Page 431 of 693 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 10395

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Ivy is attempting to help her every episode till we get to the point where she can’t do anymore and it becomes Harley’s responsibility

Beastboy had to wait 4 months until mgnnn comes home before anyone intervenes, it’s unrealistic for a man with so many support systems to be such a failure. Also their is a tone difference between the shows that’s makes the pacing more frustrating then concerning for the viewer
    Ivy's basically carried Harley for that entire show.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ivy's basically carried Harley for that entire show.
    Season 1 yes

Harley is more enjoyable to me in season 2 herself

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    How does everyone feel about Season 4’s focus on mental health?

The negative reception is arguably why shows don’t do it more often.
    I appreciate what they're doing I just don't think it's been handled as well as it could be.

As it's been stated in this thread, the cutaways were odd, especially to convey what was being conveyed in the previous episode. And, I don't mind that slow burn but considering how YJ handles itself it sticks out.

Really they could've cut half that screentime and the same message would get across, at the very least it would to me.

And, I really think it was a missed opportunity to show how deaths in the superhero community were affecting everyone. The scene with the Kents explaining to Jon that Conner was dead was something we could've got throughout all these arcs. Ripple affects how they deal with grief and shows how someone like Gar was taking a lot harder.

Really a missed opportunity to not show more of the Outsiders in Gar's abscene. Could've got some great material out of Cassie having to step up, and how all these teen heroes were taking it.

Then there's zero reaction from someone like Zatanna in comparison to everyone who's gotten an arc so far. Unlike the others, her screentime with Conner was limited but she lived in the cave with him for some months it just felt odd.

My issue really is not the depression itself, I love that this is the route they're taking. I just think the theme could've been expanded throughout the season and not just limited to Gar. I actually think it would've benefited his story in the long haul because we see how everyone isn't always able to pick up the pieces after these situations.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post

Then there's zero reaction from someone like Zatanna in comparison to everyone who's gotten an arc so far. Unlike the others, her screentime with Conner was limited but she lived in the cave with him for some months it just felt odd.
    Zee was focused on getting her dad back. It doesn't surprise me that she would prioritize that over grieving for Connor.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'm still annoyed that we spent 5 episodes on Martian and friends. SOLEY on them. Yet all the other arcs have to be infused with their drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Zee was focused on getting her dad back. It doesn't surprise me that she would prioritize that over grieving for Connor.
    I'm not too mad at it because it made sense from a story perspective that she'd be concerned with Zatara. It just feels disconnected in comparison to everything else going on as if she was entirely separate from him. I am being nitpicky tho because it wasn't much of a natural way to get her reaction without stuffing her arc further. We're bound to get a follow-up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I'm still annoyed that we spent 5 episodes on Martian and friends. SOLEY on them. Yet all the other arcs have to be infused with their drama.
    That bothered me too especially since portions of everything on Mars could've been condensed. Would've been perfect to see all the main characters before their respective arcs began. Could've even started the season off with the OG team getting together before Conner and M'Gann left. Just some way to establish the status quo before everything gets thrown off by Conner's death. It sticks out by a lot in comparison to everything else.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Season 1 yes

Harley is more enjoyable to me in season 2 herself
    Harley to me came off more like comic Harley where she acts out and messes stuff up but ultimately gets a pass for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I appreciate what they're doing I just don't think it's been handled as well as it could be.

As it's been stated in this thread, the cutaways were odd, especially to convey what was being conveyed in the previous episode. And, I don't mind that slow burn but considering how YJ handles itself it sticks out.

Really they could've cut half that screentime and the same message would get across, at the very least it would to me.

And, I really think it was a missed opportunity to show how deaths in the superhero community were affecting everyone. The scene with the Kents explaining to Jon that Conner was dead was something we could've got throughout all these arcs. Ripple affects how they deal with grief and shows how someone like Gar was taking a lot harder.

Really a missed opportunity to not show more of the Outsiders in Gar's abscene. Could've got some great material out of Cassie having to step up, and how all these teen heroes were taking it.

My issue really is not the depression itself, I love that this is the route they're taking. I just think the theme could've been expanded throughout the season and not just limited to Gar. I actually think it would've benefited his story in the long haul because we see how everyone isn't always able to pick up the pieces after these situations.
    I would love to see Cassie leading the Outsiders more than dealing with Beast Boy's drama.
    Now I'm sure she'll probably be more focused on Fate stuff instead of just her father.

Astonishing Member

Interestingly, someone argued that Zatanna handled Conner’s “death” the same way that Artemis did: trying to reconnect with family.

Interestingly, someone argued that Zatanna handled Conner’s “death” the same way that Artemis did: trying to reconnect with family.
    I guess you could look at it that way but the arc probably would have happened with or without Conner because she was always determined to get her dad back.

I guess you could look at it that way but the arc probably would have happened with or without Conner because she was always determined to get her dad back.
    Not to mention she never really shows any sadness over Conner's death, can even give the impression they didn't really meet before.

Then again, it can make sense, I don't think she talked with Conner much, if I remember correctly, in season 1 she talked more with Dick and Artemis, maybe M'gann and Kardur'ahm too, but I'm not sure if she actually talked with Conner, or hell, even Wally lol.

Anyways, if we were to connect Conner's death with the situation with her father, we could say that Conner's death made her think even more about her father's own mortality, and that's what caused the necessary push for her to use other people to take over as Doctor Fate to free her father, but something like that isn't even implied, and hell, would make you wonder why Wally's and Artemis' possible death didn't cause something like that, but then again, at the time she didn't have students to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

How does everyone feel about Season 4’s focus on mental health?

The negative reception is arguably why shows don’t do it more often.
    To be honest I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love it because it's gonna take more than a pep talk for BB to get better. I hate it because this whoa storyline is starting to drag and I don't like seeing him like this

Speaking of S4 these arcs have not been hitting for me, this Atlantis arc seemed rushed, their should've been at least 1 more episode.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

We are near the end of the Arrowverse?

The CW renewed The Flash in March. While no formal announcement has been made, sources say there has been talk of the series coming to a conclusion with an abbreviated final season.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...al-1235129457/

"Then there are the three remaining DC series, veteran Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman and freshman Naomi, which will be in consideration alongside DC pilot Gotham Knights. Word is that about half of the four projects will make it to next season. Batwoman and Gotham Knights are set in a similar universe, so it is possible that one of them is picked up for next season. It will be a difficult decision on Legends of Tomorrow, which is getting old, currently in its seventh season, having gone through a string of cast changeovers. The CW’s President Mark Pedowitz is known for giving the network’s long-running series a proper goodbye, so a final season would be logical solution but, given the uncertainty over the CW’s ownership, the final decisions may not be the network’s to make."

https://deadline.com/2022/04/bubble-...es-1234998738/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    We are near the end of the Arrowverse?

The CW renewed The Flash in March. While no formal announcement has been made, sources say there has been talk of the series coming to a conclusion with an abbreviated final season.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...al-1235129457/

"Then there are the three remaining DC series, veteran Legends of Tomorrow, Batwoman and freshman Naomi, which will be in consideration alongside DC pilot Gotham Knights. Word is that about half of the four projects will make it to next season. Batwoman and Gotham Knights are set in a similar universe, so it is possible that one of them is picked up for next season. It will be a difficult decision on Legends of Tomorrow, which is getting old, currently in its seventh season, having gone through a string of cast changeovers. The CW’s President Mark Pedowitz is known for giving the network’s long-running series a proper goodbye, so a final season would be logical solution but, given the uncertainty over the CW’s ownership, the final decisions may not be the network’s to make."

https://deadline.com/2022/04/bubble-...es-1234998738/

Good you can wrap up Batwoman in legends of tomorrow

Stargirl and Superman can just shift to HBOmax, as soon as ms marvel hits Disney plus I know they will want to keep stargirl

I do find it kind of concerning that none of them other than Flash has been announced as renewed yet.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I do find it kind of concerning that none of them other than Flash has been announced as renewed yet.
    CW has yet to cancel a show after 3 seasons and a show after 7 seasons without at least giving them a final season to say goodbye. Id be surprised if they start now.

But the Arrowverse has been on its last legs since Arrow ended. S&L try to ignore it as much as possible and none of the new shows take place in it