Page 397 of 695 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447497 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,955 of 10425

I gotta give Zatanna's arc a C grade. This was more in the Supernatural world than her.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    What really sets it apart is that it came about from a line of action figures rather than the other way around. Hence the notion that it was designed to get more eyes on the toy line than anything else.
    Since Beware the Batman was cancelled because Mattel didn't want to make toys for it, I am going to guess Batman Unlimited was what they wanted: A commercial for toys where they had more control. Beware was admittedly less toyetic in contrast.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Combined with the Young Justice cancellation for toy sales, you’d have to draw the conclusion that toy sales would equal more content, but, as we saw with their example where they got everything they wanted, e.g. Batman Unlimited, it was still cancelled after roughly two years. So, I’m left with the feeling that they have commitment issues when it comes to DC content.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Combined with the Young Justice cancellation for toy sales, you’d have to draw the conclusion that toy sales would equal more content, but, as we saw with their example where they got everything they wanted, e.g. Batman Unlimited, it was still cancelled after roughly two years. So, I’m left with the feeling that they have commitment issues when it comes to DC content.
    I'm assuming the toyline wasn't that successful, hence the lack of content after the third movie. Especially since it ended with a mild cliffhanger, so maybe they expected more.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

It felt like they were kind of building up their own universe with STAR Labs, General Lane, Green Arrow, Flash, etc. and all the villains that were in the third movie.

I was wondering if Batgirl or Red Hood might've shown up...I think the latter at least had a toy in that line.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I'm assuming the toyline wasn't that successful, hence the lack of content after the third movie. Especially since it ended with a mild cliffhanger, so maybe they expected more.
    Yes. There was probably a dip somewhere during production or after the release of that film. But, they have to be prepared for troughs as well as peaks. We can’t know, but it’s as if they dropped it at the first sign of things not going exactly perfect.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-04-2022 at 06:27 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Batman criticism is legit, but everything else is petty, mean spirited crap.

Very in line with the James Gunn type of comedy, dude is a man-child.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

I feel like pointing out that Peacemaker is a murderous psychopath who thinks he’s a misunderstood b-lister; that he’d say stuff like that to make himself feel better is in line with his actions in TSS

That quote is very selective since the very next phrase after it says that Peacemaker got these 'facts' from Google and Facebook.

Overall, sounds like the show has everything you would expect from a 'Peacemaker' series.

This kind of humor doesn't bother me since it's in the kind of property you would expect it to be in.

Astonishing Member

Yes. Why? 10 char.

Okay then .
    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Batman criticism is legit, but everything else is petty, mean spirited crap.
    Why does everyone blame Batman for that and not the system that doesn't get him executed or how he never dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Okay then .

Why does everyone blame Batman for that and not the system that doesn't get him executed or how he never dies?
    And if we go by that logic, then every super hero is to blame for the atrocities the villains they didn't kill commit.

Super heroes in general help the justice system by imprisoning the bad guys, it's up to court to give a proper sentence, and fact that people in Gotham think it's a good idea to put everyone in some shitty asylum instead of a proper prison, or just executing them, is not Batman's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And if we go by that logic, then every super hero is to blame for the atrocities the villains they didn't kill commit.

Super heroes in general help the justice system by imprisoning the bad guys, it's up to court to give a proper sentence, and fact that people in Gotham think it's a good idea to put everyone in some shitty asylum instead of a proper prison, or just executing them, is not Batman's fault.
    Like, Lex Luthor gets better publicity than the Joker, but people don't think he's killed a bunch of people or threatened to do it with his various plans to kill Superman? And people don't talk about Superman putting him down.

Although I guess Lex never hits people as personally as Joker does (Oracle, Red Hood, Sarah Essen, etc.).