Page 421 of 693 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431471521 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,315 of 10395
    Extraordinary Member

The Batman: Gotham PD Series Has 'Evolved' to Become an Arkham 'Haunted House' Story
    The Batman director Matt Reeves has said that the spin-off series focused on the Gotham police department has "evolved" into a series focused on Arkham Asylum, and compared it to a horror movie or haunted house story.

The spin-off series, which has never been formally named, was announced in 2020, and was subsequently said to focus on Jeffrey Wright's Jim Gordon. However, it seems have plans have changed – Matt Reeves spoke to YouTube channel The Cyber Nerds, and suggested the show will now focus on a different part of Gotham's history:

"The GCDP thing, that story has story has kind of evolved. We’ve actually now [moved] more into the realm of exactly what would happen in the world of Arkham as it relates coming off of our movie, and some of the characters, again in their origins [...] It’s like a horror movie or a haunted house that is Arkham.

"Again, the way that Gotham is a character in the movie, I really want Arkham to exist as a character, so that you go into this environment and encounter these characters in a way that feels really fresh. And so in our work on Gotham, that story started to evolve, and it started feeling like, ‘Wait, we should really lean into this.' And that’s kind of where that’s gone.”

It's not totally clear if Reeves is saying that the entire premise of the show has shifted, or if this will still be a show about policing in Gotham, but with more of a focus on Arkham and its inmates.

It's possible that this shift comes down the to the show's change in showrunner. Originally, Terence Winter was set to take the reins on the project, but left due to reported creative differences. Subsequently, Joe Barton (Giri/Haji, The Ritual) stepped in to executive produce and showrun.

I wonder which villains they'll use.

I think Professor Pyg could be an interesting choice as one of the villains.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

WB executive comments that DC movies will focus on quality.

From WB,
    “The secret of the movie business is quality. It’s the best business strategy for both theatrical motion pictures and superhero movies. The movies don’t have to all have the same tone, or interlock with other DC movies, or have an Easter egg that sets up another film. Quality is the most important factor for a studio, and the biggest thing you can do to influence quality is the filmmaker that you hire.”

Nothing wrong with wanting to make a good movie above all else. However I still think fans would like a straight answer about what they are doing. We still have Flash coming out which will focus on at the very least a loose form of continuity.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...ms-sequels/amp
    Last edited by comicstar100; 03-07-2022 at 09:45 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    WB executive comments that DC movies will focus on quality
    Love these kind of statements lol, what were they focused on before? Making low quality movies as fast as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Love these kind of statements lol, what were they focused on before? Making low quality movies as fast as possible?
    It’s an even bigger fat load of nothing given there’s rumors Emmerich won’t be around after the merger.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I can think of no less helpful strategy than "just do it well."

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    I mean considering the films they came out with in their mad foolish dash to make Avengers money by film 3 or 4, I would say that is actually a fairly safe bet. Low quality films focused more on setting up a big interconnected cinematic universe than actually good films, and getting there as fast as possible. That initial approach has hampered their success ever since.

Mind you I still think that statement was largely a load of corporate BS, but their recent movies have been filmmaker led and have largely been higher quality because of it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Give us concept art already!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Give us concept art already!
    They at least showed some more art for My Adventures with Superman at FanDome...

I'm still wondering about the voice cast.

From the official twitter itself, games out a few days before Halloween. I'm telling my friends dibs on Nightwing

https://twitter.com/GothamKnights/st...58438681317380
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    From the official twitter itself, games out a few days before Halloween. I'm telling my friends dibs on Nightwing

Finally, can't wait to play this.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Finally! A release date!

Incredible Member

‘Gotham Knights’: Oscar Morgan, Olivia Rose Keegan & Navia Robinson Join CW Pilot
    https://deadline.com/2022/03/gotham-...ot-1234974690/