Page 380 of 694 FirstFirst ... 280330370376377378379380381382383384390430480 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 10410
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Im also wondering why they haven't explored or talked about teen heroes who operate outside of the League and aren't interested in being under their thumb. Same with adults. Not everyone should fall under this giant JL banner. I love Stargirl but why is she an Outsider? She should be with the JSA doing their own thing.

Yeah that could be a cool idea. Maybe they will do it one day

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Im also wondering why they haven't explored or talked about teen heroes who operate outside of the League and aren't interested in being under their thumb. Same with adults. Not everyone should fall under this giant JL banner. I love Stargirl but why is she an Outsider? She should be with the JSA doing their own thing.
    And how did Stargirl go from being an internet blogger/interviewer who looked like she's in her 20's to a Superhero who looks like a teenager?

I think JSA already defunct. In Young Justice there are active back then during World War 2 with Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Kent Nelson, The Wildcat, The Sandman, Red Tornado

Justice_Society_of_America.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I thought Artemis actually started a lot of their spats.

Their first interaction is her making fun of him in front of the team and members of the League after he tripped. Then on the mission in the episode, she stirs things up again with the "pot meet kettle" comment. She rightfully calls him out in "Denial", she resorts to insulting him when he tests their newfound civility near the end of "Bereft", and she's constantly shown to hit/punch him whenever she thinks he's being an idiot despite knowing he doesn't like it.

She also threw all of his faith and trust in her back in his face at the end of "Insecurity" which led to him calling her out.

That's not to say Wally doesn't have a time or two of being the instigator such as him complaining when she's trying to free him at the end of the episode with Red Tornado's "siblings" attack the base. But the idea that Artemis was some innocent victim that he picked on that some fans throw out isn't true. Though the dynamic comes across that way based on how the show handled both sides.
    Yeah my memory about their interactions are a bit vague now that I try to think of more specific situations besides the ones I listed, I'll check out season 1 episodes later and see how they went lol.

Pretty sure him obnoxiously flirting with M'Gann and Artemis reacting to that with annoyance happens with some frequency though.

While im fine with YJ never having an "ending" they definitely need to wrap up The Light storyline and move on to something else. It isn't something that should continue YJs infinite life span.
    And if that's not an option, at least use more its other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally I usually see pretty tasteful Mary Marvel art (at least in comparison to, like, Supergirl). I think the worst case was probably "evil" Mary Marvel with the extremely short skirt but there's a reason we don't talk about that.
    spoilers:
    Because she used Kyle as a bat?
    end of spoilers

And, like, at this point Superheroes in skintight onesie's are a dime-a-dozen so it's probably good to find something to stand out in.
    Yeah, her costume is just Billy's but white, doesn't look as good.

I think the Darkseid storyline would end but the series would probably just go on to a new conflict and keep the Light around. Although probably not this season with the rate things are going.
    The thing is that we had season 1 with the Light being the main threat while someone else helps them, then season 2 shows it's Darkseid, season 3 shows both the Light and Darkseid, and season 4, weirdly enough, neither of them so far lol.

The point I'm making is that YJ mostly showed these two, and while we did get the Reach in season 2, they were temporary, the focus was always the Light and Darkseid, if both are gone, the main threats are basically gone too, but at least season 4 is showing other unrelated threats.

It is kind of funny to think that Mary needed a memory of Billy to actually get through her test and that her Hero form was actually scared of teen Billy. Like, is Billy supposed to be her conscience or something? Is she subconsciously afraid of him? Is her big brother that intimidating?
    It's weird he does most of the talking to Sergeant, while it may be her consciousness speaking, again, weird.

And I say "may" because that could be Billy himself showing up there, in case he replaced the Wizard and all, and I hope it's not the case, 'cause it kinda makes Mary look pathetic that she needed Billy to make "Sergeant" back away lol.

True. I brought up Vic though because I remember some complaints that we were getting the "same old, same old" origin story for him when he was first introduced.
    Isn't it still "same old" in a way? 'Cause it's the third time we see the father/mother box origin, and it's the one done the most in media outside the comics.

Speaking of Vic, maybe he should be the one to try to talk to Gar.
    Good point, why isn't he helping Garfied? Guy has depression, some pep talk could help

Not to mention Trigon!Superman.
    That was in another movie right? Or did it happen in Apokolips War too?

I think they've talked about introducing her. Whether they'd do much with her is probably up to the writers.
    I remember hearing that she was planned to be introduced in season 3, but they removed her 'cause she wouldn't do much as a character, so the possibility is up in the air, but nothing's confirmed.

Thinking of it, if my theory about Conner having his own episodes with the Legion is correct, then maybe Kara could be alluded to in it, maybe not show up though lol.

Yeah, but maybe it gave Deathstroke the edge he needed to take over while Ra's recovered.
    That would have to be a very slow resurrection for Slade to manage to take it over just like that lol.

Jason's kind of confusing because he seems like he's been indoctrinated and brainwashed but Ra's seemed amused by his re-awakening memories and he was in the Sensei therapy circle.
    He was amused but still hasn't done anything about telling anyone from the Bat-family, which's why I say he's still more on the villain side.

It's possible that Jason's memories returned and he doesn't want the rest to know, but that would be shitty of him lol.

I think Talia will be responsible for rearing Damian into the little terror we know and hate to love...
    Yeah she was looking at Ra's speech about family but doesn't react to it, she could always think that mentality is ridiculous and leave to raise Damian on her own.

I know they said they didn't kill Barry off because they didn't think audiences would feel the death if it wasn't a main character, but I think more people would've been fine with Barry biting it and Wally having to mentor Bart/take over for him.
    Yeah, while Barry got more attention in season 2, it wasn't enough, if he died it'd be whatever.

Then again it also would've left the Tornado Twins fatherless, but...
    True lol.

I'm starting to get tired of that phrase.
    I got tired of it as soon as I heard its variation from episode 9, the repetition is not helping...

I guess it would be nice to finally have Zatanna and her fathers' backstory in her arc rather than just have Zee stand around and just let the plot happen like she's been doing the past two episodes.
    Yeah, 3 episodes in, next episode is probably the last one, I don't think we can say it's "her" arc anymore lol.

Like I said before, looks like the League's nerfs have finally gotten to her, now she's as useless as everyone else .

I liked the puppets and confirming Traci and Jaime are still dating (even if we never see the relationship),
    Ah right, she's dating Jaime... I legit forgot she was even introduced before this season lol.

It is kind of funny that the Light just got dealt a major blow and lost one of their heavy hitters and the heroes had nothing to do with it and the Child could care less about the Light.
    I would say Child cares about the Light, since she specifically mentions Klarion working for Vandal as being contradictory to his goals, since she considers Vandal to be practically a Lord of Order, there's at least some aminosity there.

But yeah, if Klarion doesn't return from this, this the biggest blow Light ever got to their members, 'cause while at the end of season 2 they lost Brain, he got replaced by Ultra Humanite, but if Klarion is out of the picture, even if they pick up another magician, Klarion specifically was the biggest magician related heavy hitter, with good reason, since whenever he was defeated, Fate was involved in some way, including trapping him inside Fate's tower lol.

JSA doesn't seem to be active anymore if Jay is any hint.

As for other heroes, YJ's world seems to be really unified with those super hero groups, so I doubt there are a lot of 'em not part of the League, but if there are those not on the League, unlikely for 'em to get a focus 'cause the cartoon can struggle to give enough focus to the Team as is lol.

Hell, YJ itself can be pretty vague with how much the Light controls the super villains, while small crimes seem to be their own doing, any sort of big crime seems to be the Light's doing.

And how did Stargirl go from being an internet blogger/interviewer who looked like she's in her 20's to a Superhero who looks like a teenager?
    She doesn't look that different to me lol.

Maybe it's the way the mask covers her face, but again, doesn't look that different.

Also, man, had forgotten this but, episode 11 made her look like a bitch to Garfield, Conner died, he's finally managing to sleep, and she decided to wake him up to complain about him sleeping.

While sure, if he was sleeping too much it could be a problem, but, just recently he was struggling to sleep at all, she really was having an attitude problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I think JSA already defunct. In Young Justice there are active back then during World War 2 with Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, Kent Nelson, The Wildcat, The Sandman, Red Tornado

Yeah I doubt they're still around, if Jay is any hint, the heroes aged and retired, which's fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And if that's not an option, at least use more its other members.
    The Pieter Cross Dr. Mid-Nite had a cameo in season 1.
    spoilers:
    Because she used Kyle as a bat?
    end of spoilers
    Ugh....
    Yeah, her costume is just Billy's but white, doesn't look as good.
    Uniformity isn't always a good thing.
    It's weird he does most of the talking to Sergeant, while it may be her consciousness speaking, again, weird.

And I say "may" because that could be Billy himself showing up there, in case he replaced the Wizard and all, and I hope it's not the case, 'cause it kinda makes Mary look pathetic that she needed Billy to make "Sergeant" back away lol.
    I was wondering if she imagined a train station because that's usually the entrance to the Rock of Eternity.
    Isn't it still "same old" in a way? 'Cause it's the third time we see the father/mother box origin, and it's the one done the most in media outside the comics.
    Yeah, but it was executed well in my opinion.
    Good point, why isn't he helping Garfied? Guy has depression, some pep talk could help
    Why isn't anyone helping Garfield?
    That was in another movie right? Or did it happen in Apokolips War too?
    It was in Apokolips War too.
    That would have to be a very slow resurrection for Slade to manage to take it over just like that lol.
    Fair.
    He was amused but still hasn't done anything about telling anyone from the Bat-family, which's why I say he's still more on the villain side.

It's possible that Jason's memories returned and he doesn't want the rest to know, but that would be shitty of him lol.
    A lot needs to be explained...
    Yeah, 3 episodes in, next episode is probably the last one, I don't think we can say it's "her" arc anymore lol.

Like I said before, looks like the League's nerfs have finally gotten to her, now she's as useless as everyone else .
    We've got two more episodes.
    Ah right, she's dating Jaime... I legit forgot she was even introduced before this season lol.
    I'm kind of not surprised .
    I would say Child cares about the Light, since she specifically mentions Klarion working for Vandal as being contradictory to his goals, since she considers Vandal to be practically a Lord of Order, there's at least some aminosity there.

But yeah, if Klarion doesn't return from this, this the biggest blow Light ever got to their members, 'cause while at the end of season 2 they lost Brain, he got replaced by Ultra Humanite, but if Klarion is out of the picture, even if they pick up another magician, Klarion specifically was the biggest magician related heavy hitter, with good reason, since whenever he was defeated, Fate was involved in some way, including trapping him inside Fate's tower lol.
    Who is going to portal them away when the bad guys need to get away and they don't have a Motherbox?
    She doesn't look that different to me lol.

Maybe it's the way the mask covers her face, but again, doesn't look that different.
    She's seemed younger to me ever since we saw her as Stargirl.
    Also, man, had forgotten this but, episode 11 made her look like a bitch to Garfield, Conner died, he's finally managing to sleep, and she decided to wake him up to complain about him sleeping.

While sure, if he was sleeping too much it could be a problem, but, just recently he was struggling to sleep at all, she really was having an attitude problem there.
    It doesn't really make sense that she'd be trying to talk to Garfield instead of, say, Cassie, but of course Cassie just stands there mutely reacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post

With legacy being so big, I would find it hard to believe that that the JSA died with the OG members.

The Pieter Cross Dr. Mid-Nite had a cameo in season 1.
    Ah, alright.

Why isn't anyone helping Garfield?
    Clearly, they're impersonating the Avengers .

We've got two more episodes.
    You sure? Each arc has been 4 episodes, and while the cartoon having 26 episodes means two arcs will have 5 (Or one will have 6), I really would not want it to be this one, I'm sick of slideshows...

Who is going to portal them away when the bad guys need to get away and they don't have a Motherbox?
    Why wouldn't they have a motherbox anyways? It's not something you should be forgetting home lol.

It doesn't really make sense that she'd be trying to talk to Garfield instead of, say, Cassie, but of course Cassie just stands there mutely reacting.
    Cassie learned that from Tim .

With legacy being so big, I would find it hard to believe that that the JSA died with the OG members.
    It's not like super-heroing died with them, Justice League continues JSA in spirit t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶e̶t̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶L̶e̶a̶g̶u̶e̶.

Also man, YJ wiki mentions that Diana started super-heroing early enough that she was part of All Star Squadron, I was just checking out random info about ASS and saw that, it's just sad that info likely won't ever be relevant lol.

You sure? Each arc has been 4 episodes, and while the cartoon having 26 episodes means two arcs will have 5 (Or one will have 6), I really would not want it to be this one, I'm sick of slideshows...
    Yeah, episode 13 is part of this arc:
    13 | “Kaerb Ym Traeh!"
    Logline:
    Zatanna and the Sentinels of Magic gain unlikely allies, but the new alliance may not be enough.

Yeah, episode 13 is part of this arc:
    Kcuf ym efil...

Maybe I won't watch anything next week, just so in two weeks I get to finish this arc at once, 'cause those slideshows and the plot moving at the incredible speed of a snail with not much happening, it's getting annoying... Or maybe I will watch it next week, 'cause as much as episode 11 was mostly meh, the ending was kinda hype... Oh well, hope the next 5 episode arc isn't as filled with fucking slideshows.

Also guess it's a good thing I'm not really a Zatanna fan, she's cool but, if I were a fan, saw her in the intro and thought she was gonna get her own story arc, and got this... I'd be way more disappointed.

But hey, two episodes left, maybe we got so many flashbacks to save budget for something epic later on, or maybe not that much but we get something cool either way, and if I'm lucky these last episodes are as bad as season 4 gets, and hopefully this isn't denial speaking.

Kcuf ym efil...

Maybe I won't watch anything next week, just so in two weeks I get to finish this arc at once, 'cause those slideshows and the plot moving at the incredible speed of a snail with not much happening, it's getting annoying... Or maybe I will watch it next week, 'cause as much as episode 11 was mostly meh, the ending was kinda hype... Oh well, hope the next 5 episode arc isn't as filled with fucking slideshows.

Also guess it's a good thing I'm not really a Zatanna fan, she's cool but, if I were a fan, saw her in the intro and thought she was gonna get her own story arc, and got this... I'd be way more disappointed.

But hey, two episodes left, maybe we got so many flashbacks to save budget for something epic later on, or maybe not that much but we get something cool either way, and if I'm lucky these last episodes are as bad as season 4 gets, and hopefully this isn't denial speaking.
    The show will be going on a 2-3 month hiatus after 13 anyway so you'll have plenty of time to catch up.

Hopefully the next arc leaves out the photo montages.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    A big no to Circe as a member of the Light! There's no way she'd be taking orders from some human. If they need another woman on the team then literally anyone in WW's Rogues Gallery would make more sense.
    Clearly this was 'Angle Man's time to shine.

Her meeting Giovanni and faking her own death are whatever yes, I was just saying that these points could be shown to explain who she is so Zatanna can go to the Homo Magi city to kick some ass.
    If only that was the show.

I'm pretty sure ASS itself is a retcon, there was only JSA, then ASS comic was created to explain and expand stuff about Earth-2, which's how we got All Star Squadron.

Checking it out here, Zatanna's Secret Origin issue mentions he was part of ASS, but says nothing of JSA:

Also was "All Star Squadron" picked to have this abreviation intentionally? Lol
    I don't think it was picked intentionally. Probably nobody realizes how it would sound when abbreviated.

Yeah, he wasn't in the JSA. His original adventures didn't involve any other heroes. Him being part of the All Star Squadron is a retcon but then again, the whole team was.

If that's the case, not only does this story itself not point it out (And JLA#161 has Zatanna referencing a typo in JLA#51 to explain that a villain has been trying to brainwash Hal since back then, so it's not like Conway was shying away from explanations), then it doesn't explain why Zatanna herself didn't feel attraction towards them, and considering that story created this weird idea, a mention of this "fatal attraction" affecting the Leaguers would make sense lol.
    Well she is a half breed. But yeah, this plot point is better left ignored than further ruminated upon. It's just so weird in an arc that had some otherwise good ideas.

I saw those pages in Zatanna's page at the wiki, wasn't aware of that third one, hopefully Barry wasn't pinning for Iris at the time... But then again, Conway had Spidey kissing Jean Grey when he was still dating Gwen lol.

Either way that is a nice costume, still prefer the classic look, but this one could be used once in a while too.
    Iris was presumed dead at the time [later revealed to have been in the future] and Barry hitting an early mid-life crisis at that stage. Nothing ever really came of the flirtation between him and Zee.

That fucking harem, as bad as the cartoon makes it look like, the tie-in comics make it worse, 'cause when it reaches season 2, there's a scene where Zatanna kisses dick with Barbara smirking at it, he gets a kiss on the cheek from Rocket soon after, and before these, he had sex with Betty Kane, and less than 24 hours later he has sex with Barbara, it's so dumb.

I guess you can say that's what would happen if a bunch of teens were living together in a cave with the only supervision being a robot, but only Dick fucks around literally like this, as far as we've seen at least.
    Yeah, either his relationships were all super casual or he was slipped each a rolled wad of 100's offscreen to make him look good on his birthday. Reminded me of Wally's dream sequence with him surrounded by all the girls in the Messner-Loebs run. All that was missing from that comic was Babs letting out a breathy "Diiiiccckk' as she and Dick fell into bed just like in those old cheesy Bond films.

It's also weird Weisman used the excuse of "Zatanna was a teenager at first, but then was aged up to be around Batman's age" to excuse this idea of teenager Zatanna to hang out with Dick, 'cause while she may have been a teen (It's hard to tell since she barely looks any different in her debut compared to how she looks now), she was still on the older side to the point she had adventures with the League before she joined it, and probably never teamed up with Titans before she joined the League (At least, the appearances I see her having in Titan comics are all after she joined the League).
    Yeah, she definitely wasn't a teenager when she was introduced. Younger than Bruce/Hal/Barry/Ray sure but definitely not a teen. In her introductory arc, she said that she has been searching for her father for years. Later stories would reveal that her father disappeared when she was 18. JLA #161 stated that her journey took 3 years. So at best, she was 21 when she found her father (JLA #51 1966) and Dick wouldn't go off to college until 1969. If anything she was closer to Babs in age who was 7 years older than Dick in Pre Crisis continuity.

To think that if Raven is introduced, she may be younger than Garfield...

Thinking of it, season 3 could've been a good time to introduce Starfire.

Anyways, Raven, I'm not exactly sure we're going to get her, 'cause Trigon is a big deal as a villain, and a big deal to her as a character, and YJ's big villains are generally only The Light and Darkseid, not really sure Trigon would be added as a third force, even if it's just for one season, but then again, that time traveler may be independent, and it's possible Child will stick around, so who knows.
    I think they are holding off on Starfire since they want to explore M'gann/Mars more.

With Raven, yeah, there is no way to avoid Trigon but that story has always been done to death. Though I wouldn't mind if Raven was one of Zatanna's students. They might have a better chemistry than Zee and Mary Marvel.

Huh, yeah, Zachary on the Team could work, kind of a shame he's not part of that magic group Zatanna has, though that could be excused as him being more advanced than them or somethin'.
    I'm not sure if he even exists in this universe. Though tbf, he showed up pretty randomly in the main universe as well.

He's also the guy who makes Abin Sur scared enough of using his ring and goes for spaceships.
    And inspired Hal Jordan to become a test pilot so he was fated to meet Abin Sur. Cut to another slide show flashback of him introducing Ras to the Lazarus Pits.

Yeah I get that, I just don't find the idea of magic coming from this convenient dimension that exists only to draw magic from as that interesting of an idea.
    We can agree to disagree. Though I don't think magic dimension should even be the primary source of magic anyway.

That sounds cool, though now I'm wondering if Guardians were doing it for actual good reasons of if they were being ******* control freaks lol.
    With them, it's a bit of both.

I've noticed Weisman likes to have stuff more or less like it was in silver/bronze age, lack of Speed Force is one, Batman's actual characterization in seasons 1 and 2 is another, which's actually hilarious, characters talk about him like he's the usual Batman, but is actually nice to the point he's a good father for Dick, and because of that, we see Dick lying to his friends like Batman would in season 2, before Batman actually does it, in season 3 lol.
    Dick not wanting to be as 'dark' as Bruce doesn't even make much sense since E16 Bruce is shown to remarkably well adjusted and almost always has the moral high ground. He was even trying to get Superman to not be a dead beat Dad. lol

That one is the closest thing I've seen of a speedster showing how powerful they would be if the writing wasn't holding them back as much lol.
    Plus his design on that show was slicker and he was genuinely cool and charming and didn't come off as a try hard like the YJ version does.

Well, that was an info that's been around for a while waiting to be used, I remember hearing years ago that Xanadu actually learned magic afterwards, which season 4 finally showed, it's possible that was always the plan even, which's somehow even worse to plan her to start as a Charlatan who becomes the real thing, instead of realizing that Xanadu being a charlatan is bad and retconning to fix it lol.

Y'know, reading all of this, they could at least excuse YJ's Xanadu being a charlatan by using this plot point about her losing her magic, and also making her be amnesiac, so at least a "fated encounter" with Kent Nelson could be what makes her recover her magic by actually seeing the real thing.

At least that way there could be a better excuse for her to be a charlatan, and while we'd still have the "She didn't know magic but now she does", it would be slightly more faithful to her comics version at least by description.
    I don't think it was planned like that from the start. They are likely just adjusting things as they learned more about the characters. Otherwise they could have shown Xanadu and Savage encountering each other through the centuries.

There is also Immortal Man who is meant to be Savage's opposite number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortal_Man

This century spanning conflict might be more interesting if other immortal characters were more involved.

It would be kind of hilarious if they introduce the Immortal Gentleman's Club housed in the Legion of Doom base from Scott Snyder .

Spectacular Member

I actually normally really like the Vandal Savage flashback stuff even if it's mostly slideshows. Evolution was my favorite S3 ep, I thought the whole deal with him, Klarion and Atlantis was pretty fascinating and an interesting twist on Arion and stuff. But the one in 11 was just meh, learning how Nabu became a Lord of Order was important but it was totally unnecessary to make Vandal and Klarion the reason Starro invaded back in Babylonia. He's Starro the Conqueror, he's an evil Space Starfish that conquers things. He saw Earth and tried to conquer it and Vandal and co stopped him. The end. That's all that was needed they didn't need to add stuff on top of that. And Vandal getting so frustrated over something as minor as his generals being impetuous felt OOC for how he's been presented so far even in the past as such a big picture guy, just seemed too petty for him.

Kinda think they should of placed some these flashbacks in the Artemis arc even if watching week to week it'd feel weird it'd come together here and lets be honest while the Artemis arc was really solid.. it had pretty much nothing to do with the overall main plot, being essentially a story about two things: Lady Shiva trying to get Cass back to her side and Artemis's and Jades relationship when you get down to it. And hell Cassandra Savage was there to narrate.

I'm only responding to the general discussion of YJ since I haven't read this thread in a while. Prior seasons have been pretty good but this one has been so boring I stopped watching an episode or two ago. If DC, any DC anything, never goes to Mars again it will be too soon for me. And I never want to hear the oh-so-cute term "whelmed" again. Ugh.