Page 399 of 695 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409449499 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,985 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    WarnerMedia and ViacomCBS exploring possible sale of CW Network. Nexstar is leading suitor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/warnerm...bshare_twitter

Wonder what impact this will have on DC programming on the network

I want a parent company that treats DC characters like us fans would if we were in control, don't think WB is thst company, bht don't know what other company would be
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Superman and Lois will probably move to HBO Max, since they're already involved in it. Legends and Batwoman have no chance not to be closed during this.
    Don't know about Flash, if I'm not mistaken it's one of the few CW shows with good ratings.
    Stargirl is in the same boat as S&L. Max has it's own projects planned though, so it could be game over for them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    WarnerMedia and ViacomCBS exploring possible sale of CW Network. Nexstar is leading suitor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/warnerm...bshare_twitter

Wonder what impact this will have on DC programming on the network
    Whelp, if it's no longer going to be co-owned by Warner, I guess it's bye-bye Arrowverse...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I thought S&L was doing quite well. It got all kinds of good reviews and I thought the ratings were fairly solid.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Stargirl is in the same boat as S&L. Max has it's own projects planned though, so it could be game over for them.
    I guess it depends on popularity, they have no reason to get rid of projects, which can provide them more views on streaming. Superman and Lois is popular show, so, it's safe to say that everything will be alright, it didn't hame strong connection with other Arrowverse shows anyway.
    Naomi is in the same boat with them - if it brings enough buzz, they will bring it there.

More or less, the current shows will be fine in the years to come. It's really getting any new shows off the ground that become an issue.

I could see Flash and Legends ending soon enough. And, really, for quality purposes, both should end next season but I know Flash still makes money through streaming. Considering the deal, it probably would be smart to help wrap these shows up.

Leaving S&L and Stargirl (which isn't in the Arrowverse) as relatively safe moves to Max just based on popularity unless they decide they want to restart DC projects from the ground up. Stargirl is its own thing enough that it might not end anyway.

Noami is entirely dependant on numbers, and I'm not sure if Batwoman would survive that, assuming this deal comes into fruition before the series can end. Unlike, LoT or the Flash, it doesn't have the fanbase, along with larger drama plaguing the set. I mean, deals like this don't happen overnight, but I doubt they planned to end the show, let alone the Arrowverse, in two years.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Bleeding Cool thinks that CW could end up rebranding with a schedule full of game shows, reality, and family programming. Not the current young adult stuff. If this assessment is accurate, all shows currently on the network could be facing the axe.
    https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-cw-f...batwoman-more/
    First, Nexstar's reported move towards more conservative reporting with NewsNation does exactly make me feel all warm-n-fuzzy when it comes to the programming The CW might go with moving forward. Owned by a company with that many stations under its belt and where large chunks of those stations are located could be very telling, and I can't shake this feeling that we'll be getting less Naomi and Charmed and a ton more game shows, reality, shows, and "wholesome, family-friendly programming" (a vomited a little in my mouth just writing that).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I want a parent company that treats DC characters like us fans would if we were in control, don't think WB is thst company, bht don't know what other company would be
    Or at the very least willing to back up non Superman/Batman projects and provide funding and support to creators who want to get such DC projects off the ground.

WarnerMedia isn't selling DC, just the CW. I'd expect not to see DC shows on that program anymore and new shows to go straight to HBO Max. The only question is about what happens to existing CW/DC shows

Yeah. Flash, Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow, Superman & Lois, Stargirl, and Naomi. The thing is, the last three could've been made for HBO Max in the first place. They weren't. Stargirl was meant for DC Universe and was picked up by CW originally due to the pandemic, and then because of DCU becoming comics only like Marvel Unlimited. S&L and Naomi were always meant for CW. All six shows now have an uncertain future.

Is this the true end of the Arrowverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bleeding Cool thinks that CW could end up rebranding with a schedule full of game shows, reality, and family programming. Not the current young adult stuff. If this assessment is accurate, all shows currently on the network could be facing the axe.
    https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-cw-f...batwoman-more/
    That article you posted speculates they’ll be bringing most of the DC shows on the CW to HBO Max. Don’t forget that Berlanti is already involved in the MAX DC shows as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

All that needs to be done is the shows running out their contracts with the CW, and then going strictly HBO max, where everything else DC is.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

R.I.P CW

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I thought S&L was doing quite well. It got all kinds of good reviews and I thought the ratings were fairly solid.
    Oh it is. The Arrowverse was bringing in over 1 billion dollars in revenue for WB so I think they are just tired of co-parenting.

TheCW has always been about "produce cheap shows, get big gains" which is it is successful at.

But if this does happen then it will be the near death of DC live action shows as we know it.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm assuming that whatever is in the pipe already will air on CW for the next season. We're getting season 2 of S&L on Tuesday and I assume that it will at least finish out it's second season there. Ditto possibly Stargirl season 3. Flash is so far along now it may as well just finish out it's run on the CW and call it a day. Everything else....meh. It may also depend on when this deal goes through. If this Nextar buy them out this year, I assume that whatever changes they make won't kick in until next year. Which means we may get another season of these shows on the network before the full changeover.
    Assassinate Putin!