Page 370 of 694 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 10408

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well we were talking about the difficulties of flight, it looks Deadshot can fly with a jet pack? Maybe I’m just being overly hopeful, but it kind of feels like you could take the gameplay for Captain Boomerang, Deadshot, and Killer Shark and make a good Superman or Flash game out of it. I hope maybe that’s exactly what WBM is going to do since I have no interest in SS
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I was surprised Boomerang knew Flash was Barry Allen, so I guess they read the Hall of Justice files on the heroes before their fights?

I was surprised Boomerang knew Flash was Barry Allen, so I guess they read the Hall of Justice files on the heroes before their fights?
    Waller knows their IDs and since she’s telling them to kill the JL, I’m guessing she doesn’t care if the Squad knows as well. But that actually makes me think the JL will die because I don’t know why you’d have the Squad learn the Leagues dirty secrets if you’re planning to keep the League around.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://youtu.be/MzqKblRuF0s

4k is much better

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Wonder Woman getting a video game is great news, and as an old, salty Superman fan, I hope the developers get right what Superman games in the past have gotten wrong every time. I really hope this one is special.
    Man I have to do some research about how bad Supes games have been, I only know Superman 64, and I doubt that one is the standard of how bad they were lol.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Superman only started flying because it was easier to animate than him jumping all the time. Would be funny if they had him go back to leaping tall buildings in a single bound because that's easier for a game.
    It could work if they pulled a Golden Age/New 52 and have him with less powers to specifically remove flight and superspeed, but that just can't be a permanent thing if it gets more than one game, at least him being able to fly is too iconic, and even if there is in-universe justifications, the game would be really mocked for not allowing him to fly...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well we were talking about the difficulties of flight, it looks Deadshot can fly with a jet pack? Maybe I’m just being overly hopeful, but it kind of feels like you could take the gameplay for Captain Boomerang, Deadshot, and Killer Shark and make a good Superman or Flash game out of it. I hope maybe that’s exactly what WBM is going to do since I have no interest in SS
    Man, how fucking ironic it'd be if Diana can't fly, but Deadshot can lol.

Anyways, a Flash game, the real problem would be to be able to control that speed, a slow motion mechanic could be used to a certain extent, but he has to be fast...

One thing a Flash game can benefit from is making human enemies with guns be as aggressive as actual human enemies with guns can be, which means, very, making a mechanic where Flash can eseentially dance around bullets would be beautiful if well done, but holy **** it would be fucking cancerous to make it work lol.

Clark has the advantage of being able to toss him into places where his powers can be limited in a way that makes sense: The Phantom Zone for example is the place I had a Superman game set in my own pitch. Warworld is also another option.

Funnily enough I had been thinking about doing a write up of a WW game pitch and it’s basically what we’re getting: set on Themyscaria and open world

Extraordinary Member

It would be in their briefing before arriving, but no way boomer reads that

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Clark has the advantage of being able to toss him into places where his powers can be limited in a way that makes sense: The Phantom Zone for example is the place I had a Superman game set in my own pitch. Warworld is also another option.

Funnily enough I had been thinking about doing a write up of a WW game pitch and it’s basically what we’re getting: set on Themyscaria and open world
    I was mulling it over with Bored and another setting is having her go to Olympus and traverse the biomes of Greek mythology in an interconnected world kind of similar to what you'd see in Breath of the Wild or whathaveyou. So long as you keep Diana in a mythical setting, you don't need to depower her the same as Clark going cosmic. Warworld is the obvious choice, as Clark can actually be the underdog without need of a red sun explanation.

It's space. Anything can happen out there.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Greek mythology games are a dime a dozen. Wonder Woman's DC created Rogue's Gallery need to be the Big Bads here.

Like the Golden Age/New 52 solutions I mentioned before, those ideas are temporary, we could have stuff like this, or Superman being in, I dunno, a world with an orange sun, and he's allergic to orange sun, if her flies too high for too long his allergies kill him or whatever... The point is, the games can't really keep making excuses and have Supes' flight be limited in silly ways for long, he at some point has to be able to fly without too many limits lol.

So DC has three triple A games to be released in the upcoming years. Gotham Knights, Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman.

There is a rumored second game being made by WB Montreal. Give me a Superman game and i'm really happy with this line up.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Like the Golden Age/New 52 solutions I mentioned before, those ideas are temporary, we could have stuff like this, or Superman being in, I dunno, a world with an orange sun, and he's allergic to orange sun, if her flies too high for too long his allergies kill him or whatever... The point is, the games can't really keep making excuses and have Supes' flight be limited in silly ways for long, he at some point has to be able to fly without too many limits lol.
    True. Ultimately I think you can just make a Superman game and let him have his powers and just… say it’s a video game. He has a health bar for the same reason Batman has health regeneration even though that’s not a canon “power” Batman has. It’s an adaption of the character, things get adjusted to make him fun to play. Sure some people will complain, but people always complain, if the game is good then people will play it.

True. Ultimately I think you can just make a Superman game and let him have his powers and just… say it’s a video game. He has a health bar for the same reason Batman has health regeneration even though that’s not a canon “power” Batman has. It’s an adaption of the character, things get adjusted to make him fun to play. Sure some people will complain, but people always complain, if the game is good then people will play it.
    Yeah, there is no need to overthink Superman in a video-game setting.

Dante from DMC can be impaled by multiple swords in a cutscene and still get his ass kicked in gameplay. Thor and Hulk can be defeated by a bunch of robots in the Avengers game too.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

People will play a game even if it's not good if Cyberpunk 2077 and Fallout 76 are any hint...

Anyways, yeah, stuff like his invulnerability would likely get nerfed so he actually can be defeated by random mooks, and that's okay-ish.

Full time flight and possibly cheesing with heat vision and super breath sounds more complicated, though, I guess it could similar to DMC's pistols, where you can kill everything with them, but it'd take too long and getting close and punching enemies in the face is more damaging, and if an excuse is needed, can always say Supes doesn't make heat vision too hot 'cause he's not trying to kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Dante from DMC can be impaled by multiple swords in a cutscene and still get his ass kicked in gameplay.
    I mean, even though Dante is really tough, he's not invincible, him eventually getting killed from being attacked too much ain't far fetched lol.

Thor and Hulk can be defeated by a bunch of robots in the Avengers game too.
    In a game with multiple characters, some will be nerfed while others get buffed, so it works differently from solo games, and the multiple-character-games don't even have to follow how strong the characters are in the comics.

Take Ultimate Alliance 1 for example, the Fantastic Four are in it, who's the strongest member? Is it Sue who's usually the strongest one? Ben with his super strength? Johnny with his super nova heat? The answer is none of these, it's Reed, and he doesn't even use any fancy devices, he's glitched and hits ways harder than he should lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Dante from DMC can be impaled by multiple swords in a cutscene and still get his ass kicked in gameplay. Thor and Hulk can be defeated by a bunch of robots in the Avengers game too.
    Exactly Kratos is a beast in cutscenes but in gameplay, you can get killed by a couple weak wolves. When Cory Barlog was asked about that, he basically said something like 'it's a video game, at the end of the day the game has to be balanced and fun'. It's just the nature of the medium, no need to think that hard about it