Page 419 of 693 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469519 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 10394

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's kind of amazing. Especially in light of the fact that we're talking about Lois Lane on, basically, a Superman show and how big a part of that show she became.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Good times. Only allowing them to use Lois for x amount of episodes per season, she cant find out his secret, they arent allowed to kiss or date.

And Aquaman characters got embargoed on a CARTOON because they were developing a Aquaman live action tv show that ultimately only made it to pilot lol
    It's crazy. I guess part of the reasoning was that Clark wasn't Superman yet and he wasn't supposed to meet all those important characters that he meets at a later time(nevermind that him and Lex essentially grew up together on that show). That was the reason they only allowed them to use Bart and not Barry or Wally as their version of The Flash, and only in condition that he was going to be called Impulse and not Flash or Kid Flash. Later on when Clark started working at the Daily Planet with Lois and they started bringing in the big villains like Brainiac and Doomsday, DC seemingly eased up on the restrictions. That seemed evident to me when they brought in Supergirl, the Legion of Super-Heroes and the JSA. They brought in Darkseid for the final season ffs. Smallville could have Darkseid but Batwoman can't have Poison Ivy for more than 3 episodes? DC seems to have gone back to be just as ridiculous now as they were in the 2000s.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-05-2022 at 12:34 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Batwoman is already cancelled
    Source??? And not some loser Dudebro who hates women on youtube or boundintocomics either.
    Who can only claim "woke" story lines are the issue.
    Funny they only have issues with shows with black women as leads.

As for CW getting pilots filmed-they have 14 being looked at.

CBS is at 32.
    ABC 23
    Fox 27
    NBC 32
    Paramount Plus 32

So who is rushing out pilots????

I would suspect the CW is looking at getting BW 65 episodes for syndication packages. So a final 4th season would not be out of the question.

CW more than any other major network always pushes for Syndicaiton so they can make their money back. The fact that Batwoman is still standing despite Ruby Rose abruptly leaving speaks volumes.

That's what messed up the Smart Guy show back in the day. I think that show only had around 50 episodes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bat properties got a boost. People are going crazy over this new movie.
    The J-man

Can someone explain embargoes to me? I don't get why it matters if a character shows up in a tv show and a movie. Like why is that a thing from a business standpoint?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Can someone explain embargoes to me? I don't get why it matters if a character shows up in a tv show and a movie. Like why is that a thing from a business standpoint?
    It's stupid, but they're afraid that it'd weaken interest - that if people got their Batman fix from a tv show they would feel less compelled to go watch their blockbuster Batman movie. Basically it's movies > tv > cartoons. They don't want to risk movies getting less attention because the character's on tv. So the fact that Superman is on tv now shows what a sad state his movie potential is considered to be now.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It's stupid, but they're afraid that it'd weaken interest - that if people got their Batman fix from a tv show they would feel less compelled to go watch their blockbuster Batman movie. Basically it's movies > tv > cartoons. They don't want to risk movies getting less attention because the character's on tv. So the fact that Superman is on tv now shows what a sad state his movie potential is considered to be now.
    Yep. That and trying to ensure the brand isn't ruined for some, and because they think the audience is stupid and would get confused with the same character being in different mediums. Sometimes they'll request the use of a character to get the hype up and then take them away. They requested Task Force X in Arrow and then swiftly put an embargo on them once they felt the audience got enough of them.

and because they think the audience is stupid and would get confused with the same character being in different mediums.
    Oh yeah, that too. They're afraid people will be like "why did they cast a different person to play Plasticman in the movie than the guy from the Plasticman show? What is going on here?" So the assumption is audience = stupid people.

Oh yeah, that too. They're afraid people will be like "why did they cast a different person to play Plasticman in the movie than the guy from the Plasticman show? What is going on here?" So the assumption is audience = stupid people.
    Especially kids because somehow we cant tell the difference between cartoons and live action lol

And Aquaman characters got embargoed on a CARTOON because they were developing a Aquaman live action tv show that ultimately only made it to pilot lol
    It's kind of hilarious how that lead to the creation of Devil Ray who just played a pivotal role in a Black Manta comic .

I wish they would utilize embargos more so we don't end up with like 7 different Batman shows across 4 different universes and even shows that have nothing to do with Batman don't turn into quasi Batman shows (eg: Titans).

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Hot take but the Bat-Embargo for the DCAU was actually a good thing. Our current era of them letting creators use all the Bat toys on the animated side has given rise to creators focusing entirely on Batman for the majority of the past decade.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I agree. Embargos aren't necessarily bad. It's just a matter of how it's implemented. Even Bruce Timm said that the Embargo helped them focus on characters they otherwise wouldn't have focused on if they had access to the Bat Family and all it's villains.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Yeah they can help in their own annoying way for shows that aren't in the Bat-verse but that's about it.

Astonishing Member

I thought it was that they didn’t want the Justice League show to be overtaken by Batman mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I agree. Embargos aren't necessarily bad. It's just a matter of how it's implemented. Even Bruce Timm said that the Embargo helped them focus on characters they otherwise wouldn't have focused on if they had access to the Bat Family and all it's villains.
    I remember for The Batman it lead to them coming up with a clever hook for an episode that wouldn't have worked if they had gotten to use Scarecrow because the gimmick would've been too obvious.