Page 447 of 695 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 10425

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    If that’s all true she would have one by now wouldn’t she? I don’t belive the demand is there. Becuase if it was she would have a show before Harley? WW only had her theatrical debut in live action by a few months before Harley. So is it Warner doesn’t belive in her, or the demand just not being there for WW material.
    Let's not act like there isn't any favoritism towards Harley. Especially since she's ostensibly still a Bat-property.

If there wasn't a demand for WW she wouldn't have movies that do well, merchandise, or her own video game. But yet, still no cartoon. Because WB passes on them.

Mighty Member

If that’s all true she would have one by now wouldn’t she? I don’t belive the demand is there.
    You mean like as there also was no demand for female superhero movies before the Wonder Woman movie?

Becuase if it was she would have a show before Harley?
    You mean like she had a movie before Catwoman and Supergirl?

WW only had her theatrical debut in live action by a few months before Harley.
    Wonder Woman would be likely multiple times as popular as she is today, with even just a quarter of the push Harley Quinn gets since dozens of years. And despite not having that the Wonder Woman movie was the first true hit of the DCEU, while Harley's debut just damaged the reputation of the DCEU even further, so i am not sure why you not even seem to realize how bad your argument truly is.

So is it Warner doesn’t belive in her, or the demand just not being there for WW material.
    What type of magic-powered demand-o-meter has WB been using, to come to the ridiculous conclusion that there is demand for a Wonder Woman video game but not for a Wonder Woman cartoon?
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-01-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Isn't that what i said? You can correct me since english is not my first language, but i was saying that the show got worse by each season. So yeah, season 2 was better than season 3 imo.

Like s1 > s2 > s3 > s4.
    I understood what you said, and I was disagreeing with you.

Characters like Cassandra Cain and Halo wouldn’t have gotten adapted if not for the show’s structure. We’d lose more if we only focused on the OG cast.

It’s ridiculous how many viewers didn’t know about Orion changing his appearance with a Motherbox until this story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post

Characters like Cassandra Cain and Halo wouldn’t have gotten adapted if not for the show’s structure. We’d lose more if we only focused on the OG cast.

It’s ridiculous how many viewers didn’t know about Orion changing his appearance with a Motherbox until this story arc.
    Well, you said that season 2 was better than season 3, and kinda looked like you were agreeing with me. That's why i got confused.

I never had a problem with the show structure up until season 4 and the arc by arc format. But to me season 1 still is the best one.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Is there any reason to not have a Wonder Woman cartoon, besides that she is not Batman, and that some people at DC or WB are maybe mentally still not living in the 21th century and somehow missed that She-Ra as example happened in the 1980s?
    And She-Ra continues to happen. It's why they even put out an Amethyst: Princess of Gemworld DC Nation shorts to piggback off Netflix She-Ra's success.

Wonder Woman: The Animated Series should have been greenlit in 2017 as soon as the original live action film was a success. BTAS premiered in the same year as Batman Returns as both were greenlit almost at the same time after Batman '89's success. If we had gotten a brilliant WWTAS in 2020, it would have off-set the bitterness of the mediocre WW84 movie.

Edit: I thought the Amethyst DC Nation shorts premiered after Netflix She-Ra but apparently it was the other way around. Interesting. DC should just push Amethyst as the OG magical girl warrior in other media now.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-01-2022 at 11:50 AM.

I mean, Cassandra was finally developed and expanded on in an arc focused on Artemis (moreso than Rocket and Zatanna's arcs were focused on them) which is about what you would honestly expect. But at least she actually got focus which is more than a lot of other characters on the show can say.

It's about balance.

When Invasion aired, I was both excited and confused about if I liked the time skip. But, over a decade since, I 100% think it did a better job at handling its much bigger cast. And, it managed to do so with six fewer episodes. And, the characters that did get focused on them all revolved around the Team.

S3 broke the team up and I don't mind the focus on young adult and teen heroes (it's prevalent in some arcs), but then having characters outside that orbit get intense focus throws things into a whirlwind.

I like Black Lightning but his focus on S3 felt odd especially since that wasn't expanding on his relationship with Static. Razer could show up in these last few episodes, but that felt more like a nod to the GL show and not actually relevant to the plot. The runaways are an example of having characters adjacent to the and still playing a major role in the plot, Static becoming a constant in the process.

And, there's just very little balance, the focus doesn't always have to be on the OGs, but introducing characters on character season after season can be tiring especially when you can do without a few.

If Greg wanted an anthological DCU series that encompasses everything I'd be fine with that, Young Justice just shouldn't be that.
    Last edited by thefinalguy; 05-01-2022 at 02:41 PM.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I like Black Lightning but his focus on S3 felt odd especially since that wasn't expanding on his relationship with Static. Razer could show up in these last few episodes, but that felt more like a nod to the GL show and not actually relevant to the plot. The runaways are an example of having characters adjacent to the and still playing a major role in the plot, Static becoming a constant in the process.

And, there's just very little balance, the focus doesn't always have to be on the OGs, but introducing characters on character season after season can be tiring especially when you can do without a few.
    And sometimes it just feels so sporadic.

Look at Black Lightning being a main character in season 3 and now he basically just gets voiceless cameos as leader of the JL while Superman tells him stuff in the end credits. Or Halo who only really appears now to clean up some of the controversy of last season.

They made that big deal with Mary getting controlled by Granny Goodness but we haven't seen her (outside when the Zatanna and Kaldur arcs coincide) since said arc. Who knows if that will even go anywhere in the last few episodes.

Oh look, it's Etrigan! Bye Etrigan...

Blue Devil finally gets dialogue just to join the list of characters not really knowing what to do with Gar's depression arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And sometimes it just feels so sporadic.

Look at Black Lightning being a main character in season 3 and now he basically just gets voiceless cameos as leader of the JL while Superman tells him stuff in the end credits. Or Halo who only really appears now to clean up some of the controversy of last season.

They made that big deal with Mary getting controlled by Granny Goodness but we haven't seen her (outside when the Zatanna and Kaldur arcs coincide) since said arc. Who knows if that will even go anywhere in the last few episodes.

Oh look, it's Etrigan! Bye Etrigan...

Blue Devil finally gets dialogue just to join the list of characters not really knowing what to do with Gar's depression arc.
    The whole series is basically preparing for the inevitable war with Darkseid. Even if it doesn’t get talked about immediately, it’s still all leading to something.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

The whole series is basically preparing for the inevitable war with Darkseid. Even if it doesn’t get talked about immediately, it’s still all leading to something.
    It's leading to something that we will never see lol. Greg doesnt have an endpoint for the show and I doubt we will actually get a Darkseid war when they cant even wrap up one major villain plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It's leading to something that we will never see lol. Greg doesnt have an endpoint for the show and I doubt we will actually get a Darkseid war when they cant even wrap up one major villain plot.
    I'm sure we'll make...incremental progress by season 6 .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's not act like there isn't any favoritism towards Harley. Especially since she's ostensibly still a Bat-property.

If there wasn't a demand for WW she wouldn't have movies that do well, merchandise, or her own video game. But yet, still no cartoon. Because WB passes on them.
    Her last film was not received positively

Favoritism or not she still backed it up with sales in books and merch

New Batman film in the works with deathstroke

https://twitter.com/jayoliva1/status...xiJEFcHc4yL20w

FAC22BA2-F982-49D5-8C0A-3167BA32B6D9.jpg

Neither was the first Suicide Squad, The Suicide Squad bombed, Birds of Prey also bombed.

Next.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Yeah, I don't think we can realistically expect to ever see the inevitable war with Darkseid since the series uses the Light/Darkseid as its series-spanning villain (while other villains - the Reach, Zods - serve as the season villain) and considering what Greg Weisman has said. At best, it'll be in a wrap-up season where they know they won't get another season and have to hurry to put a bow on the series

As a side note, it's horrible they have to play the sadistic "Will we get renewed or not" game each season. I know it's better than their show just being outright cancelled because at least this way it has a chance, but still. I hope when the time comes, they are told and are at least given a last season to finish off their series, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 05-01-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

As did WW. She only had the top selling bluray of 2021.