Page 416 of 695 FirstFirst ... 316366406412413414415416417418419420426466516 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 10423
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    those are supernatural teen dramas that overlap in the same territories like all teh other cookie cutter CW shows since they pivoted to this audience several years ago.

CW use to target teenage girls strongly then they branched into supernatural and comics to bolster their fledgling audience.
    And they have been unable to reproduce the success of those that started it all. Once flash ends the arrowverse has nothing to hold it together. My hope is S and L are carried over to HBOMAX along with stargirl. Honestly if Cavil doesn’t return I see Hochelin and Routhe as alternative supermen they can call in for the films.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    And they have been unable to reproduce the success of those that started it all. Once flash ends the arrowverse has nothing to hold it together. My hope is S and L are carried over to HBOMAX along with stargirl. Honestly if Cavil doesn’t return I see Hochelin and Routhe as alternative supermen they can call in for the films.
    I can never say no to more Brandon Routh .

Astonishing Member

Wow, it's tied to Apokolips War, unexpected.

>sigh< it looks like Zee is either being mind controlled or somebody is pretending to be her in the trailer. You can see a glimpse of her at the mark where Constantine says 'you turned all my best mates into monsters' plus a couple of other times after that. Looks like it's Constantine love fest where everyone else plays second fiddle to him. Looks like the Spectre is in it too.

Honestly, I think I'm done with the animation side of DC. They haven't done anything interesting for too long now. The Tomorrow-verse seemed like a promising start but it's the same ol' bullshit, like the JSA movie not even being about the JSA. Batman: TLH movie was ok but the only thing we have to look forward to are more Batman stuff. The GL movie better be mind blowing, otherwise it's going on the 'will check it out within the next 2 decades' pile. I think I will stick with some of the live action stuff for now. Cautiously optimistic for Black Adam and The Batman (though unlikely to see them in theaters) and there is still Superman & Lois, Peacemaker and Doom Patrol.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Mildly curious about Constantine: THOM being connected to the New-52 animated universe but that's about it. I've always been a fan of DC animation but very little about the impending animated releases interests me at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Wow, it's tied to Apokolips War, unexpected.
    Looks like someone isn't happy Constantine set off the second Flashpoint. I wonder if that means it takes place in the Tommorow-verse even though the art style isn't an exact match for the films.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    >sigh< it looks like Zee is either being mind controlled or somebody is pretending to be her in the trailer. You can see a glimpse of her at the mark where Constantine says 'you turned all my best mates into monsters' plus a couple of other times after that. Looks like it's Constantine love fest where everyone else plays second fiddle to him. Looks like the Spectre is in it too.
    I don't think any of them are the real deal in this, just demons posing as them. Like, John literally blows Etrigan up so I doubt that's really him. Ditto for Zee, so you can probably write off any characterization issues as it being a fake demon Zatanna.

And yeah, that definitely looks like the Spectre flicking him away .
    Honestly, I think I'm done with the animation side of DC. They haven't done anything interesting for too long now. The Tomorrow-verse seemed like a promising start but it's the same ol' bullshit, like the JSA movie not even being about the JSA. Batman: TLH movie was ok but the only thing we have to look forward to are more Batman stuff. The GL movie better be mind blowing, otherwise it's going on the 'will check it out within the next 2 decades' pile. I think I will stick with some of the live action stuff for now. Cautiously optimistic for Black Adam and The Batman (though unlikely to see them in theaters) and there is still Superman & Lois, Peacemaker and Doom Patrol.
    I guess it would've been more accurate to call it The Flash: JSA WWII but the JSA were still a significant part of the movie. I guess if you wanted it to be exclusively about them during WWII, I can understand, but I think it made sense as an Earth-2 story.

I thought TLH was great, and there...really isn't much Batman this year? I mean, Catwoman: Hunted features Batverse characters but he's not in it and it spans the entire DCU, and he's just a guest character in the DCSHG & TTG! when it's focusing on a bunch of other characters, mostly the Super Hero Girls. He'll probably be in Challenge of the Super Sons because of Damian, but so will Superman. He's in League of Super Pets but it's focused more on Krypto and Superman by comparison. And, yeah, he probably won't be in Green Lantern: Beware my Power at all, I would imagine.

Now, maybe there will be all Batman movies in 2023 but we've seen no indication of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Mildly curious about Constantine: THOM being connected to the New-52 animated universe but that's about it. I've always been a fan of DC animation but very little about the impending animated releases interests me at this point.
    Not even the GL movie because Hal might not be in it? I think there's a lot of cool stuff coming out this year, personally.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can never say no to more Brandon Routh .
    I say No to Brandon Routh many many many times
    Last edited by Tofali; 02-20-2022 at 12:36 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Not even the GL movie because Hal might not be in it? I think there's a lot of cool stuff coming out this year, personally.
    I may see that if I hear some positive reactions, but overall I haven't been impressed with the Tomorrowverse so far. If the Super Sons trailer is good, I could give it a chance too. That Batwheels show doesn't sound like my cup of tea, I never cared much about DCSHG, Harley Quinn didn't impress me much either and I've been way behind on Young Justice which I don't hear a lot of great things about the current season anyway. We know little about the new Batman and Superman shows at this time, which I'm not sure are even supposed to come out until next year(?). Maybe I'll see Super Pets at one point. Overall I'm in wait and see mode about certain things, and rather indifferent about others. That can change, as I said I've always been a fan of DC animation, they just haven't done something to really grab in a long time.
    Last edited by Johnny; 02-20-2022 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I may see that if I hear some positive reactions, but overall I haven't been impressed with the Tomorrowverse so far. If the Super Sons trailer is good, I could give it a chance too. That Batwheels show doesn't seem like my cup of tea, I never cared much about DCSHG, Harley Quinn didn't impress me much either and I've been way behind on Young Justice which I don't hear a lot of great things about the current season anyway. We know little about the new Batman and Superman shows at this point, which I'm not sure are even supposed to come out until next year(?). Maybe I'll see Super Pets at one point. Overall I'm in wait and see mode about certain things, and rather indifferent about others. That can change, as I said I've always been a fan of DC animation, they just haven't done something to really grab in a long time.
    I guess I'm the exact opposite where I've enjoyed pretty much everything. But different strokes .

Looks like someone isn't happy Constantine set off the second Flashpoint. I wonder if that means it takes place in the Tommorow-verse even though the art style isn't an exact match for the films.

I don't think any of them are the real deal in this, just demons posing as them. Like, John literally blows Etrigan up so I doubt that's really him. Ditto for Zee, so you can probably write off any characterization issues as it being a fake demon Zatanna.

And yeah, that definitely looks like the Spectre flicking him away .

I guess it would've been more accurate to call it The Flash: JSA WWII but the JSA were still a significant part of the movie. I guess if you wanted it to be exclusively about them during WWII, I can understand, but I think it made sense as an Earth-2 story.

I thought TLH was great, and there...really isn't much Batman this year? I mean, Catwoman: Hunted features Batverse characters but he's not in it and it spans the entire DCU, and he's just a guest character in the DCSHG & TTG! when it's focusing on a bunch of other characters, mostly the Super Hero Girls. He'll probably be in Challenge of the Super Sons because of Damian, but so will Superman. He's in League of Super Pets but it's focused more on Krypto and Superman by comparison. And, yeah, he probably won't be in Green Lantern: Beware my Power at all, I would imagine.

Now, maybe there will be all Batman movies in 2023 but we've seen no indication of that.

Not interested in half baked defenses of DC's continuously declining quality.

Lets just agree to disagree.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Not interested in half baked defenses of DC's continuously declining quality.

Lets just agree to disagree.
    Well, apologies for coming off half-baked. I was just trying to look at it evenly .

To each their own .

Haven't seen the new Catwoman movie yet, hope it's good, will probably see it soon. I'll watch most of the animated movies as usual of course, but none of the ones announced really catch my interest. No Batman, no Superman, no Wonder Woman, unless somehow I missed one. Is there even a JL movie this year?

Enjoying Superman and Lois despite still hating the family man set up. Just finished Peacemaker and it was amazing. Loved that cameo final episode, hope season two is just as strong.

Batman: TLH movie was ok
    I thought TLH was great,
    Just gotta be the dissenting voice on this one: Dissent! Dissent! Dissent!
    That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Haven't seen the new Catwoman movie yet, hope it's good, will probably see it soon. I'll watch most of the animated movies as usual of course, but none of the ones announced really catch my interest. No Batman, no Superman, no Wonder Woman, unless somehow I missed one. Is there even a JL movie this year?
    Well, the upcoming DCSHG movie has Diana as one of the main characters and a good deal of JL characters. Not an official JL movie, but close .

Well, the upcoming DCSHG movie has Diana as one of the main characters and a good deal of JL characters. Not an official JL movie, but close .
    For some reason I always have trouble thinking of the DCSHG's Wonder Woman as Wonder Woman. Guess cause she's made so young and the show's a bit too goofy? I like it though, more than TT Go at any rate.