Page 374 of 695 FirstFirst ... 274324364370371372373374375376377378384424474 ... LastLast
Results 5,596 to 5,610 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Zatara is so underutilized in DC it kind of hurts.
    Yeah especially with the fact he is among the earliest popular DC characters with Superman and Lois Lane since Action Comic #1

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Since his daughter is a grown woman he would be a bit old no ?
    Yeps , a bit old around 50 years, still maintaining his black hair. I guess YJ Season 1 capture Giovanni age nicely.

Rough start for Zee in her own arc, from teaching her students to also learning new perspective harshly. With Vandal gone and initiative in her hands to gather allies, hope we can delve more to her in upcoming episodes. Vandal backstory arguably already covering both chaos and order side history, with continous share of information from Phantom Stranger to Vandal, Vandal to Nabu, I guess there are gonna talk between Nabu and Zatanna along with ailing Giovanni situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Reading that backstory I can see why. It feels needlessly convoluted.
    I don't think it would be that hard to streamline it.

Extraordinary Member

Will her student Count as sentinels of magic?
    I’m curious to how many they will be recruiting. Child has the power of 7, and if she manages to destroy and absorb klarion then it be like fighting 8 klarions.

I’m guessing 8 sentinels but I’m not counting phantom, bet his but vanishes when it time to fight.

3238B7D2-1A1E-4657-A0F1-229D39C30B0E.jpg

Will her student Count as sentinels of magic?
    I’m curious to how many they will be recruiting. Child has the power of 7, and if she manages to destroy and absorb klarion then it be like fighting 8 klarions.

I’m guessing 8 sentinels but I’m not counting phantom, bet his but vanishes when it time to fight.

3238B7D2-1A1E-4657-A0F1-229D39C30B0E.jpg
    She called them Sentinels in the first episode of her arc so they should count. I imagine the name will stick and be expanded by the end of them, in the event of a magical emergency, much like the current one.

Fate and Blue Devil seem like the obvious additions and Xanadu returning would avoid another introduction. Of course, maybe Tempest and Shazam since they are in the comics and exist in-universe. Not like we'll see much of them when they finish Zatanna's arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Zatara is so underutilized in DC it kind of hurts.
    Zatanna being far more popular does him no favors, yeah lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Reading that backstory I can see why. It feels needlessly convoluted.
    Considering they're showing Vandal's needlessly convoluted background story here, Zatanna's mother's isn't that bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    She called them Sentinels in the first episode of her arc so they should count. I imagine the name will stick and be expanded by the end of them, in the event of a magical emergency, much like the current one.

Fate and Blue Devil seem like the obvious additions and Xanadu returning would avoid another introduction. Of course, maybe Tempest and Shazam since they are in the comics and exist in-universe. Not like we'll see much of them when they finish Zatanna's arc.
    I wonder if we'll see Shazam if only to explain why Mary doesn't transform anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if we'll see Shazam if only to explain why Mary doesn't transform anymore.
    Do we know exactly when Jason died and when she joined? It's possible she doesn't transform 'cause she was in the Team at the time and blames herself for his death, 'cause her reasons for not transforming sound personal.

Tula is another possibility, but I think that Legacy game has her death in it, and it might be canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Do we know exactly when Jason died and when she joined? It's possible she doesn't transform 'cause she was in the Team at the time and blames herself for his death, 'cause her reasons for not transforming sound personal.

Tula is another possibility, but I think that Legacy game has her death in it, and it might be canon.
    I get the sense that she would transform if she could, because she still acts like a Superhero more than a magic user, but there's something (like maybe she can't drain away from Billy or something) preventing her from doing it.

Jason joined/died between 2012-2015 in-universe.

Extraordinary Member

I am sure a flashback is on its way. Mary Marvel is a sentinel of magic so she has to get over it and transform.

I get the sense that she would transform if she could, because she still acts like a Superhero more than a magic user, but there's something (like maybe she can't drain away from Billy or something) preventing her from doing it.
    Well, while she acts like a hero, she is taking magic lessons from Zatanna, and Zatanna even tells her that she's still thinking like a super hero, sounds like she's trying to do more, but habits are a bitch to get rid of.

And again, it seems to be more personal than anything, she says she was just a kid, and that she had to give up power because she was a kid, and before both of those are mentioned she even hesitates to say her previous codename, so yeah, seems to be personal and not much else.

Jason joined/died between 2012-2015 in-universe.
    Hm, YJ wiki says she joined the Team in 2013 and left before 2015, depending on when Jason joined, it could be related... If so, maybe Dick's episodes will reveal what's up, if not, maybe next season if we're lucky lol.

Well, while she acts like a hero, she is taking magic lessons from Zatanna, and Zatanna even tells her that she's still thinking like a super hero, sounds like she's trying to do more, but habits are a bitch to get rid of.

And again, it seems to be more personal than anything, she says she was just a kid, and that she had to give up power because she was a kid, and before both of those are mentioned she even hesitates to say her previous codename, so yeah, seems to be personal and not much else.
    I think she's only taking magic lessons with Zatanna because she's trying to still be a hero because she can't use her powers how she's normally used to. It didn't sound like she was 100% happy with having to give up transforming, and she can't even say it anymore.

I think she's only taking magic lessons with Zatanna because she's trying to still be a hero because she can't use her powers how she's normally used to. It didn't sound like she was 100% happy with having to give up transforming, and she can't even say it anymore.
    I dunno about that, she uses her can use the powers just fine, unless something's wrong and she can't use all of them at once for whatever reason.

Oh well, time may tell, "may" because YJ doesn't necessarily explain stuff, and these last episodes haven't been about the good guys so far...

Gotham Knights show in development for the CW

The CW is looking to further build on its DC comics-inspired programming slate with Gotham Knights, a drama in the works from Batwoman executive producers Chad Fiveash & James Stoteraux and the show’s executive story editor Natalie Abrams. The project comes from Greg Brlanti’s Berlanti Productions, which is behind the CW’s Arrowverse, and Warner Bros. TV, where the company is based.

Written by Abrams, Fiveash & Stoteraux, Gothom Knights is based on Gotham Knights characters from the DC comics created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger. In the wake of Bruce Wayne’s murder, his rebellious adopted son forges an unlikely alliance with the children of Batman’s enemies when they are all framed for killing the Caped Crusader. And as the city’s most wanted criminals, this renegade band of misfits must fight to clear their names. But in a Gotham with no Dark Knight to protect it, the city descends into the most dangerous it’s ever been. However, hope comes from the most unexpected of places as this team of mismatched fugitives will become its next generation of saviors known as the Gotham Knights.
    I dunno about that, she uses her can use the powers just fine, unless something's wrong and she can't use all of them at once for whatever reason.

Oh well, time may tell, "may" because YJ doesn't necessarily explain stuff, and these last episodes haven't been about the good guys so far...
    But she's probably nowhere near as effective as she was when she was using the full powers, because she was basically a female Billy.

Extraordinary Member

Gotham Knights show in development for the CW

But she's probably nowhere near as effective as she was when she was using the full powers, because she was basically a female Billy.
    can billy uses powers out of form?

can billy uses powers out of form?
    He's never tried before, but granted if Mary could I don't see why he couldn't. Or Freddy.