Page 442 of 695 FirstFirst ... 342392432438439440441442443444445446452492542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 10422

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Lol not in animation I meant comics

She was name dropped in Injustice 2 a lot
    Yeah, for Cold's intros. But again, has never been in animation before.

Man, this season of Young Justice is the worst one yet, what a disappointment. I have a lot of complaints about this season, like the animation (the scene of Kaldur and the rest being chased by the giant sea monster was one of the worst i ever seen), but to me the worst part is that is just boring. The only fine arc was the one with Artemis, the other ones were a chore to watch.

The choice of doing arcs for every main character would be cool if they didn't stretched the story so much. They didn't need 4 to 5 episodes a arc and it's so apparent that they shoehorn a episode of Green Lantern TAS into the current one. Why make a episode about the half red half blue lantern instead of characters from previous seasons like Blue Bettle or Tim Drake?

The first season is still unmatched, the second one was enjoyable until the end and the third had it's moments even tho it wasn't a good season, but this one it's definitely the worst in my opinion.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

(Because Razer is a better character and Green Lantern TAS is the better show)

I will take my boo's and swiftly make my exit off stage, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post

Nothing to get booed for, they brought back the wrong show.

In all fairness I've only seen the first season of YJ way back when it first came out and I remember liking it but I didn't really get all the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post

You can argue if this is true or not, but they were wasting time with him instead of the developing the plot.
    Take him out of the show and we probably didn't need one more episode to wrap up a arc that already is dragging.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    You can argue if this is true or not, but they were wasting time with him instead of the developing the plot.
    Take him out of the show and we probably didn't need one more episode to wrap up a arc that already is dragging.
    His appearance both underlined the theme of the arc (contrasting his approach to anger with Orion's and thus Rocket's approach to Orion) and explained why Metron was going into his vault for the bad guys to follow

Incredible Member

At this point YJ main plot is hapndicapping the series. When you come down to it, it's a basic (or looks like a basic) world domination story and fight between two factions (Vandal Savage vs Darkseid), that's in itself isn't interesting enough to go on for seasons and seasons imo (doesn't help Darkseid is portrayed here as your garden-variety galactic conqueror) because deep down we know they aren't winning, so part of the audience is subconciosly waiting for the inevitable.

Also, and I can only say this with the benefit of hindsight, I think that a show that puts so much emphasis on the young heroes' finding their place in the world shouldn't have skipped five years of development.

Astonishing Member

YJ at this point is a DC worldbuilding show wearing S1&S2 as a papier-mâché mask

Now don’t me wrong, I like worldbuilding and I appreciate that had the show not been jerked around by CN and DC so much it would have been a lot more spread out between seasons but I can see how it’s frustrating people

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    At this point YJ main plot is hapndicapping the series. When you come down to it, it's a basic (or looks like a basic) world domination story and fight between two factions (Vandal Savage vs Darkseid), that's in itself isn't interesting enough to go on for seasons and seasons imo (doesn't help Darkseid is portrayed here as your garden-variety galactic conqueror) because deep down we know they aren't winning, so part of the audience is subconciosly waiting for the inevitable.
    Especially as it makes all the heroes look like chumps. They practically never get anything even approaching a solid win because the "real story" is going on in the background

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    YJ at this point is a DC worldbuilding show wearing S1&S2 as a papier-mâché mask

Now don’t me wrong, I like worldbuilding and I appreciate that had the show not been jerked around by CN and DC so much it would have been a lot more spread out between seasons but I can see how it’s frustrating people
    Yeah, I'm always a little flabbergasted that people don't realize it. Frankly, I feel like it was worldbuilding in seasons 1 and 2 as well, just disguised a little better. Even so, I'm a little shocked they just dumped the "Brion is brainwashed" thing so abruptly

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    His appearance both underlined the theme of the arc (contrasting his approach to anger with Orion's and thus Rocket's approach to Orion) and explained why Metron was going into his vault for the bad guys to follow
    Could have done it with characters already in the show. No need for a guy that only people who saw the another series will recognize.

I feel like the problem with YJ is it's so defined by its plot and progressing said plot (and there are so many different plots even outside the overarching one) that the characters and their development suffer for it, especially because there are just too many characters and screentime is not alloted anywhere near equally between all of them.

And sometimes the show just focuses on the most random things. We've barely seen any of the Outsiders this season because we've focused so much on Beast Boys' depression arc. Now, is it valid to approach Superheroes dealing with mental trauma, depression, etc.? Totally. Did the show maybe spend too much time on it for seemingly no other purpose other than do that kind of storyline? It feels like it. At this point Beast Boy is more of a main character than everybody else.

Rocket is yet another victim of the overall plot of the arc and the sub-plots dwarfing who was supposed to be the main character of the arc like Zatanna did.

Astonishing Member

Every show jumps the shark nowadays,

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Could have done it with characters already in the show. No need for a guy that only people who saw the another series will recognize.
    I suppose they could've introduced a completely new character that nobody would recognize, sure. Seems like this was a better option

Looks like WB Discovery still wants to sell off some of the studios to pay off their debt

I do hope they are going to license out the IP, feels like that’s the only way we’d get non-Batman games (WW aside)
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Greg Weisman responding to critiques about Rocket's lack of focus in this arc.

I feel like sometimes the show bills itself as an ensemble but doesn't quite execute it correctly. At least compared to season 1.