Page 357 of 695 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    He's dating Cassie? Huh, didn't get that impression.

May that relationship have more screen time than Tim/Cassie if they're bothering, which shouldn't be too difficult, one minute of both of them on the same scene, not even necessarily talking with each other, is more than what Tim/Cassie got .
    I don't know if he is but he interacted with her a lot when she was having trouble with Tim in season 3, which is why I assume it might happen.

It is kind of sad how little Tim gets to talk anymore. Or how he had a relationship with Cassie when they barely talked on-screen. Who knows if he'll ever even get to talk with Spoiler at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if he is but he interacted with her a lot when she was having trouble with Tim in season 3, which is why I assume it might happen.
    Ah, alright.

It is kind of sad how little Tim gets to talk anymore. Or how he had a relationship with Cassie when they barely talked on-screen. Who knows if he'll ever even get to talk with Spoiler at this rate.
    I'm pretty sure they never even talked with each other on-screen in season 2 before that scene in the end made them be dating all of a sudden (And even then, I'm sure they still didn't talk to each other), it's to the point that Conner wondering when those two started dating can be seen as him being an audience surrogate lol.

After that, they hilariously break up on the first episode of season 3, and most of the "conversations" he has with Cassie is her trying to talk with him, either in person or phone, and he says nothing... Yeah, good writing.

If it happened between time skips it actually would look less silly, and funnily enough, she has better chemistry with Red Arrow, which's really scrapping the bottom of the barrel when all that happened is, he once complained about not getting a kiss after a mission was successful, and Cassie kissed him on the cheek, just that mild tease is more than the entire Tim/Cassie relationship, y'know, all 30 seconds of it.

So hey, if my boy Static has a girlfriend, maybe he'll do more than whine, unless they change the joke from "He doesn't have a girlfriend" to "He has a girlfriend and doesn't like it", or something equally stupid... Just, don't even have him around if something dumb like that's gonna be done with him lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'm pretty sure they never even talked with each other on-screen in season 2 before that scene in the end made them be dating all of a sudden (And even then, I'm sure they still didn't talk to each other), it's to the point that Conner wondering when those two started dating can be seen as him being an audience surrogate lol.

After that, they hilariously break up on the first episode of season 3, and most of the "conversations" he has with Cassie is her trying to talk with him, either in person or phone, and he says nothing... Yeah, good writing.

If it happened between time skips it actually would look less silly, and funnily enough, she has better chemistry with Red Arrow, which's really scrapping the bottom of the barrel when all that happened is, he once complained about not getting a kiss after a mission was successful, and Cassie kissed him on the cheek, just that mild tease is more than the entire Tim/Cassie relationship, y'know, all 30 seconds of it.

So hey, if my boy Static has a girlfriend, maybe he'll do more than whine, unless they change the joke from "He doesn't have a girlfriend" to "He has a girlfriend and doesn't like it", or something equally stupid... Just, don't even have him around if something dumb like that's gonna be done with him lol.
    It was Arsenal, not Red Arrow (clones, amirite?) but I feel the same.

A lot of the younger generation on the show deserves better spotlight in my opinion. Conner lucked out because they grandfathered him into Dicks' generation.

It was Arsenal, not Red Arrow (clones, amirite?) but I feel the same.
    Yeah, I know it was Arsenal (As in, I know Arsenal is the original, not the clone lol), I just made the even worse mistake of mixing up their names, even though, y'know, the violent ass has the more fitting "Arsenal" codename, and I didn't realize that somehow .

A lot of the younger generation on the show deserves better spotlight in my opinion. Conner lucked out because they grandfathered him into Dicks' generation.
    Yeah, him and M'Gann particularly got lucky with this, honestly, the one who has it worse when it comes to character development on the original Team is Kaldur'ahm, while he did get a focus episode back in season 1, his character lost the small amount of personality traits he had, so he just became a pragmatic, boring anti hero type, in season 2, and fact season 3 just repeated similar bullshit he pulled in season 2 doesn't help him at all, besides him looking incompetent all of a sudden, consequence of joining the League and not being Zatanna I guess...

But yeah, of the newer generation, problem seems to be that they get some focus in the season they debut in, then, just stop afterwards, Jaime is practically season 2's main character, and Static gets a decent amount of focus too, both are basically extras in season 3 because now it's time to focus on the drama around Geo Force and his family, but now Geo Force is gone too, and so far, Terra, Kenny-girl and Forager are extras, although because of the format season 4 has, very possible they'll get something later, so there's that at least.

In a way, the Team itself screws over the next generation, which's kinda ironic, but they're the only characters who keep showing up with a decent enough consistency, even if their role gets reduced, that screws over characters who could take their roles, and Tim is the most obviously screwed over one.

One thing I noticed when re-watching season 2 months ago is that Cassie gets a surprising amount of focus, while she's still basically sidelined, she gets some dialogue, is a heavy hitter to the point Black Beetle has to put some effort if she's around, and even has subtle character development, becoming less of a hothead when fighting, so that's nice.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Casting call for the JLD: Constantine series:

Well so much for "cast the best actor for the job". If it had been an open casting I'd likely still buy that, but the fact that they are specifically making sure the character has to look a certain way shows that doesn't appear to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well so much for "cast the best actor for the job". If it had been an open casting I'd likely still buy that, but the fact that they are specifically making sure the character has to look a certain way shows that doesn't appear to be the case.
    I'm going to have to say that I agree with this. If it wasn't for that screenshot, I would think they chose the actor, because he outperform the other counterparts for the role, who happens to be black. It's sad now, because I can't defend the casting when someone on the internet says he was clearly chosen for diversity. Usually when that kind of claim is made, people disregard the person's acting ability and talent. This is probably a terrible move.

Lol Abrams being involved meant it was never going to be anyone else. Still baffled they haven’t tapped him to do GL given they seem set on John Stewart being the star. Although given it’s Abrams he’d probably only be interested if he could make Hal the star and black
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I'm going to have to say that I agree with this. If it wasn't for that screenshot, I would think they chose the actor, because he outperform the other counterparts for the role, who happens to be black. It's sad now, because I can't defend the casting when someone on the internet says he was clearly chosen for diversity. Usually when that kind of claim is made, people disregard the person's acting ability and talent. This is probably a terrible move.
    Yeah I was hesitant to post that comment because I was worried it could open up that can of worms, when to me I just wanted to point out that sometimes those business practices do seem to come from the top and if this casting call is accurate, this seems to be an example of that. I'm actually surprised since some of the previous articles claimed they were looking for an actor like Riz Ahmed for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    This is probably a terrible move.
    People said the same about Starfire on Titans and the new Batwoman but now nobody cares.

Also, we've already had a POC Constantine before in Keanu.

I mean, Matt Ryan was pretty much the most comic-accurate casting you could get for Constantine, so I guess now they feel the need to reinvent the wheel and try to appear more diverse.

Although they had to write Matt Ryan's Constantine out of Legends because of this, so...

Is there a prominent Supernatural POC character? Like Crispus Allen as the Spectre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lol Abrams being involved meant it was never going to be anyone else. Still baffled they haven’t tapped him to do GL given they seem set on John Stewart being the star. Although given it’s Abrams he’d probably only be interested if he could make Hal the star and black
    Do we really want JJ Abrams to reboot another major sci-fi property?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    People said the same about Starfire on Titans and the new Batwoman but now nobody cares.

Also, we've already had a POC Constantine before in Keanu.
    I don't remember the Titans casting call, but was Starfire always mandated to look a specific way or was it an open casting call?

Since Ryan Wilder is a new character and they didn't recast Kate as a black woman, I still don't get what those complaints were all about.

As for Keanu, do most people even know he is mixed race? It's like with Dean Cain as Superman, I remember being shocked to find out he was half-Japanese.

I mean, Matt Ryan was pretty much the most comic-accurate casting you could get for Constantine, so I guess now they feel the need to reinvent the wheel and try to appear more diverse.

Although they had to write Matt Ryan's Constantine out of Legends because of this, so...

Is there a prominent Supernatural POC character? Like Crispus Allen as the Spectre.

Do we really want JJ Abrams to reboot another major sci-fi property?
    No but I’m just shocked WB seemingly doesn’t.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't remember the Titans casting call, but was Starfire always mandated to look a specific way or was it an open casting call?
    I'm tempted to think they were always planning to cast a black actress for Starfire because of the redhead thing but maybe it was still an open casting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No but I’m just shocked WB seemingly doesn’t.
    Here comes Green Lantern with lens flare .

I'm tempted to think they were always planning to cast a black actress for Starfire because of the redhead thing but maybe it was still an open casting.

Here comes Green Lantern with lens flare .
    His lantern ring will just have a lens flare over it for the whole movie.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~