Page 4 of 690 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Qn: Do you guys think we overestimate the quality of the films/animated series produced earlier? (before the reboot and such?). A bias towards the stuff we grew up watching.
    Yep. I think some of the animated films/series that came out before were good but they don't deserve to be on such a high pedestal imo. People are just upset that the recent films are based off of the New 52 stuff and you already know how people feel about the reboot on here.

BANNED

Qn: Do you guys think we overestimate the quality of the films/animated series produced earlier? (before the reboot and such?). A bias towards the stuff we grew up watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    No, I think they are well written, and their reputation and accolades prove that. I feel that a lot of the newer stuff is trying to hard to be edgy, and sometimes the plots are weirdly less mature then some of the older stuff. Odd since they are obviously targeting an older audience.
    BINGO! I only read New52 Batgirl so far, so I can't have a bias against anything new. I can only judge what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    No, I think they are well written, and their reputation and accolades prove that. I feel that a lot of the newer stuff is trying to hard to be edgy, and sometimes the plots are weirdly less mature then some of the older stuff. Odd since they are obviously targeting an older audience.
    Perhaps...but, they had their own faults (JL animated series - it's great. But, I don't think it did much justice to many of the characters), that many seem to forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    Yep. I think some of the animated films/series that came out before were good but they don't deserve to be on such a high pedestal imo. People are just upset that the recent films are based off of the New 52 stuff and you already know how people feel about the reboot on here.
    Yeah, that could affect people's judgement. For me, it was the animation. I hated it at first..and ended up hating the movies too. But, I got used to it.
    Last edited by Triple J; 02-24-2015 at 06:21 AM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

BANNED

I wasn't a fan of the animation back then either (I think it's awesome now) but the stories then were vastly superior.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
    I agree. Some people are looking back over ten years ago with rose colored glasses.

Arkham Knight - New Trailer

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I won't argue that I may have a bias in favor of the older stuff, but I don't dislike the newer stuff because it's new. For example, I really liked the ToA story in the comics, but I thought the movie missed the mark by trying too hard to be edgy. I didn't think it was as terrible as some, but I thought they could've done a better job with the story and script.

Ultimate Member

There were good films pre-reboot, and merely ok films, and not so good films. The quality wasn't uniform across the board.

No, considering Brave and the Bold and Young Justice were well received and loved, and they're only a few years old. And I remember Crisis on Two Earths and Under the Red Hood did great here, I loved Dark Knight Returns and Flashpoint Paradox, and then there was JLA Adventures. Oh, and the Green Lantern series was good. There's a lot of recent DC animation that gets love and respect, so I wouldn't say it has to do with bias. The recent movies based on the new 52 stuff just hasn't been as good. And I doubt that's because of anti-52 bias, just the 3 films so far haven't been as good as previous stuff.

Some great news: CW planning a team series - featuring Atom, Cold, Firestorm & Many More.

Including 3 characters who has never appeared in a TV series.

Read more: http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...otz-and-miller

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

The series, no, they were extremely good. The movies, probably. The only ones I am really like on a rewatch were New Frontier, Wonder Woman, and Crisis on 2 Earths. I haven't watched Red Hood or Returns again though.

Doesn't make some of the new stuff better though.
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Some great news: CW planning a team series - featuring Atom, Cold, Firestorm & Many More.

So freakin cool.
    Cyclops was right

saw flashpoint paradox last night
    wow phew

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I won't argue that I may have a bias in favor of the older stuff, but I don't dislike the newer stuff because it's new. For example, I really liked the ToA story in the comics, but I thought the movie missed the mark by trying too hard to be edgy. I didn't think it was as terrible as some, but I thought they could've done a better job with the story and script.
    I agree - Might have been better if it were a bit longer - 15 to 20 mins of character development - for Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    There were good films pre-reboot, and merely ok films, and not so good films. The quality wasn't uniform across the board.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    No, considering Brave and the Bold and Young Justice were well received and loved, and they're only a few years old. And I remember Crisis on Two Earths and Under the Red Hood did great here, I loved Dark Knight Returns and Flashpoint Paradox, and then there was JLA Adventures. Oh, and the Green Lantern series was good. There's a lot of recent DC animation that gets love and respect, so I wouldn't say it has to do with bias. The recent movies based on the new 52 stuff just hasn't been as good. And I doubt that's because of anti-52 bias, just the 3 films so far haven't been as good as previous stuff.
    Hmm, okay.

I am not sure about the bias..but I do agree that DC needs to step up their game with the newer films (Assault was awesome..ToA was great, but could have been better. The original story line was vastly superior to the movie version).

I loved JLA Adventures. The latest Lego (Bizzaro League) was also great. The quality seems to be all across the board (considering all animated projects).

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    The series, no, they were extremely good. The movies, probably. The only ones I am really like on a rewatch were New Frontier, Wonder Woman, and Crisis on 2 Earths. I haven't watched Red Hood or Returns again though.

Doesn't make some of the new stuff better though.
    I have got to go and re-watch those, especially WW

I really hope Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle will be one of the new heroes. Would be so great to have another Hispanic character in the CW/DCverse. There had to be a reason why WB wouldn't let Arrow use Ted Kord. The Ray Palmer character is basically Ted with a different name. I think they still want the casual fan to view Jaime as the Beetle. Maybe to keep the younger fans who watched Young Justice and Batman: BatB. Though now that they've made The Atom an Ironman knock off the Scarab armor may be derivative.

Very interesting that Caity Lotz is returning. I loved her way more as the Canary than Laurel, who I still find very grating. Lazarus Pit?