Page 448 of 695 FirstFirst ... 348398438444445446447448449450451452458498548 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 10422

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Her last film was not received positively

Favoritism or not she still backed it up with sales in books and merch

New Batman film in the works with deathstroke

https://twitter.com/jayoliva1/status...xiJEFcHc4yL20w

Attachment 120715
    No that’s old concept art from Affleck’s Batman movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm not a writer, but these are just plot devices, it's not weird to assume that Metron can enter his own vault at anytime, so its not something that you actually need an excuse for. Lor-Zod has a time machine and tortured the New God for answers anyways.

And being angry and felling hope are just emotions from any human being. It could be something explored by Rocket, If that's is one of the themes they really wanted to explore. She is the protagonist of this arc and has a lot on her plate right now, by being a mother of an autistic child, having to leave him at Earth and trying to save the galaxy at the same time, you can put anger and hope into her actions with ease. But she has being relegated to the background in that episode. She actually haven't done much up until now.

I'm not saying this Razer dude is a bad character, i don't know him, i'm just saying you could make this arc shorter without him, because most of the arcs up until now were long and boring, just like the current one. But now we are going into the fourth episode and Rocket didn't do much and the Flash who supposed to be there to help her barely said anything, cause they choose to focus on other things.
    And we’re back to shoehorning in plot lines and characters with no build up or explanation just so Razer can be excluded

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Yeah, I don't think we can realistically expect to ever see the inevitable war with Darkseid since the series uses the Light/Darkseid as its series-spanning villain (while other villains - the Reach, Zods - serve as the season villain) and considering what Greg Weisman has said. At best, it'll be in a wrap-up season where they know they won't get another season and have to hurry to put a bow on the series

As a side note, it's horrible they have to play the sadistic "Will we get renewed or not" game each season. I know it's better than their show just being outright cancelled because at least this way it has a chance, but still. I hope when the time comes, they are told and are at least given a last season to finish off their series, but I doubt it.
    Yeah, but Weisman can't do those. The best you can hope for is a season that resolves basically 80% of the plot, if at all.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

A Cyborg series was briefly in development back in the day apparently.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdBUNqxLDy-/

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

Oh that's a terrible design
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Is that Drake? lmao

Is that Drake???
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Is that Drake? lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Is that Drake???
    Yes the guy says they wanted to cast Drake to play Vic
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Was this a planned TV Show? Uh...

This kind of reminds me of Cyborg on Smallville. Feels like everyone in the initial JL was primed for a spinoff at some point (Aquaman got the pilot stage).

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The whole series is basically preparing for the inevitable war with Darkseid. Even if it doesn’t get talked about immediately, it’s still all leading to something.
    I doubt that war is actually happening, the way YJ is made has only Light and Apokolips as major villains, and they've been cock teasing this war since season 2, and it was generally theorized it would happen in season 3, then it didn'ts, and it doesn't look like it'll happen in season 4 too.

Basically they limited the options of big villains too much and now the war is something that'd be difficult to actually make it happen, and if it does, then what? How do they continue it? Or is the war only happening in a final season?

Even if there is a plan to make a war happen, fuck, two seasons cock teasing for it to happen? Nothing is worth waiting this damn long lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure we'll make...incremental progress by season 6 .
    Like having Darkseid speak once, never again and then nothing else happens to advance the "upcoming" war? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

While I say “war”, I don’t mean it too literally. We’re technically already in the war since all the main factions have already made their move.

Incredible Member

Regarding Cassandra Cain and Halo...
    People responded positively to Cassandra Cain on the show, but the character of Halo was so drastically changed from the source material, the creator of the Outsiders didn't like this change and that of Geo-Force. Fans consider Halo one of the worst characters in the show (along with Geo-Force). Because of her annoying personality and voice, taking the spotlight from the original characters and forcing religion on the show.
    Last edited by Veni; 05-03-2022 at 05:51 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Her last film was not received positively

Favoritism or not she still backed it up with sales in books and merch
    Because Wonder Woman's last film was bad, but 2 out of the 3 films with Harley Quinn were not received positively while the only not negatively received film was one of the bigger flops of the DCEU so far, and Harley Quinn in fact even got just like Green Lantern a cartoon after a very negatively received film with her.

Are you even trying to make sense? If a character gets pushed the sales are typically expected to go up, if a characters gets pushed a lot the sales have a good chance to go up by a lot, and if a character gets so extremely pushed like Harley Quinn for dozens of years the sales be better absolutely amazing, because if not it would basically mean that character was very unpopular all along. And Wonder Woman had not just a hit film as the DCEU had a very negative reputation, but often also much better merch sales than the little DC or WB pushed her for most of the time would suggest, while Harley Quinn as 1 of the most pushed characters in DC's history has after 3 tries still not even managed to have any film that is a true hit.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 05-02-2022 at 01:50 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Because Wonder Woman's last film was bad, but 2 out of the 3 films with Harley Quinn were not received positively while the only not negatively received film was one of the bigger flops of the DCEU so far, and Harley Quinn in fact even got just like Green Lantern a cartoon after a very negatively received film with her.

Are you even trying to make sense? If a character gets pushed the sales are typically expected to go up, if a characters gets pushed a lot the sales have a good chance to go up by a lot, and if a character gets so extremely pushed like Harley Quinn for dozens of years the sales are better absolutely amazing, because if not it would basically mean that character was very unpopular all along. And Wonder Woman had not just a hit film as the DCEU had a very negative reputation, but often also much better merch sales than the little DC or WB pushed her for most of the time would suggest, while Harley Quinn 1 of the most pushed characters in DC's history has after 3 tries still not even managed to have any film that is a true hit.
    SS wasn’t received positively but she was. Critical yeah the film was bad, but her appearance wasn’t. She only exploded from their further in ever possible way. DC kept putting her face on things and people kept buying it. Toys, costumes, animated film, etc. Post 2017 she was at a point of leading 4 titles simultaneously. Has WW ever ever had that opportunity, it’s not favoritism it’s the results. Harley doesn’t even have to be part of a story strongly anymore they use her the same way they use Batman. You put her on the cover and or include just to bump purchases. Sure she is bat character, but she has also moved quite past just being under his umbrella. She has never been the default or token female she been the one the audience choose. That’s why her show was greenlit.

If wonderwoman did have the better merch sales and the demand wouldn’t she have more? Why would they not see potential and capitalize off her that’s what companies do. That one film must not have done enough. It was not followed up by much of anything, besides an animated film 3 years later. Wonderwoman has been around for 80 years, her brand should have as much weight as Bat and Supes, I can certain fault it under discrimination, sexism and even homophobia for a majority of that time 2010, 2012( the embargo was lifted of wonder girls) forward not much development why.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    I actually think that Wonder Woman would be one of the easiest characters to make a cartoon about because you can mix and match her life as a superhero in the regular world and her life as a superhero in a fantasy world however much you like.

For example, you can have a slice-of-life show with a monster-fighting backdrop to provide the action or an adventure series in an urban or fantasy setting with a mythological villain (ex. Ares)

I've seen too many good fantasy cartoons (ex. Owl House) to believe competent writers wouldn't be able to pull off a Wonder Woman series.

I also think people have a tendency to view these kinds of things from the wrong angle, namely they look at it from a "How many people would want to watch a Wonder Woman cartoon?" angle instead of a "How many people would want to watch a series about a female protagonist who fights monsters and befriends monsters and has to learn to live in present day world?"

Basically, it's not about how many people would want to watch the show because it features Wonder Woman. It's about how many people would want to watch the show based on its premise.

To a degree, this also extends to movies where people (and probably corporations, as well) focus too much on name-recognition instead of story premise to determine whether or not anyone would be interested in watching a movie featuring this or that character.
    Wonder Woman has ties to one of the most popular mythologies of all time if not the most popular. There’s no excuse to why she doesn’t have her own cartoon.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"