Page 413 of 694 FirstFirst ... 313363403409410411412413414415416417423463513 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,195 of 10410

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There were characters plotting in the background but it was very different the Light. I guess it was more like all the different villains in Gargoyles (although I think Xanatos was responsible for, like, 80% of them).
    Gargoyles had the actual Illuminati in it. Most of the plots that the Manhattan Clan dealt with were done by Xanatos but there was always the sense that he was a bit of a small player making his name in a much bigger milieu.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Kaldur with a beard... I need to see it in motion, but this is the first time he's looked drastically different. M'Gann is the only central character who gets noticeable changes each season. (Outside of Zatanna and Dick noticeably going from teenagers to young adults.) I do kind of like it.

It looks like the magic plot is, unsurprisingly, being expanded on. The aftermath of Zatanna's arc will be interesting, not just for the Conner stuff either.

Kaldur, Dick, and Zatanna are all fighting at the Tower of Fate. Finally, the main cast of the season is in the same room, including characters we rarely see interact on screen. Hopefully, we get scenes of them all coming together throughout the back half. They do a lot of talking about the group, but it feels rare to see them all. We should've opened the season with all of them in the same room before M'Gann and Conner went to Mars. The lack of Earth made Mars so grueling to watch at times.

Rocket being tied directly to the New Gods, I wonder if they'll shift some origins around to make the connection (not that I want that, but you never know with YJ). But I did suspect she'd be the most likely to go cosmic out of the bunch. Hopefully, we still get a small showcasing of some of the Milestone characters, at least in cameos she and Icon have always had an interesting mentor-mentee dynamic, it's a shame we won't see the brunt of it now that she's older. Hopefully, through all of it, we see a bit more of her home life, no mention of her being married despite an engagement party in s2 I'm the most curious to see what she has going on.

And based on the trailer it looks like Kaldur > Rocket > Dick because nothing indicated a Nightwing arc in those trailers. Unless the Tower of Fate battle is towards the end of the season and Kaldur's arc is restricted mostly to Atlantis (We're getting King Shark).
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Astonishing Member

There were characters plotting in the background but it was very different the Light. I guess it was more like all the different villains in Gargoyles (although I think Xanatos was responsible for, like, 80% of them).
    Xanatos was always a part of the Illuminati though he didn’t always work for their goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Thoughts:

- Well, if you weren't happy with all the magical characters that got sidelined in Zatanna's arc (including herself) looks like they're back to prominence again with Dr. Fate Zee! I wonder what they're doing with that belltower...I don't think that involves Conner.

- Rocket's arc being New Gods focus is cool, if unexpected, especially because most people assumed that if it would focus on anything it would probably be Milestone characters. I only hesitate to feel like the New Gods content might end up overshadowing developing Rocket like in Zatanna's arc. It already looks like there's going to be a lot of Orion.

- Oh hey, speaking of which, the real Orion finally shows up.

- "You're not the true king!" Is that referring to Orin? Are we getting some Atlantean political strife?

- Kaldur has a beard now, because apparently Aquaman has to have a beard.

- Guessing that's a flashback to their school days with younger Kaldur and King Shark.

Huh and hear I thought Kaldur just colored his hair.

Who is his mother again?
    The J-man

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Huh and hear I thought Kaldur just colored his hair.

Who is his mother again?

Sha’lain’a

So two live-action versions of Dick, two live-action versions of Steph, and live-action Harper Row? Okay...

comic fans just want more Dick I guess

So DC givining us double Dick might be a good thing.... actually triple if he's int he Flash movie
    The J-man

Didn't the official synopsis say the show was about the son of Batman recruiting the children of his villains? Either they revised the plot or this is made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Didn't the official synopsis say the show was about the son of Batman recruiting the children of his villains? Either they revised the plot or this is made up.
    They said it was an adopted son of Batman which meant it was either an OC, or Dick/Jason/Tim.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They said it was an adopted son of Batman which meant it was either an OC, or Dick/Jason/Tim.
    Honestly I'd be happily surprised if it's not another CW OC.

Honestly I'd be happily surprised if it's not another CW OC.
    Of course nothing is stopping them from writing an established character like an OC anyway