Page 446 of 695 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546 ... LastLast
Results 6,676 to 6,690 of 10425
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    People would do nothing but complain about it. It’s for the best.
    lol no. Its like saying "its for the best that WW just doesnt have a comic title". Just wipe the character from existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is there any reason to have a WonderWoman cartoon besides her being apart of the trinity?
    Well lets see...she's the biggest female superhero in the world. Been around 80 years. Is DCs first female. There's no reason why she wouldnt have had her own animated series yet. Especially when Kite Man gets his own. Plastic Man has had his own. Aquaman has had his own.

That’s because they were all episodic shows with minimal overarching plot.
    EMH was fairly serialized. Even more one-off episodes tended to establish characters or sub-plots that developed in future episodes. They just didn't get excessive about it.

And TT had season-long arcs, especially with Slade, Trigon, and the Brotherhood of Evil even if they had standalone episodes in-between the main plot episodes. But that tends to work out well. Actually TT kind of predated the whole "give one member of the main team the main story" for their season arcs, they just never got around to Starfire (but they basically did her whole Blackfire arc anyways).
    If it wasn't winning over the fans, probably. But that doesn't mean people don't want a good Wonder Woman cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Well lets see...she's the biggest female superhero in the world. Been around 80 years. Is DCs first female. There's no reason why she wouldnt have had her own animated series yet. Especially when Kite Man gets his own. Plastic Man has had his own. Aquaman has had his own.
    And (whatever people's opinions of '85) a successful movie franchise.

Is there any reason to have a WonderWoman cartoon besides her being apart of the trinity?
    Any reason for Kite-Man besides being the least funny character in a not-funny show?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Any reason for Kite-Man besides being the least funny character in a not-funny show?
    Or to some, maybe even the funniest character .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The public and network disagrees and that why he got it

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or to some, maybe even the funniest character .
    Zero times zero is still zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I just assumed that if you could think of another character to fill the same plot purposes you’d have mentioned one. Who do you think they could’ve shown coming to terms with their anger as not an inherently negative thing whilst also giving Merton an excuse to go in and out of his vault a few times who wouldn’t have felt shoehorned in?
    I'm not a writer, but these are just plot devices, it's not weird to assume that Metron can enter his own vault at anytime, so its not something that you actually need an excuse for. Lor-Zod has a time machine and tortured the New God for answers anyways.

And being angry and felling hope are just emotions from any human being. It could be something explored by Rocket, If that's is one of the themes they really wanted to explore. She is the protagonist of this arc and has a lot on her plate right now, by being a mother of an autistic child, having to leave him at Earth and trying to save the galaxy at the same time, you can put anger and hope into her actions with ease. But she has being relegated to the background in that episode. She actually haven't done much up until now.

I'm not saying this Razer dude is a bad character, i don't know him, i'm just saying you could make this arc shorter without him, because most of the arcs up until now were long and boring, just like the current one. But now we are going into the fourth episode and Rocket didn't do much and the Flash who supposed to be there to help her barely said anything, cause they choose to focus on other things.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The public and network disagrees and that why he got it
    The public also likes Wonder Woman, so really it's just the network dropping the ball.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    lol no. Its like saying "its for the best that WW just doesnt have a comic title". Just wipe the character from existence.

If that’s all true she would have one by now wouldn’t she? I don’t belive the demand is there. Becuase if it was she would have a show before Harley? WW only had her theatrical debut in live action by a few months before Harley. So is it Warner doesn’t belive in her, or the demand just not being there for WW material.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    As much as I would like to see Young Justice get renewed, because I do like some of the characters and interpretations, I sadly think this may be the last season, as well.

I'm gonna miss YJ Doctor Fate.
    I also think they should pull the plug on this show. The first season was the best one and after that the quality was dropping as the seasons went by. The current one for me is the worst.

Maybe it's time for a new team to take a crack at a new series.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I also think they should pull the plug on this show. The first season was the best one and after that the quality was dropping as the seasons went by. The current one for me is the worst.

Maybe it's time for a new team to take a crack at a new series.
    I don’t really believe that since I feel like S2 was better than S3 as it showed that the team didn’t just live in a bubble created by the adult heroes.

I don’t really believe that since I feel like S2 was better than S3 as it showed that the team didn’t just live in a bubble created by the adult heroes.
    Isn't that what i said? You can correct me since english is not my first language, but i was saying that the show got worse by each season. So yeah, season 2 was better than season 3 imo.

Like s1 > s2 > s3 > s4.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

I actually think that Wonder Woman would be one of the easiest characters to make a cartoon about because you can mix and match her life as a superhero in the regular world and her life as a superhero in a fantasy world however much you like.

For example, you can have a slice-of-life show with a monster-fighting backdrop to provide the action or an adventure series in an urban or fantasy setting with a mythological villain (ex. Ares)

I've seen too many good fantasy cartoons (ex. Owl House) to believe competent writers wouldn't be able to pull off a Wonder Woman series.

I also think people have a tendency to view these kinds of things from the wrong angle, namely they look at it from a "How many people would want to watch a Wonder Woman cartoon?" angle instead of a "How many people would want to watch a series about a female protagonist who fights monsters and befriends monsters and has to learn to live in present day world?"

Basically, it's not about how many people would want to watch the show because it features Wonder Woman. It's about how many people would want to watch the show based on its premise.

To a degree, this also extends to movies where people (and probably corporations, as well) focus too much on name-recognition instead of story premise to determine whether or not anyone would be interested in watching a movie featuring this or that character.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 05-01-2022 at 10:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If that’s all true she would have one by now wouldn’t she? I don’t belive the demand is there. Becuase if it was she would have a show before Harley? WW only had her theatrical debut in live action by a few months before Harley. So is it Warner doesn’t belive in her, or the demand just not being there for WW material.
    Lets not try to act that sexism isnt in play here. It took her 80 years to a get a movie. A movie that was a hit and they still treated her poorly.

If she isnt in demand then stop selling her merch, using her name. Sell the character. They aint willing to give her up.

Mighty Member

So, we already assume that WB would likely screw it up, and it's for the best that that they don't even try? With that logic, i am not sure why DC should still put out anything that is not Batman or related and maybe a little Superman, considering how much higher the likelyhood of them screwing it up is.

Is there any reason to not have a Wonder Woman cartoon, besides that she is not Batman, and that some people at DC or WB are maybe mentally still not living in the 21th century and somehow missed that She-Ra as example happened in the 1980s?