make animated shows for properties like Flash, WW, GL, or other underserved but popular IPs they’re going to get lapped. A new Superman show, first in 30 years, and an Aquaman miniseries are a great start but they really should be ramping up their animation side. Otherwise they’re going to get lapped like they’re in the process of being everywhere else.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they even got lapped in animation. I still remember like 7-8 years ago, it used to be a common saying that even though DC was beat on the big screen, they were still ahead in animation and live action TV. Well, it looks like Marvel is going ham with live action TV and now their one weakness, animation, is being targeted. There's literally no reason for them not to make a WW animated series along with a bunch of other potential DC heroes. A bunch of DC spinoff shows don't really compare

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they even got lapped in animation. I still remember like 7-8 years ago, it used to be a common saying that even though DC was beat on the big screen, they were still ahead in animation and live action TV. Well, it looks like Marvel is going ham with live action TV and now their one weakness, animation, is being targeted. There's literally no reason for them not to make a WW animated series along with a bunch of other potential DC heroes. A bunch of DC spinoff shows don't really compare
    They had the upper hand in video games as well but with Guardians Marvel has finally achieved success with characters aside from Spidey in recent years. DC? Still not interested in anything that isn’t Batman or Batman related.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Don't worry about WB.

I heard they are very optimistic about the Hotwheels Batmobile cartoon so much so that they are going to do a spin off each starring the Batwing, the Batboat and the Bat Copter. They are also considering a show starring Batman's costume. They're also considering the feasibility of Batman's grappling hook and Robin's bo staff having their own shows.

No word on a WW show but I heard someone whispered to Grace Randolph over a drain pipe that WB might be considering but not sure about a WW show.
    Wait, but a guy whose uncle interned at WB Animation over a summer three years ago posted on their instagram a pic of Wonder Woman.

Clearly WW animated series is a top priority

I don't know if I'd call it a "serious" push but it's probably the most significant they've done with animation in a while.

Granted, without seeing the actual shows it's hard to gauge if they'll be quality or on par with some of the best DC shows. Like, What If was pretty inconsistent and hopefully Marvel Zombies will have a better tonal balance than the actual Zombies episode, they're making yet another high school Spider-Man cartoon this time even more derivative of the MCU, and we have to see whether they can make a revival of the 90's X-Men cartoon work.

So, like, it's cool, but it's not like they're making A-tier Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, and FF cartoons yet either.
    They had the upper hand in video games as well but with Guardians Marvel has finally achieved success with characters aside from Spidey in recent years. DC? Still not interested in anything that isn’t Batman or Batman related.
    Yeah, but Avengers was also a pretty big misstep. I know with Gotham Knights and SS we view that as Bat-Focused but I'm not expecting those to be bombs like Avengers.

Extraordinary Member

We get 4 new animated films at minimum every year what else do you want ? 10 more???

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    We get 4 new animated films at minimum every year what else do you want ? 10 more???
    I don't see Marvel doing stuff of the quality of the DC DTV's in my opinion.

Eh I feel like the overall quality of the recent DC animated movies has decreased over the years. It's not really like the 2000s where they were legit really good. There's def a vacuum there to slot into

Yeah, let's continue to pretend those films are as good as they were 10+ years ago.

Granted, Injustice being bad was well-earned egg in the face moment for that franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see Marvel doing stuff of the quality of the DC DTV's in my opinion.
    And the "serious push" consists of...

*checks list*

- the quasi MCU tie-in What If?
    - the quasi MCU tie-in Spider-Man prequel
    - the quasi MCU tie-in I Am Groot
    - the quasi MCU tie-in What If? spin-off Marvel Zombies
    - Continuation of 90's X-Men

If DC announced a slate of DCEU tie-in cartoons + a BTAS continuation, people would flip.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Eh I feel like the overall quality of the recent DC animated movies has decreased over the years. It's not really like the 2000s where they were legit really good. There's def a vacuum there to slot into
    I don't see Marvel doing something like the Long Halloween duology. Maybe in live-action, but still.

And two of those are Batman or Batman related usually! They still haven’t made a Flash solo film ffs. And even then the quality of those films has been uneven ever since they slashed the budget post Flashpoint

Marvel recently hired folks who worked on Legend of Korra. Yeah, they're serious about animation. What If was their warm up. We are probably going to get some seriously good shows in the upcoming years.

Since D+ just announced a continuation of the 90's X-Men show with some of the cast members returning, WB is probably going to do some rush cash grab attempt by reviving B:TAS and it will be polarizing.